Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. I'll buy a boat.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    "Buy land. They're not making it any more." Mark Twain.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. Mark Twain didnot know about climate change. Land will be swallowed by water.
    I'll buy a boat.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm reposting this because it wasn't obvious to many of us that CP has been immortalized in cartoon form:

1049431755613200385 is not a valid tweet id

freisland, superdave, Namdynamo and 8 others repped this.
  5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Madrid will pay 120M for Sancho.

6. That settles it then, 100M for my boat.:)

Source available?

7. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one is spending north of 50 on CP's end product. Sancho has as many assists right now as CP will get all year. If Sancho keeps up something close to his end product right now, then him.

largegarlic and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  8. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Sage advice, we can suppose, IF you live in Rotterdam. If you live in Humboldt County NV as did Twain, there's less urgency.

9. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don’t think CP will get 5 more assists this year, in a front five that’s that good? What the heck. Also, I seriously doubt Sancho can maintain those numbers, period, the only possible exception is if he keeps coming off the bench which benefits him greatly.

LouisianaViking07/09 and kumuyc repped this.
  10. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Pretty sure that was Alger Hiss.

11. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't rate CPs end product. If someone were to say they think CP will end the year with 5 goals and 8 assists, I'd say there's more than a 50% chance he doesn't reach both numbers.

Of course Sancho can't maintain those numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up with something like 5 goals and 12 assists.

12. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    by December, this thread will be doing to Sancho what it did to Dembele two years ago.

The Potter and Dr.Phil repped this.
  13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Sancho and Pulisic each benefit from the presence of the other on the team. They can sub for one another or start on opposite wings, whatever. The better one plays, the better the overall situation for the other - demanding defensive attention, helping pile up goals and wins, helping get closer to cup and league titles, etc.

Sancho playing well is great news for Pulisic, even if that means Sancho gets more minutes. If Pulisic is playing well too, the two of them can eat others' minutes together.

14. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic has gotten those numbers for two seasons and he’s clearly better now. A month ago we were talking about him getting like 10 and 10. I don’t think that’s out of the question at all.

zanderbz repped this.
  15. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one is saying anything less than Sancho is fantastic so I’m not sure where that’s coming from. His only critique is that he doesn’t produce as much when he starts but that’s common for a 19 year old.

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Puli is used to tire defenders, and he does that well with his dribbling, stamina and mobility. Then Sancho & Larsen are brought to get the numbers. So far the plan works.

17. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of us rated Dembele. I thought he was little selfish, but nothing out of the ordinary. Sancho though strikes me as different in way I can't completely articulate. I think he's a beast and might turn into the best English player of his. generation. He's fun to watch and if I had to chooseI would have take Sancho. He's seems pretty likeable. It might be hard for the CP fanbois to start the anti-Sancho campaign.

frankburgers repped this.
  18. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Pulisic usually starts opposite Larsen doesn’t he? I am excited by the combination of wingers, it’s got to be a pretty scary side to play against especially if Guerrero rounds into form.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Only in his last two games (@ Bayern, vs. Nürnberg). Before that he started with Reus opposite, Kagawa in the hole (Hoffenheim) or with Reus opposite and Philipp in the middle (Leipzig).

20. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Yeah but how often has Larsen been brought in? I only see one sub appearance?

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yep, against Monaco, and it worked wonderfully. He's scored twice as a starter though. Actually, if you look at (assists+goals)/minute, Puli lags behind Sancho/JBL.

And starting or coming as a sub does not affect the numbers significantly. As a starter, JBL has two goals and one assist (over 288').

By comparison, Sancho has one goal and six assists over 220'.

And Puli has one goal and one assist over 323'.

So, yeah, I was wrong. Starting or not makes no difference: the bottom line is CP is producing somewhat less than the other two. But G+A doesn't tell the full story.

22. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been said already but Sancho has been miles better in his sub appearance vs his starts which leads me to believe that’s he’s markedly better against tired legs. And I also think CP has more than one assist...def in all comps.

23. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Yeah, I was just curious because that was not how I remembered it, not trying to call you out.

24. Mbappe after an embarrasing evening against Iceland in France (2-2 draw, after 85 minutes 0-2 score) probably going downwards in the best talent 2018 lists.

25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    can you elaborate?