Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Looked very good in the middle at the end there

largegarlic repped this.
  2. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    #19527 60611, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    What an incredible pass! Oh wait, it wasn’t Sancho? Pretty simple pass, eh?

In all seriousness, that assist (and most of Sancho’s this season) are why numbers arent the end all, be all. Even still, CP has 2 goals in 447 minutes, and both goals were crucial, points-earners, in games Dortmund would otherwise have been shut out. Sancho has 2 goals in 504 minutes in games Dortmund won by an aggregate of 11-0. Sancho definitely has him statistically on assists, but I submit that if CP gets some time with Alcacer, his assists totals will magically take off. The defensive shift each puts in, or general play that doesn’t get reflected in G/A stats, isn’t even comparable.

zanderbz repped this.
  3. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    I thought Pulisic was fine. He combined well with others and got the assist, but a couple times when his touches weren't quite clean enough or he took too long to make the play. I'd guess that they'd go with a rotation of Sancho, Bruun Larsen, and Pulisic as the wingers for the next little while.

Overall, it's great to see Dortmund looking like real contenders again. I still don't trust their defense, but they're overwhelming offensively right now. It will be interesting to see how they do against Atletico.

4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    like join UNESCO?

5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

BM also won today.

Dortmund needs to build a 10+ points lead over BM before winter break to have a solid chance at the title.

BM will bounce back for sure.

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Pretty much be anything but a banker. Haven't you ever seen Mary Poppins?

Watched Wolfs/BM today instead of Dortmund. Bayern is not playing well and they are scary good. But they are not playing as a team yet. Dortmund will have to find another gear, I think. But BM in current form are not invincible.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    At least Bayern is playing better than Real Madrid. They look like a lost puppy without Zizou.

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Alaves top of the league in Spain :D

Suyuntuy and smokarz repped this.
  9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

That is just comical. Lol

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    cue R. Kelly's "I believe I can fly..."

11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    If Barça beats Sevilla (big IF), they'll retake the lead. La Liga is the most fun to follow, even the mid-table teams play very good football.

12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Fascinating league pivot, but I don't think Pulisic is headed to Barca this year so he's probably ok...

Dortmund, on the other hand, are very likely going to have to figure out BM at some point.

wixson7 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great to see Puli back from injury. Always fun to see him and a bonus that he got an assist. It is also a pleasant turnaround that BVB are watchable again (with or without Puli).

14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

If that defense gets better, they are a very solid team.

15. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think they are getting better, they appear to have found replacements for Pisczek and Schmelzer. I am betting on the youth improving and continued improvement through out the season.

Alcacer leading the line for Sancho, Reus and Pulisic is pretty scary even for world class defenses so that helps Dortmund defenders look better. The midfield is improved with Witsel, good times for Dortmund fans.

Nice for Pulisic fans to see him not only healthy and get an assist. Looked like Max appreciated it too form the relief on his face after his goal.

PalmettoSpur repped this.
  16. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    That defense needs more time to get. Stuttgart puts them under pressure late in the game. Stuttgart should have at least 2 goals if they knew how to finish.

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I saw it in my Music class at age 11. I regret what they forced me to endure.

18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Heathen! Healot!

19. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    You do know that the happy ending of that movie doesn't involve (spoiler for 50-year-old movie) Mr Banks leaving the banking world, it involves him being promoted to partner. After quitting for like, an hour.

Monarch Bay Beachbum repped this.
  20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, but his kids were already thieves, his wife a feminist and his nanny insane. And, if you saw the sequel you know he jumped off of Big Ben in 1929 - without a kite!

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  21. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    This really is a garden party.

Oh it's a jolly 'oliday with Mary
    Mary makes your 'eart so light!

MtnGardener and freisland repped this.
  22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  23. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I was thinking the thread is turning out more like this...

orcrist, Suyuntuy and Winoman repped this.
  24. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or, if we're honest:

25. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather have Sancho, as I think the skill at which he excels over CP is somewhat more important than the skill at which CP excels over Sancho... for my club anyways, and at this current moment.... but either way none of that really matters, because this is such a tremendous opportunity to grow together and push each other as they further develop. This could one day soon be an utterly devastating pair of wingers. They aren't there yet, but for that potential I personally hope they both stay for awhile, and don't bail to some "bigger" (ie richer) club just because they write a large check.

Easy for me to say -- I'd leave my job for double (or certainly triple) the pay without a TON of thought... but their development could become something really special over the next 2-3 years. It's only made more interesting if they were to stay together and really build an attacking partnership on the pitch. It's probably more likely one or both of them are picked off in the next 1-2 years, but I am still crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't happen.

Winoman, beamish and smokarz repped this.