THE GOAL: Seattle Sounders MLS kit!

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by GOALSeattle, Mar 27, 2008.

1. MLSinSeattle

MLSinSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    i see the stripes as more of a 3rd kit as well. I like the ones from that one guy in that link.

2. mabersold

mabersold Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Seattle
    I'm not so sure about the colors, I think I would prefer green and white vertical stripes over green and blue.

3. SideshowBob

SideshowBob Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm torn on that -- I think green and white look better, but there is already so much white in the league that a multi colored jersey would be refreshing. I think that a green and black strip (similar to what Colorado had at one point) would probably look good and be different, though I can understand why they wouldn't go that way (and with San Jose's new look, there's already plenty of black). The green/blue isn't bad and I'd like to see it.

I'm not a fan of jerseys with different colored sleeves from the body (as was the case for those early mock-up/suggestions from Luminous Creative). That look is very awkward to me.

4. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    I agree, leave the stripes for an alternate kit. the best style I've seen was by one of the posters, here, on BS, 4 Philly MLS. Combine that crest, on the first page, with this kit, and those would be tight.
    [​IMG]

5. MLSinSeattle

MLSinSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    ah not crazy about those boeiing ones

6. steveoleve

steveoleve Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Quincy, WA
  7. BROSUF

BROSUF Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOPE!

After looking it over for a second time I have to agree the crest has some great elements. Especially the "74". Maybe,... just bigger

8. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    I said I liked these kits, not the crest. The crest that GS posted is excellent. I think a silhouette, in the background, of the space needle would be cool.

9. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man i think this is stinkin' awesome, talk about unique, especially in MLS. call me wierd I guess, judging by this thread. oh well not the first time.

10. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the jersey hopefully what we end up with is markedly better because if it isn't it would be damn shame that Joel's company was passed over. That being said I would love to see a collar on this, I think it just looks so much better, and I am not sold on the crest. The crest itself is stunning, it is simple and yet conveys exactly who we are. My major problem with the crest is that the jersey striping was carried into the crest itself. I think this makes the crest look far to busy. I would also agree that the stars should be omitted.

11. dayvi

dayvi New Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Sammamish, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'm fine with many of the league's "logos", and I consider them proper crests. Obviously, they are meant to show up more clearly on TV than typical euro crests, but they aren't mere logos IMHO.

As long as the Sounders follow in the "tradition" of Chivas, DC, TFC, FCD, or Colorado -- it will be suitably "cresty" enough for my tastes.

12. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Kinda like that?!

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

I'd like it. Got much love for Native American designs! However I'd hope that they'd somehow incorporate it in a more traditional soccer crest.

13. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yah...... kinda like that. Not so much the Vancouver Canuck thing though. Perhaps it could be used in a background silhouette somehow.

14. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

Gotta agree - stars from a lower division/league are silly.
    I know you want the history, but also want to show that you're top flight and moving forward.

Look at Man City - they've won the English top division (regardless of the name) 3 times and have three stars. They've also won the Second Division a record 7 times. You'll see now stars for those "championships."

You want to look like a top flight team - not a USL team that they are letting play in MLS.

15. happyjoe

happyjoe New Member

Nov 9, 2007
    add some white shorts and green socks...

I dig it.

16. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Lose the stars and add the space needle, the orca from the sounders logo, or some other orca.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. -gd-

-gd- New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    I think it is very well done. The primary green/blue will stand out well on the field (a darker green might look nice but it would get washed out on the field). Its very simple (no collar), and has a nice width on the stripes.

The crest I dig as well, but lose the stars. I like the idea of the historical nod, but when we win MLS Cup do we add a 5th? It will be comparing apples to oranges if you do. The Sealth logo is great, but maybe that should be a little bigger (in the place where the stars are located), that way the top of the crest is doesn't have the circular pattern.

Any word on whether the front of the shirt will be blank? Or will there be "Seattle Sounders" written across the front? Most MLS teams without a sponsor just have the team name across the front of the shirt. Keep it simple (leave the name off).

And maybe a bit off topic, but has the Seattle brass ever mentioned meeting with potential sponsors? I think the REI logo would look sweet on the front of this shirt!

18. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SportBilly's modification with the space needle is the better of the three. Not too crazy about putting orcas on there... too cartoonish.

XBox 360 would be the best shirt sponsor if they can work a deal.

19. MLSinSeattle

MLSinSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Yeah i space needle one the best out of those. I like the small cheif sealth...subtle but has meaning. no need to make it too big.

20. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the USL stars should be so prominent like that, but it is a good idea. How about taking the old NASL ball from the old Sounders logo, reducing it in size, and removing the stars so that the blue panels are solid blue. Then put 4 stars in 4 of the 5 white panels. The remaining panel can be used for something else, or left blank. Then this little ball could be placed on the badge somewhere. That way we could do a subtle nod to both NASL and USL in one fell swoop without being too obvious about it.

I'm still stuck on the idea of a variation of the Barca badge. Not copying it, but using it as a template. Warp the shape of it a little, etc. Maybe the old NASL ball could go where the current ball is (on the Barca badge).

- Paul

21. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a nod to NASL?

dear lord, when will that ********ing horse die.

22. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No orcas please, now or ever. I really dislike that stuff.

23. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is that ball exploding? :eek:

just kidding ... i know it's a placeholder to help you get your point across. :p

24. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trouble at the aquarium Keith??????????

25. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    If you really want the stars, just drop them in by the words - don't have them stand out to the extent they become an element of the crest.

[​IMG]