NSR: The Good Life

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by GMangs, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Nothing quite like it. Sort of like a mini-vacation.

GMangs repped this.
  2. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It used to be a big party, hang out area back in the day before everything happened. As soon as the embargo is lifted, I expect the same thing to happen. I thought about trying to go there by going to another island then taking a boat or plane to Cuba, but my uncle and buddies aren't up for it. I want to get there before they have a chance to modernize it and then go back once it has changed. When I was in London, people had no idea we couldn't go and were shocked. A Polish girl at my hotel was going with her boyfriend while I was in London, that's how we started talking about it. We are able to travel and do business with much worse countries, who hate us. I think it's been enough time with Cuba being on a timeout. I would also like to get to the Habanos festival.

3. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Was going to post something, but side tracked with the explosions in Boston. Screw the Juve game. I'll post it up later on.

4. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

My uncle came over after work the other day for a smoke. I had a Fuente Anjeo of his, that's what he wanted to smoke, so I decide to have my last one. Paired it up with a Dogfish ancient beer, Etru SCA.

[​IMG]

My first Anejo in about 4-5 months. I usually smoke faster than my uncle, but he finished his in just over an hour, he did have a different size than mine. Also don't think he has his humidors right. Told him to bring them over and I'll get them going right when he has the chance. I got mine to last about two hours, cause of bs'ing, and enjoyment. Need to try to find more online if anyone has them or wait it out till next winter, around Nov/Dec for them to come out again. Still one of our favorites, non Cuban or Cuban, especially for the price, around $15 depending on size. The beer was pretty good too. Didn't go crazy over it the first time I had it, but bought the last three bottles the next time a saw it. Had to give it another shot and it was better than the first time. It sells for about $11.99 depending on the store. Happy I still have two left, probably can't find it now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Midfield General repped this.
  5. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very nice. I haven't smoked an Anejo in a very long time. I'll have to give them a go again when they're back in season. I really like them there just always seems something new to try.

One of the things I like about cigars and libations is there is no right answer. To each their own. Example: You like beer and wine with your smokes, most the guys I smoke with do too. Me? It really depends on the beer and I can't stand wine with cigars. I love wine (make my own every year) and love cigars, loathe them together.

I'm a bourbon guy with my smokes. Scotch is OK too. If it's hot then gin will do the trick.

Smoked a Mi Amor reserve last Saturday and an EP Golaso on Sunday. Don't know what I'll do this weekend until I goto the store. My humidor is screwed up and I can't get it right so I'm buying weekly right now instead of holding. Sucks.

6. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never got into scotch, bourbon, or cognac. I like vodka, beer, wine, port, and cacacha. That's about it. Champaign is ok, but never with a cigar.

7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Scotch (single malt) triple distilled Vodka are my preferences. Wine of course, with a good piece of meat :) Cigars, doesn't really matter much what kind, not picky at all but you have a nice stash there Gman.

Not much into beer, at least not more than 1 or 2 in one sitting and while I like the Corona, I prefer this as a light beer over Corona:

[​IMG]

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What are your online sources?

9. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    my favorite rum ain't nothin special, my friend made me a rum and coke and it has become my favorite rum at the moment, unfortunately its nothing very cultured or special because I was able to find it at the local liquor store lol

[​IMG]

10. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll message you later tonight or in the morning. Falling asleep.

11. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bad memories, well not really bad, but crazy stuff happened one night involving a bottle of that, Jagermeister, and lots of cheap beer about a year after high school. Empty house, about six girls, me my buddy, and another guy that was a friend of one of the girls. Just going to say things got wild. Next day was rough.

12. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rum is my liquor of choice... Gin is the worst shit ever.. ******** gin bad memories and bad times.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  13. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! Gin isn't for everyone but how I enjoy a Negroni!

And I would be remiss if I didn't give a Forza Roma shout out. Coppa Italia final!

OK, back to the booze and smokes.

14. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! Gin isn't for everyone but how I enjoy a Negroni!

And I would be remiss if I didn't give a Forza Roma shout out. Coppa Italia final!

OK, back to the booze and smokes.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  15. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ******** lol heaven bless you for liking gin haha

I'm not a big martini guy either though lol

I don't even like vodka too much, I think vodka is peoples favorite liquor if they don't like liquor in general.

16. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Whenever I would be dieting, I'd drink vodka. Not sure on the numbers and all, but it always seemed like the better option, especially compared to beer.

17. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i got myself a beer making kit from the internet. made myself an autumn amber ale, didn't come out too good (but it was still beer, so i was happy). i think i fermented it for too long, gotta keep practicing haha

18. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A few people at work have been home brewing. I thought about setting something up in the basement, maybe in the future.

19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    GMangs

Here's my celebratory drink/smoke combo for the Rangers routing of the Devils today :D

[​IMG]

Sorry about the playoffs btw
    and love your sig! :thumbsup:

GMangs repped this.
  20. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Is that a cognac?

21. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Brandy. Cognac is a type of Brandy.

22. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Mm

I had some Kentucky cappuccino before... I believe its a lot of bourbon and coffee.. Amazing stuff haha... My booze stock is pretty low ATM... Only booze I don't wanna run out of is rum lol... Would be the end of the world if I didn't have rum around

23. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    :thumbsup: Caffè corretto's are the best for sure!!

24. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    caffeine and a sedative like alcohol are going to be the death of me, Rum and Cokes are my weapon of choice usually, not a huge coffee guy, but I love cappuccinos so booze + caffeine = yay

but usually brings on hangovers so I drink water before I go to bed and I'm good to go the next morning! :D

25. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy