NSR: The Good Life

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by GMangs, Apr 11, 2013.

1. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Figured we could add this as a place for say people's Milan collections, car/boat/bike, cigars, alcohol, watches, girls, tech, and other talk, instead of putting it in the general section. I'll post some stuff later on.

2. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kick it off with some cigars. I know it's not going to be the most popular subject, but whatever.

Some Cohiba Maduro 5 Magicos
    [​IMG]

Some Cohiba 1966's
    [​IMG]

Magicos are awesome. Haven't gotten to try the 1966's yet. Every time I make an attempt, something comes up to block it. The first time was rain in London on the day I was leaving.

3. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No cigar people?

4. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i'm not a huge cigar fan, but i smoke them when i get the chance. on a slightly different note, my brother-in -law's bachelor party was cigar and rum themed. i don't know what kind of cigars they were, but it was ron zacapa. if you haven't tried it, you should! smoothest rum ever

5. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not big on rum. Was drinking some when I was in Puerto Rico. Thats about it. I usually stick to wine, craft beers, and a few other things. Ill post some tomorrow. In bed now. My uncle has been on a tequila thing lately.

6. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

From left to right. Davis Bynum Pinot Noir, my girls favorite PN, usually mid $20 unless you catch it on sale. My favorite Pinot Noir, Rodney Strong Reserve. I think I bought all the old bottles one of my local stores had. This is an 03, think they were going for mid $30's. The next two are both Orin Swift wines, Saldo a red blend, 15.9%. Goes for about $30 online, in stores usually mid $30's. The Prisoner is another red blend, only reason I ever picked it up was cause I liked the picture on it. Need to find a big framed print of it for the house. Goes for mid $30's to $40. Both of those Orin Swift's are in my favorites, have several bottles of each. Need to get my hands on some of their other wines to try. Duckhorn Merlot, Duckhorn makes really good stuff and can be up there in price. Think this one was in the $40 to $50 range. Warre's Port LBV from 2000, my uncle and I were looking for a good port that wasn't very expensive, but aged more for a smoke. A good wine guy, Mike, at one of our favorite places suggested this and we got it for between $30-$40 bucks. We both liked it, and I went back and got a few more bottles. When it comes to port, for the money, you can't beat it. At least I haven't yet.

http://www.orinswift.com/

[​IMG]

My uncle picked this up the other day for about $19. was pretty darn good. Have to grab a few more bottles. First time we had it, both of us liked it, 15.8%.

[​IMG]

My uncle's killed bottle of Angel's Envy bourbon. I tried it, not bad. I'm not a bourbon person though. Not sure off hand on prices or reviews. Leblon, my personal favorite cachaca, Brazilian rum. Goes for about $30 bucks. The only cachaca I will drink, need more. Great for caipirinha.

7. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No wine drinkers either? This is going to be boring.

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Lemme get home, I'll put up some pics.

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan

Where'd you get those? I'm into Cigars if I have the right brandy or scotch. Go with the Grande Marnier or if not a decent Fiddich :)

10. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    From the Swiss. Last time I was at the local shop, they had a free tasting of scotch, whiskey, and bourbon. I don't like it but drank it. Got messed up. Guy that goes there a lot is going to have a tasting at his house this month of something, not sure what apparently he does reviews for something. So I'm going to try to check it out. He told my uncle about the Angel's Envy.

11. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I missed the beer tasting when I was in hospital. My uncle won some stuff.

12. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can work on beer next if people want it.

13. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big cigar guy here. Love Sunday afternoons with cigars and Serie A. Being in the states Cubans are hard to come by. I stick to the boutique brands.

GMangs repped this.
  14. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not all Cubans are good. Just look for a good foreign company online. Never had any issues before. Lots of non Cubans are good. If my uncle doesn't get on for overtime today, we will probably have a smoke since its pretty nice out today.

15. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear you. I have smoked Cubans just never gone out the way for them. My favorite is the Partagas Serie D #4. At least I think that's what it was.

My normal brands include almost anything from Don Pepin Garcia, La Flor Dominicana and I really like the new EP line. Granted the EP's aren't so new anymore.

16. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Serie D#4 was the first Cuban I ever had. Still have some upstairs. Partagas is one of my favorites. Bolivar is up there. My favorite non Cuban is the Fuente Anjeo. Also like the Alec Bradley Prensado in a Churchill. I'll post something after I finish lunch and the game I'm watching. Girl is pissed at something, so I need to let her cool off before hanging out with her.

17. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Start off with some non Cubans from left to right. Ashton ESG. I think it blows away the VSG, it is more money though. Depending on the stick, I think this was just under $20. Fuente Anjeo, it's a winter release. We tried to find boxes online at regular retailers, but can't. So, we buy as many as we can from our local shop. He limits the amount you can buy, which I don't mind. Think they are about $15 from our local shop. Well worth it, better than some Cubans, maybe my favorite and my uncles favorite non Cuban. Alec Bradley Prensado, former cigar of the year, 2011. When we got a box, I think they were under $10 a stick. Can't beat it. La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva. If you liked the regular Mi Amor, 2nd in 2011, and a 95 rating, this blows that away in the opinion of my uncle and I. Not sure what the Reserva was rated off hand. Think it is also under $10, can't remember. My Father #2, pretty good, got a 90+ rating, can't remember the price, but it was over $10 I'm pretty sure. Would skip it for something else in the pic. Padron Family Reserva 1964, 46 years, pricey, but awesome. Padron 1964 anniversary, much cheaper than the other and very good, maybe around $15 bucks. Never had a bad Padron. Better than some Cubans.

Midfield General repped this.
  18. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Some Cubans, left to right.

Partagas Serie D #4 Especial. Were a limited release and at one time were my favorites. Can't get them anymore from my place. Still have some. Weren't priced too high. Serie E #2. Only picked up five to try, smoked one and really liked it. A little more expensive than the Especial, but worth it, very good, need more in the future. D #4, my first Cuban, really good and cheap. Can't beat it. Bolivar Belicoso, pretty cheap, very good, another one you can't beat. Bolivar Simone, Canadian Release. Limited release, first Bolivar I ever had. Was very good, twice the price of the Belicoso, not sure if it was twice as good, but it is very good. Can't get them anymore, but I have some left. Montecristo Sublime, limited release and gone. Split a box of ten with my buddy cause they were pricey, but worth it. I have two left. Plan on betting him on CL final to win some of his that he still has. Have to see the match up. Not big on Monte's, but these were worth the higher price. Trinidad Robusto T, decent price. Didn't like them at first, but like them now that they have sat for awhile.

The 1966's up top were #2 for 2012. Need to finally smoke one. They have been sitting for awhile now. Just need the right day.

19. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have smoked every cigar in that picture more than I care to remember. The Mi Amor Reserva is one of my current favorites. I also quite like the San Cristobol by Ashton. Worth noting that both the Mi Amor and San Cristobol are blended by Don Pepin Garcia. The guy is a master.

What do you like to drink with your cigars?

Any of the La Privada (not sure I'm spelling that correctly) by Drew Estate is very good.

Also like the Illusione line.

The new La Flor Domincana 5 is spectacular as well IMO. Though I have found that brand is not for everyone.

20. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Admittedly I'm not a big Cuban guy. I've had them, some I've liked, some were complete dog rockets. If they were more readily available I'm sure I could count on some of them being among my very favorites but what can I say? I'm lazy and I get enough good smokes for my taste just on what's offered through the legal, boutique stuff coming out. Living in Tampa, Florida I have no shortage of top notch cigar shops/festivals/shows to choose from. I'm lucky in that sense.

One of my pet peeves is non-cigar smoking people I know insisting on buying me "Cubans" when they go on a cruise or out of the country. I mean the thought is nice but I know these people are getting sold counterfeits. I wish they would just save their money.

21. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I usually drink wine, port, or craft beers. I haven't been buying or smoking much since I got out of the hospital in January, but with the nice weather coming that will change. The doctors said a cigar or two a week, like I usually do won't cause a problem, but two doctors I see in Philly suggested I stop. All depends on the doctor, but I'm not going to be miserable.

22. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear you. Be smart and stay healthy.

I usually smoke 1 or 2 on the weekends. No issues thus far. I'm 38 and have been smoking them for about 15 years.

I used to chew. That IMO seems way worse for you than cigars. I'm probably just kidding myself though.

23. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup, when I go away, I usually bring a box of my own. I don't trust many places. I trust a couple online places. Haven't had any bad experiences. I see some people post pics on Facebook once in awhile, who don't know anything about cigars, thinking they have something legit, but you can tell it's not by the bands, limited editions that didn't come out a certain year, and so on. I stumbled upon the Davidoff shop in London last year. Place is pricey, but it has pretty much anything you could ever imagine. If you ever go out there, you have to stop by to check it out. Hopefully this embargo bs ends soon. I want to get down there. No reason for it anymore.

24. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding. Beyond ridiculous. I've always imagined Cuba turning into a Caribbean Las Vegas once American investment and money could get in there. I would hope to go there before that ever happens but I would also be OK with it for my own selfish reasons. Tampa to Cuba would be very short flight.

25. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I only started smoking maybe 3-4 years ago, but usually about 1-2 a week. If I'm on vacation, I smoke more. Never smoked cigarettes, can't stand them. They can't find anything wrong with me, I'm 29. All tests come back fine. Never got into chew. A lot of people at work do it. I just don't see the point. I rather sit and relax for an hour or two with a cigar.