The Group C Rivals ... The lists

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by vipnerd, May 15, 2006.

1. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

w

this must be the best and scariest bench at the WC.

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: 0,

No doubt about that!

3. SlickRick

SlickRick New Member

May 21, 2006
    your sisters place

I think that is Brazil (Robinho, Fred, Juninho, Luisao, Cicinho,Gilberto Silva)

4. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    well, gilberto will probably play because edmilson is out of the tournament.

messi is a much better player than robinho IMO.

for me, robinho's main objective is to look good, messi's is to hurt the opposition.

messi is a v serious footballer, he is not a show pony.

cicinho can't defend IMO.

fred and luisao i have never seen.

juninho i like v much, but i still think our bench is better.

messi, tevez, lucho, aimar, milito :eek:

5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    As a neutral (pro US) observer, it will be very unfortunate if there is no Argentina v. Brasil (Semifinal or Final) game in Germany in July.

Let's settle this argument on the field!

6. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

That is an awesome bench, no doubt about it. What settles it for me (aside from the obvious) is this;

Messi has proven to be arguably the most dangerous guy on the pitch anytime he runs out. Not in anyway an attempt to diminish the greatness of Ronaldinho but Barca imho was a better team with Messi in the line up.

I also believe that Carlitos Tevez and Pablo Aimar are still better than the best Brazilian on the bench (Robinho/Juninho).

I think Brazil is the only country that can boast this kind of depth but really, most neutrals would probably look at Messi, Tevez and Aimar alone and not have to think about who has more depth. Messi, Tevez and Aimar would be the best player on virtually every team in the world.

7. SlickRick

SlickRick New Member

May 21, 2006
    your sisters place

Barcelona with Messi is indeed a better team!! But Messi cannot be a subsitute player for Argentina. If he is fit I am sure the coach will put him in the starting line up. He is one of the best players in the world. The same goes for Carlos Tevez, he is much better than Saviola. But overall I think Brazil have got better players than Argentina, so the bench players from Brazil are also better than those from Argentina. Because I cannot imagine that Tevez and Messi are bench players (or Peker must have smoke some dutch weed!!).

8. SlickRick

SlickRick New Member

May 21, 2006
    your sisters place
    No, Edmilson was also a subsitute player. They are playing with Ze Roberto and Emerson as defensive midfielders.

9. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england

both will start the wc on the bench, in messi's case it might be because he's not 100% fit, but tevez is.

10. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    I think putting Messi on the bench is a good decision, Peker can bring him in the second half, by than, Ivory coast players will have a bunch of yellow cards and will not be able to kick the hell out of our players, like cameroon did in 1990. By what I saw today, germany-costa rica and poland-ecuador I definitely think that Argentina has a good chance of doing well in the tournament.

11. SlickRick

SlickRick New Member

May 21, 2006
    your sisters place

Yes,

Saviola wil play instead of Tevez. I think when Messi is fit he will defintely be in the starting line up. I hope Pekerman will put him in the starting line up after the group stage!!

12. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

but i think Pekerman will change his system as soon as Messi is fit. thus both Messi and Tevez will start the game.