Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    and spend less time looking down at the ball at his feet.

frankburgers repped this.
  2. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  3. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That would be a dreadful move for any youngster who hasn't quite made it yet.

frankburgers repped this.
  4. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this isn't (or wouldnt be) a Miazga situation.

If Chelsea buys CP it will require significant coin and they will expect him to contribute ASAP - ain't splashing that kinda money to send him out on loan or ride the bench.

Gacm32 repped this.
  5. Vorian Atreides

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Sep 23, 2018
    :):):)Based on what I've seen, he will play out the season and then talk to Dortmund to determine the direction he will take.:):):)

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    In Chelski he could replace Willian on the left, because he's not really producing. It'd be interesting.

I'd still prefer if he stayed with Dortmund for good. He could become one of their heroes. Maybe.

zanderbz repped this.
  7. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get annoyed seeing him shoehorned as a RWer. Victim of his own success.

His 3rd best position in my mind. Much rather have seen his last 2K mins spent developing at LW or ACM.

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  8. fusion1011

fusion1011 New Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Obviously would have loved to have seen Pulisic play against BM but this could be a good thing for him long term. If he is going to transfer to a bigger club the need to win and maintain a starting start against great players going to be more fierce.

I think Christian has a good shot of getting more time as JBL has been 'average' lately. The best part is that Christian, JBL, and Sancho are all very talented young players and this team beat BM.

9. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What's the fascination with him moving to a bigger club? Dortmund are massive.

Vorian Atreides repped this.
  10. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WrmBrnr, uniteo and striker repped this.
  12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I think the whole Pulisic contract thing really hurt him. I wish he would have committed to them long ago. He got so much so soon with the US and then started making comments about wanting to play in the EPL and he was not yet even 20 at the time.

I really feel that in time Weah and McKinnie will be important of a player than Pulisic unless Pulisic really develops as winger. In my eyes Antonee Robinson's development could be more important as he holds down the hardest position we ever seem to fill at LB....

I love Pulisic but I just wish that he would commit to Dortmund for a few more years and continue his development there.

13. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    By the way, if Pulisic scores during this break, he moves up to top 25 all time in just two years. That is no small feat but he still has so much room to grow and I hope it continues. He is the great hope that we need to be as a poster boy and get more people involved here. There are so many athletes in this great country that there is no reason we cant be special.

14. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    one thing about the EPL rumors: how is CP going to qualify for a work permit????

Or is his croatian heritage covering that?

15. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    His Croatian passport covers it just like it did for his move to Europe before the age of 18. So he's good for now. After Brexit there will most likely be some agreement of movement of people between EU and Britain, so should still be good. But even if he didn't have an EU passport, or free movement isn't possible or it's more difficult, he'd certainly get a work permit based on his body of work to date.

16. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I thought there was some tie to if a player played x# of games for his national team he could get a work permit.

17. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    It used to be a candidate (i.e. non-EEA citizen) had to play in 75% of senior international games in the prior two years to qualify for an English work permit. There was an appeal process if that didn't qualify them. Now there's a new system that takes into account the ranking of the national teams. It remains to be seen post-Brexit what the requirements will be for EEA citizens, but I don't think Pulisic will have any problem with a work permit if he needs one.

18. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    Additionally I think the transfer fee and proposed wage matters as well. If Pulisic moves to England he will qualify for a WP no problem, barring a MASSIVE drop in value.

19. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Avoiding that is one of the primary reasons people voted to leave. That said, given how many senior international caps he has and the level he's played at he'd probably have no problem getting a work permit.

20. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Willian plays on the right, Hazard plays on the left.

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    When I've watched, Hazard wasn't even playing. I don't know if he's back from injury, but then Willian was on the left doing too-little and Pedro on the right.

22. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I believe they will prioritize highly skilled workers, but there will not be free movement and visas will be required. And yeah, no problem for Pulisic IMO.

23. munichfan9

munichfan9 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 7, 2005
    Burke, Virginia
    I don't think you should speculate on who he would replace at Chelsea until you have watched more than a couple of games when their best player was out with a short term injury?

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Usually I follow the EPL since it's easy to do here in Canada, but I've missed November because I've been more focused on our Yanks in second divisions (2.BuLi mainly) of late. In the EPL we only got three, one who doesn't play, one who won't be playing, and Yedlin, who is often hard to watch.

25. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This!

16/17
    5 goals 13 assists
    17/18
    5 goals 7 assists
    18/19 *current season
    3 goals 4 assists
    This is good production for his age but to move to a bigger club you would hope to see his production make a bump.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.