NSR: The Good Life

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by GMangs, Apr 11, 2013.

1. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Was a nice day yesterday. Found some Moretti cheap a few days before, so I picked it up. Decided on a Romeo y Julieta Belicoso. It has consistently gotten low 90 ratings in recent CA reviews. Most recent being a 93 in Dec 2012. Pretty cheap cigars. When I first got them, I didn't care for them much, but they have sat for several months. It was a lot different then the first time I had it. A big improvement. Smoked it for about an hour an a half. Burned really good. Only needed a few adjustments towards the very end. Easy draw, not a strong cigar, worth giving a try. My uncle also liked it a lot more this time around.

2. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, my Jura got here yesterday. I set it up last night, but didn't get to use it till this morning.
    [​IMG]

I looked at parts of the manual quick, but didn't really need to. It's pretty easy. I just have to get used to it and figure out the best combos of milk and coffee. Also need to get some nice glasses. I used some beer glasses I had, as you can see below. I wanted to biggest cappuccinos I could make. All you have to do is fill everything up and press a few buttons. It does all the work. Even though I'm not sure of the right mixture combos, like I said, everything came out pretty good. I made three cappuccinos and an espresso. The espresso was really strong. I need to work on that too, but pretty good. It's going to be trial and error, learning on the job to get everything right or I could just look things up, but I don't mind figuring my own way out.

Here are two of my first creations.

[​IMG]
    Was alittle too big. Just made it under the spout. I just thought it would be kinda cool, so said f--- it and did it anyway.

[​IMG]

That fit much better. So far I love it. I might get addicted, this could get bad.

3. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Been awhile. Blew away my average of one to two cigars a week, but been busy. Anyway I placed an order about two weeks ago. It got sent in two parts. This is part one. Part two came the next day and I'll post it up later on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got Partagas Serie E No.2, Bolivar Short Bolivar, and Cohiba Behike 52's.

Moishe and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  4. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Some more of the Behike. I first had it last year when I was in London. Decided to get a box finally. Forgot to rotate the one pic, but not going back to do it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  5. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]
    Since I got new inventory, we decided to try the Short Bolivar and I broke out a bottle of HellHound from Dogfish that had been sitting for a while. The Bolivar is only 4 3/8 an inch and a 50 ring gauge. It got a 92 from CA when rated. We both thought it might be a quick smoke, but it lasted about an hour and a half. I think it is much better than a 92, but it was rated back in 09. So they have sat for a long time. Lots of smoke, great cigar. Not very expensive, depending where you can find them.

[​IMG]
    As for the beer. It's 10% and much better than what I remembered it being the first few times I had it. I'll let Sam, the owner of Dogfish tell you about it.

[​IMG]

6. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Subs:) I'm a collector of single malts and to a lesser extent rum. Recently got back into cigars and in three months am up to two humidors which is on the verge of being three. Being in the states Cubans are very hard to come by that aren't fakes but I am blessed to have had my father send me some Cohiba Julieta's from Buenos Aires. Fantastic smoke for sure. I also have six Arturo Fuente Opus X robustos. If you haven't tried the Opus X and can by all means do so, fantastic stick.

7. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice. I'm up to four humidors. Opus are pretty good. Padron's are my favorite non Cuban. I like the Ashton ESG and a few other things. Been smoking, but slacking on posting about them. I'll have one in a bit.

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Padron's are pretty good. Picked up an assortment from My Father cigars and must say they are quite good. Flor De Las Antillas toro gordo are probably my favorite but I nearly enjoyed the Don Pepin's just as much. La Duena's were solid but the least bold of the group. Worth trying out. Got a great deal on a box of Casa Magna Oscuro's which are fantastic and the guy threw in a couple of Casa Magna Colorado's which were CA's 2008 cigar of the year.

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  9. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

This was from about a week ago, Allagash Four. From their site.

We brew this beer with four malts, four sugars, four hop varieties and we ferment it four times, using four different yeast strains. The complexity of the brewing process is matched by the complexity of this unique beer. Flavors of raisin, candied fruit and plum express themselves throughout.

It's 10% and goes for around $15 a bottle. They have it listed as a year round beer, which I didn't think it was. Have to pick another one or two up if I see it again. Mine sat for maybe 3 months or more. They say it can be aged close to two years. It's pricey for about two beers, but really good.
    http://www.allagash.com/beer/year-round/four

[​IMG]

I went for a Cohiba Piramide Extra. Got them in my last big order. This was the second one I smoked. I went with it cause my uncle was going to smoke his first. We smoked ours for about two hours each. It has been rated by Cigar Aficionado twice, a 93 both times. They say this about it.

The alluring cappuccino hue of this torpedo foreshadows its rich, nutty character balanced by sweet floral notes. The draw is lush and produces a velvety smoke.

My uncle and myself both agree, it is an awesome cigar. It is a little pricey though, around $25 and up depending where you find them. My place ran out after I ordered them.

Think I'm going out on the porch for a smoke now since it cleared up.

10. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Changing things up a bit. Just got these, EOTech XPS holographic sight and G33 magnifier. Haven't got to put them on my rifle yet, but they are going to be pretty awesome when I do and get to the range. They are pricey, but I'd rather pay the extra money and be happy with them instead of buying something cheaper and not liking it and having to replace it later. They have gotten very good reviews. Here they are.
    [​IMG]
    Here they are in action.

11. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

This was from a few days ago. Hellhound again and a My Father No.1. Got a five pack months ago. Still had a few left, because I didn't go crazy over them at first. Still not crazy about them, but a decent smoke. They sell for about $10. CA rates them usually at 93-94 and it was the number 3 cigar of 2009. I just don't see how they give this cigar a rating like that unless it has to do with advertising money. From CA,

Very well constructed, with an oily wrapper and triple-seam cap. The cigar is immediately rich and meaty, with leather, coffee bean and a balancing sweetness.

and

José “Pepin” Garcia has taken the premium cigar world by storm. Once an acclaimed cigar roller in Havana, Garcia immigrated to the United States in 2003 and set up shop in a tiny fabrica in Miami’s famed Little Havana, making cigars of remarkable quality, teeming with flavor. The first cigar of his to achieve fame was Tatuaje, which he makes for Pete Johnson. Soon his own cigars began to scoop up industry accolades. Garcia’s son, Jaime, a talented blender in his own right, secretly went to work in Nicaragua on a new cigar blend, which he intended to hide from his father. Pepin learned that Jaime was preparing something new without the jefe’s permission. “I found out, and asked Jaime for three cigars,” said Pepin. Jaime handed them over. Pepin smoked them that night. The next day, he was moved when his son told him that he intended to name the brand “My Father.” The cigars feature Nicaraguan tobacco that the Garcias grew themselves and a Habano seed wrapper from Ecuador from the maestros at Tampa, Florida’s, Oliva Tobacco Co. The combination creates a stunning amount of rich flavor: the cigar is meaty, with leather and coffee bean flavors. The Garcia’s company now bears the name “My Father Cigars”—it’s a fitting tribute passed from son to father, and back again.

[​IMG]

Moishe repped this.
  12. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I absolutely love cigars especially on my mates 18th smoking cigars playing beer pong was quite the combo.

13. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I absolutely love cigars especially on my mates 18th smoking cigars playing beer pong was quite the combo.

14. Jaduqen

Jaduqen New Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are many cigar smokers in my area that will pay good money for fresh rolled cigars.
    cigars-university.com