The general Dutch transfer rumours thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Dec 20, 2015.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Now that Luuk gone, Bergwijn has an interesting challenge at PSV to be the main the focal point of attack. He is probably better staying put, for at least another season. Bergwijn to Ajax would be a close second option... he would get the CL experience while presumably be competitive enough to get a spot in the lineup. Moving to Bayern (or abroad elsewhere) and fighting for playing times could be very risky for his development. And with Euro 2020 looming, he really needs to stay sharp if he has Oranje NT ambition.

2. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How do you rate Vlap guys?

3. NAC has chosen another MO. No loanies from ManCity.
    Sign English talents that are fed up with not getting chances in the epl.
    Joshua Bohui refused to sign a contract with Manchester United and almost certainly joins NAC on a free transfer. Yet another English kid choosing to jump the Channel.

Orange14 repped this.
  4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this wil be break. Out season for malen.

Oranje98 repped this.
  5. Bologna has bought central defender Denswil from FC Brugge. He will join Ferdi Schouten, recently bought from Excelsior and Mitchel Dijks.

6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Rumors say that Ajax is sticking to 75m Euro straight selling price for De Ligt, and Juve is short a few millions (and offering bunch of incentives instead). Good to hear Ajax standing firmly and not to be bullied! :sneaky:

Oranje98 repped this.
  7. Article about the de Ligt transfer, mapping out the why and how of what's going on.

Five questions about the de Ligt Transfer: Why isnot Ajax asking for the jackpot prize?
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...arom-vraagt-ajax-niet-de-hoofdprijs~aa084c82/
    Vijf vragen over Matthijs de Ligt-transfer: Waarom vraagt Ajax niet de hoofdprijs?

De vraag is niet óf, maar wanneer Matthijs de Ligt de overstap van Ajax naar Juventus gaat maken. Toch duurt de transfer van de negentienjarige aanvoerder langer dan verwacht. Wat maakt deze deal steeds meer tot een soap? Vijf vragen aan onze Ajax clubwatcher Freek Jansen.

Freek Jansen 10-07-19, 15:15 Laatste update: 20:40

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dutch clubs should do what Spanish and Portuguese clubs do and put release clauses in contracts that have to be met. They always seem to get more money for transfers than the Dutch teams do.

Oranje98 and wilson00 repped this.
  9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Richiedly Bazoer to Vitesse from Wolfsburg (don't know if it's a sale or loan). He's still only 22 years old and maybe he can move out of being a candidate for the Freddy Adu award. I remember when he was at Ajax there was "talk" of a big €s move to Barca. I always laughed at that and in my game reviews called him the six million euro man.

10. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ring-sensation-Mipo-Odubeko-new-contract.html
    Manchester United have lost teenage goalscoring sensation Mipo Odubeko after the youngster turned down a new contract.

The 16-year-old scored 35 goals for United's academy last season and was viewed as one of the club's hottest prospects.

But the Republic of Ireland Under-17 international's contract expired at the end of June and he has now rejected the offer of an extension - believing his development is better served away from United.
    He has now left the club, sparking a frantic scramble for his signature.

Odubeko's decision to leave has alerted clubs across the continent.

Feyenoord, Bayern Munich and Genoa are ready to move in the race to land Odubeko - with the growing likelihood that the teenager will move abroad.

Newcastle and Burnley are among the sides in England to have a concrete interest in the youngster.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe he should move to AZ and partner with Stengs???

12. My point is that I'm not so fond of foreigners taking development spots that could be filled by a Dutch talent. Many years ago I criticised Ajax for having so many foreigners in the academy, I called them the prime Danish national team developer. So I'm not going to turn a blind eye to a practice I donot like and condemned at Ajax. So obviously I donot think it's a good idea for AZ either.

Oranje98 repped this.
  13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Van Dijk will no longer be the most expensive defender in the world, as Man Utd is reportedly set to break the bank on Harry Maguire for $100m. That amount is just absurd, as Van Dijk is clearly a much better player, hands down. That proves once again how the English defenders premium work (Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Phil Jones, Kyle Walker, etc.) Also Wan-Bissaka (who?!??) just switched to Manchester United for a crazy amount of money. This Maguire transfer makes De Ligt looks like a ridiculously awesome bargain, if it will ever go through... still waiting :whistling::p

15. It's the aftermath of the new homegrown rule for the epl.

Orange14 repped this.
  16. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, I don't really care about the most expensive. Big Virgil is still the best in the world .. with the extremely close second being de Ligt :p:D.

17. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't know if de Ligt is at that level yet; he's still prone to some big mistakes. It'll be interesting to see him consistently in a top league.

However, I already have kind of a disdain for de Ligt for the whole way his transfer has gone down. I also question any player that chooses to have Raiola represent them.

For me there is a considerable gap between van Dijk and de Ligt at this point, and you can see it even when they play for the NT.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Raiola gets top money for his clients which in the end may be all that matters. van Dijk was not nearly as good as de Ligt when he was at Groningen and remember he is eight years older than de Ligt. Maybe de Ligt doesn't live up to his promise; only time will tell.

19. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is what really matters. I read few days ago that Marcello Lippi said that de ligt is superior to Maldini, Nesta & Cannavaro when they were at his age. If he can keep up his ascending development pattern he will definitely be one of the greatest. He has all what it takes regarding mental and physical abilities. He also has the chance to pair with some great defenders in VVD and now Chiellini & Bonucci. Let's hope he fulfills his potential.

20. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I have no doubt that de Ligt has the potential be one of the best, but right now he's not. There are still a few I would take over him for sure, van Dijk being top of the list of course. He is, without a doubt in my mind, the best defender in the world by a fair margin.

Also keep in mind development isn't linear. It doesn't matter how good they are at what age because there's still a ceiling for how good a player can be; reaching that plateau early on doesn't mean they're going to keep improving indefinitely (I'm not saying this is the case for de Ligt, but it's happened many times to many players where they get to a certain level at an early age and barely improve after).

Oranje98 repped this.
  21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Which is why we have the Freddy Adu trophy to hand out. this is one award de Ligt will not contest for.

Oranje98 repped this.
  22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Philippe Sandler has officially joined Anderlecht on loan from Manchester City. The Dutch center-back chooses number 34 in Belgium as a tribute to his friend Abdelhak Nouri.

Good that he will be coached by a player-manager Kompany, who is one the best in the business of defending.

Looks like the Netherlands is on track to sport a 10-man CB's formation in World Cup 2026! :whistling::p

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This will give new meaning to the term 'catenaccio.'

24. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member