The general Dutch transfer rumours thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Dec 20, 2015.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Hertha Berlin have confirmed the signing of Chelsea's Dutch striker Daishawn Redan. He will join another EPL-exodus Javairo Dilrosun (previously at Man City). Glad that both youngsters get a chance for a reset, and I hope they're killing it in Bundesliga and make City/Chelsea looked like a fool. :speechless:

Oranje98 repped this.
  2. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    The good talents go to Dortmund, the bad to lower clubs?

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I guess Familia-Castillo and Chong cannot be far behind.

Oranje98 and wilson00 repped this.
  4. What do we have now as CD's or defenders anyway?
    Hoever, van de Berg, van Dijk at Liverpool.
    Sandler as understudy with Anderlecht/Kompany.
    Schuurs, Pierie at Ajax
    de Ligt at Juve.
    That Sparta guy in Germany
    Who can be added?

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #155 wilson00, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    van Drongelen - Hamburg. I think he is the next real deal and jus needs to make a big now.it will be also interesting how things will change in the u21s or who will get the nod. obispo also is at Vitesse on loan from PSV.

Oranje98 repped this.
  6. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    De Vrij and Ake. Two centerbacks who would have easily been starters for the last generation.

Oranje98 repped this.
  7. Well, we've got our ten for the team:D
    Can they score goals?:cautious:

8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Yes. Set pieces and long-balls to the box... Peter Crouch in his Stoke City (?) days was quite successful in this :p

Justin Hoogma hasn't quite settled and taken off yet in Germany, but he's still 21 and competing okay for a spot in Netherlands U21 (though I like Van Drongelen better - I think he has a good future).

Another Bundesliga-bound is Melayro Bogarde (Dutch u17), nephew of former Dutch international Winston. Pep Guardiola is reportedly monitoring him.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  10. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    AZ (former) captain and one time capped Netherlands NT Guus Til to Spartak Moscow. €18 million.

11. Not even Orange player and he fetches more than Vilhena.
    Feyenoord management couldnot get a better message it isnot money that matters, but how the club is being runned.

12. St Juste on the verge of moving to Mainz.

13. The stupidity of what some sites write is baffling.
    This is about the van de Beek transfer saga.
    This site (https://sportnieuws.nl/voetbal/tran...-aan-real-madrid-en-beek-om-transfer-stellen/) writes:
    ‘Ajax vraagt aan Real Madrid en Van de Beek om transfer uit te stellen’
    10 augustus 2019

"Ajax asks RM and vdBeek to postpone the transfer"
    Quoting a Spanish source, Mundo Deportivo, Ajax doesnot want to lose another important player.

Okay, imbecils. For the record, it's not up to RM or even DvdBeek, if a transfer takes place or not. That's up to Marc Overmars. He has in his safe a contract with the signature of Donny. So if and when Overmars doesnot want to lose a carrying player, he doesnot ask, but tells the other parties involved no deals are going to be made. This kind of stupidity is proof of what these people write is completely sucked out of their thumbs, selling fake stories.
    These shit sites are full of this kind of crap.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^ Quite right. The only thing the player can do is go to arbitration but that's not an overnight process. I'm pretty sure that Overmars and van de Beek have discussed the issue and neither one is talking right now. It may be that as with Neres and Ziyech, van de Beek extends his contract by one year with a raise in salary and perhaps a transfer clause.

15. In the RM thread I wrote about that after a post of Oscar about that possibility.
    Chances arenot great to win it as a player. De Boer brothers tried it to get to Barcelona and Suarez to get from Groningen to Ajax, but they failed. The bar to get over it is pretty high.
    On top of that if the committee decides in favour of the player it still can backfire as then they decide on the transfer fee. They make that decision based on likewise players moving to RM and likewise clubs and what they were paying for them. That could well end in a number far above what RM wants to pay/has offered.

Orange14 repped this.
  16. IconoclasticFury

Netherlands
    Nov 12, 2017
    #167 IconoclasticFury, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019

What a bullshit. The guy never played for any national youth side, and now he has the choice of either playing for MVV, being a sub at Groningen or Heracles or take up the adventure and play for ********ing FC Barcelona, wearing the blaugrana, seeing Messi in training from close by, and not having to play on a cold November evening in front of 35 spectators, freezing his balls off. Only boring people would prefer the Dutch route in his case.

17. Mmm, I see from your joining date you missed our long standing aversion against these kind of transfers as they almost never result in a player we can use in the Orange team. I guess you're someone that is easily excited by nothing, but we in here have more experience with this kind of stuff and see it for what it is. It's called realism, brought on by the dozens of highly talented kids that went down the drain after such a thrilling experience with .....Are you really that daft to believe he's going to be within 500 meters of Messi in training?

