THE GOAL: Seattle Sounders MLS kit!

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by GOALSeattle, Mar 27, 2008.

1. BROSUF

BROSUF Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS Seattle...? shhhh ...Go with this one..

2. MLSinSeattle

MLSinSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    I like the space needle in the back of the crest like that

3. MLSinSeattle

MLSinSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    I agree...we are taking the name hopefully...dont bring ALL of the history with it. Leave the stars off...lets earn our own at this level...

4. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    Above the crest, you are correct. But, if they're incorporated into the design OF the crest, then it's just an homage to the brands history. I will give an example: In the WHL, this season, there is an expansion team, the Edmonton OilKings. This is the second team to call themselves the OilKings. The original, which actually predated the founding of the WHL (in 1966), won 9 Memorial Cups, before moving to Portland (in '76), where they have won two more. The logo of the NEW OilKings is almost exactly the same as the original, except that on the top of the crown (see below), on either side of the centerpiece, there are nine pearls, to honor the nine cups won by the PRIOR franchise. This new franchise, other than playing in the same city, has absolutely NO connection to the original, unlike Seattle MLS, which has owner/GM, players, FO staff, and coach(es) (most likely) in common. Now, you tell me, which team has more right to celebrate past titles; Edmonton, or Seattle?

Original on above, new on below
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, nice, but, I think I would lose Chief Sealth, just too small to have that much detail. Embroidered on a uniform it will just look like a blob.

6. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    True - Omaaar, the crest looks great, but maybe you could delete the foliage and just go with the inner circle containing the Chief - and enlarge it.

7. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this one needs a bit of refining but all in all very good.. Send it in to the FO. :)

8. southsound

southsound New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    North End sec 148
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I agree with Greg on this one. It looks great. Refine it and send it to the owners.

9. Omar

Omar Hurrrrr....

Nov 23, 2007
    Monterrey MEX
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    kk.... :p

[​IMG]

10. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks fantastic. thanks!

11. steveoleve

steveoleve Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Quincy, WA
    I think the Needle would look better with a round shield....A larger Chief in the middle, with Seattle above and Sounders below.

12. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's awesome! Love the jersey! Replace the stars with the Chief Sealth thing and remove it from the top and we gots ourselves a logo!

13. Kevy Metal

Kevy Metal New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to sound like a politically correct wet blanket, and as much as I like having his likeness on the crest, the blessing of the Duwamish and Suquamish would be appropriate.

Don't you think?

14. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it's not like it depicts that Cleveland Indian guy riding an Orca sidesaddle with a tomahawk, some cigarettes and firecrackers. Now that would be offensive. Of course you are right..... but it is on the City seal as is.

15. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would rock and I would buy that jersey. The only thing missing is the gambling element, perhaps leaping out of a wave of cards.

In seriousness, been watching the drama and regardless of the result looking forward to Seattle joining the league, even wrote in Sounders.

16. NeoGeek

NeoGeek New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    I like the vertical stripes but the color choice seems a bit garish when used in a striped pattern.

I hope they don't use Sammy the killer whale hitting the soccer ball with his nose. I have that on my sweatshirt and I always thought it was kind of minor league. I don't think I'd like the Space Needle on it either. I'd prefer something with more substance/permanence, like Mount St. Helens

17. SideshowBob

SideshowBob Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Isn't Mount Saint Helens considerably closer to Portland than Seattle? Would be an odd choice if Portland is eventually granted a team.

18. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    Mt. St. Helens, permanent? You're joking, right? You DO remember what happened in '80? And, IF you were going to put a mountain on the crest, there is only one choice; THE mountain, as us locals refer to it, Rainier! Or, as our native residents called it, Tahoma.
    And bob is right, St, Helens is just across the river from portscum.

19. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're Sounders not Mountaineers.

20. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt he was even born yet.

21. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Some nautical theme would be more appropriate.

Just not an orca.

22. milesfoxx2005

milesfoxx2005 Member

Nov 8, 2006
    The Netherzone!!!!!
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    How about a halibut? :p

23. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Putting aside my disgust on how the name unveiling is being handled, (on many levels); putting aside my general rage from having moved to a new home this weekend, pushing furniture and large screen televisions up ramps in blizzard/monsoon conditions...I'll try and calm myself and just comment on the fine work at hand in this thread.

My comments are this:

I'd rather see more contrast in the striping. I'd like green and white stripes, with a blue trim/piping; or blue and white stripes with a green trim/piping. Having blue and green together like this, produces something that resembles pajamas more than a soccer shirt.

Having said that, I am hoping for stripes, vertical stripes in particular make fat people like me look thinner. Horizonal stripes however would be death.

I like the crest, it is sleek, modern and makes good use of lines and color. The lack of contrast in the stripes on the crest do not bother me as much as they do on the actual jersey.

I'd *loathe* a crest that used a soccer ball. I hate logos that are so insecure they have to put some kind of icon on there to tell you what sport they are associated with. Hockey logos with pucks and sticks, baseball logos with bat and ball and soccer logos with old-fashioned soccer ball designs on them, suck. They look minor league and terrible.

Also kill the freakin Orca as a logo/mascot. There's one tradition that deserves a harpoon immediately.

Very nice work indeed, my kudos to the designer who offered this up for comment.

25. coys26

coys26 Member

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Poor Sammy :( *sniff*