Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. Just YouTube compilations.

taylor and TarHeels17 repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    They play him on Fifa. That allows head to head comps with any player out there. Very effective.

taylor, MtnGardener and TarHeels17 repped this.
  3. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You kid, but I was a massive fan of Griezmann and Perisic before they popped off and got famous solely because of their FIFA cards. Used to be my go-to cheap beasts.

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I don't doubt at some point computer modeling of players will become good enough that someone will try to use them to project "fit" of a potential group of players.

russ repped this.
  5. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can someone explain to me why CP has not been playing over Brunn Larsen?
    Separate from attitude and finishing up a contract etc. for the life of me I cannot figure out why Favre plays him on the right ... all his great games last year were predominantly on the left ...

6. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I can’t even begin to express how bad this move will likely turn out if it’s Chelski. There goes 2019 for me. And to think that Atleti wanted him? CP needs another management change.

Winoman, taylor, Midas Mulligan and 2 others repped this.
  7. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah you’re right, “top 4” is wrong. But he’s performing, he’s up there. And the original post did say ”one of the top”... but yeah, he’s not that high though.

8. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. He really isn’t. Great young talent, nowhere near this level right now.

frankburgers repped this.
  9. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He aint going to chelsea. No way.

10. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Member+

Jun 23, 2002
    Pulisic started BVB’s prior game because of injury concerns for Sancho, but with Sancho back now, he made little more than a cameo. And BVB is at the top of the league with Sancho starting.

Yes, at this point, CP’a substitute, a bench player.

ttrevett repped this.
  11. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Member+

Jun 23, 2002
    #21336 shnaggletooth, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Chelsea would be a career killer for him. Same with Liverpool. He’d probably get a better chance for a starting role right now at United, of all places, but I dom’t think they’re considering him.

Too bad there’s no talk about a move to Arsenal, an improving club with at least two midfielders on the way out.

Excellency repped this.
  12. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    They can't make him sign a new contact though, he has 18 months left on his and hasn't taken up their offer to sign a new one.

They'll end up signing some mediocre English players if they have to. They've been strongly linked with a move for Callum Wilson recently which would make sense, all things considered.

13. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Guardian today is saying Chelsea. I think the lesson might be huh? But as their rumors column is played as much for laughs as info, and is a wrap up of others sort of thing, doesn't mean much.

14. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Atleti play some butt-ugli soccer

15. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see how Liverpool would be a bad fit for him. Team's play style and personnel line up extremely well with his skill set. Everyone acts like Mane and Salah will be there forever, but so much happens with fixture congestion, injuries, and transfers that there will always be opportunities for quality players. Look at the impact Shaqiri has had this year as a third wheel.

As an Arsenal fan, it would be cool to see him in London, but from his perspective I would think Liverpool would be a pretty attractive option as well.

16. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree with your post except for the bolded part. BVB has one of the biggest stadiums in all of Europe, and regularly makes the CL knockout stages. BVB is not some little Podunk club playing in some Euro bsckwater. Their "stage" is just as big as 'Pool.

WrmBrnr repped this.
  17. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo ain't a winger.

Sancho is, right now, obviously IMHO playing at a level that puts him squarely in that conversation. He's keeping CP out of the lineup, and doing it without even CP's biggest fans (us) grousing about it being unfair.

18. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi, Ronaldo, Coutinho, Mbappe: not wingers. I'll give you Neymar, but I can't stand to watch him play. I forgot about Bale, but in my defense, other than in sub roles, so did Zidane.

19. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree with you. There's no doubt there's a gaping winger shaped hole at Liverpool, right at this instant. Right now, for Mane to get any rest requires playing Keita in that role, which is kind of a square peg situation, and/or rejiggering the entire shape and having Firmino play wide.

So at worst, at this exact moment, he would get substantial minutes at LW.

I know I'll get flack for this, but I've seen practically every minute both Mane and Pulisic have played for the last couple of years, and I think Pulisic could turn out to be the better player in the next 2-3 years.

Vorian Atreides repped this.
  20. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BVB was at the top of the league before Sancho was starting. CP has only made short cameos the last couple of games as we are now extremely close to the winter break. His minutes were cut drastically at the same time as this rumor of there being a deal in place. If CP signs an extension, he’s back in the lineup on Saturday.

wsmaugham and adi21 repped this.
  21. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bernatov, uhhmm, whoops. 15 seconds up

22. theboogeyman

theboogeyman Member+

Jun 21, 2010
    I dont want to derail the thread, but I have to stand by my statement. Liverpool is both a bigger club historically, and is primed for greater success domestically and in europe over the next few years. Also, the EPL simply gets way more attention internationally, and the top clubs have more global stars. Go to Asia, or the Americas, and you'll find a lot more epl followers than Bundesliga followers. People complain often itt about how poorly the Bundesliga is covered in the us.

That's not at all meant to disparage bvb or the Bundesliga. Dortmund has very good history and great support, and seems to have rebounded well from the turmoil of the last year or so. But they dont have the international draw, dont have the spending or star power that the big English clubs have.

23. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems pretty clear to me, especially after starting Guerrero on the left Saturday, that Favre wants a more traditional two-way winger on that (or should I type ‘one’) side for more defensive balance. Hard to argue with results so far.

Vorian Atreides repped this.
  24. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    lol

25. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    I guarantee Pulisic is going to London in the New Year.

To play Spurs.

Unless he goes to a Premiership squad sooner, especially if that squad is Chelsea.

MtnGardener repped this.