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I edited @feyenoordsoccerfan post as I absolute will not tolerate the language that he used at the end of the post. This is fair warning to all on this forum. Any inappropriate language will be deleted and if the action continues, a YC will be issued. Keep it clean!

19. IconoclasticFury

Netherlands
    Nov 12, 2017
    #170 IconoclasticFury, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    I posted in a provocative manner so I would get a reaction (didn't read the unsensored version of feijenoordsoccerfan's reply but in any case, no offence taken). Actually, despite hardly ever contributing to discussions due to my relative lack of proper English writing skills, I read a lot on this forum and am well aware of the aversion on this board towards these kind of transfers but I think that I am the realist and that you (@feyenoordsoccerfan) have unrealistic expectations. Reality is, very few youth players of that Mbuyamba guy's level make it as a pro. This guy will most likely struggle to get decent pro contracts for his entire football life, no matter the path chosen. He is definately not NT material and will never be. The guy somehow caught the eye of a Barcelona B scout (or he has an agent with great connections) so he gets a chance of playing and living the good life in Barcelona for a couple of years and maybe after that he can find a club in Segunda division or somewhere in Portugal or return to the KKD.

Somehow, on this board a big club offer for a youth player is seen as a marshmellow-test and the players that take a bite prematurely are stupid. While in reality, from an individual player's perspective, for most players signing such a contract is the rational thing to do. If Naci Unuvar at this stage pf his carreer would sign a contract with Man City, that would be a waste of his talent but for most youth players, it's a struggle to make it as a pro. Mbuyamba is not a great talent, there are dozens of him that didn't make it pro. Why wouldn't he take the fun route over a uncertain future, maybe playing for IJsselmeervogels by the age of 20 after 3 years as a bench warmer at Heracles, thinking "I could have" for the rest of his life?

20. Well,I dunno about his qualities, that's more the terrain of the posters that regularly watch young talents. He's not in the U18 Orange team, but that's not a big surprise looking at who play there in his position.
    However, you think he lacks the quality to play at a top level in the future. Well, I can understand your position from that pov.

21. IconoclasticFury

Netherlands
    Nov 12, 2017
    Judging from his resume I would assume that he will stuggle no matter what. I have known guys like him who were on the radar of big clubs but ended up playing eerstedivisie or not making it to pro level at all. This guy never played for a Dutch national side, plays for MVV and is not known as a top talent (although transfermarkt rates him at 500.000). But don't underestimate how hard it is to make it as a pro, and how much luck is involved when you're no De Ligt or Joao Felix. Sometimes a guy slightly better plays at your position at U19 so you are forced to play another position which is not your thing and you fade into total oblivion within a year.

Some people even think Ake and Van Aanholt would have been better off staying in the Netherlands while they have great carreers, likely better than they would have had staying at Feijenoord and PSV.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It has been players from Feyenoord and Ajax academies that have left way too early. I don't think PSV have had the same outflow of youth but I don't follow them as much. Some of them have done it for financial reasons and some probably thought that they could break into the first team at Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool, or Man City but other than a handful of appearances none of them has stayed with the team. Some like Malen come back home but were the three years he spent at Arsenal worth anything? Could he have broken into the Ajax first team? I think he is better than Kluivert and would have been a preferred starter.

Players also transfer up in the Eredivisie like Frenkie de Jong as they will play at a higher level. Had he stayed at Willem II instead of moving to Ajax, he likely would not be at Barca today. This cuts both ways and perhaps Perie made the wrong choice in coming to Amsterdam instead of staying at Heerenveen. It's all pretty complicated.

23. IconoclasticFury

Netherlands
    Nov 12, 2017
    Some players might have left too soon but it's hard to tell which ones. Netherlands didn't produce anything great in the last 20 years and there were already alarming voices 10 years ago, even within the KNVB, reporting that the Dutch youth system was falling behind compared to the rest of Western Europe. Maybe Özyakup, Malen and Redan would have fared better in the Netherlands and maybe there were some others, but not a lot and certainly not as many as people on this board seem to think, especially when you compare them to the control group. In my view, the players who left to early were the ones that tried to make to big of a leap by going to a big club as a senior having to deliver right away (Assaidi, Bakkali, Castaignos, Drenthe).

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    20 years is a long time and Robben, van Persie, van der Vaart, & Snjeider, were teenagers back then. Huntelaar was a solid player and Afellay was felled by a serious knee injury.