Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next season?? Most fairytales are more plausible than that.

2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I wouldn't bet on it.

3. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any news on whether he makes the bench tomorrow?

4. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Isn't he injured? 3 to 4 weeks from March 28 when the injury was diagnosed would mean that the optimistic return date was in two weeks, wouldn't it?

wrench repped this.
  5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Not that he was going to be playing a lot anyway.

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Next month (if he heals quick enough).

EruditeHobo repped this.
  7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It's very encouraging that every top US player in Germany seems to have returned injured...

mschofield repped this.
  8. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I'm sorry... I thought you were talking about Chelsea!

My bad.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    SMH...over all the hand wringing over Pulisic's perceived potential mistreatment. If he performs he will be legend, if not he will simply be another in a very long line of transfers that did not work out, hence the phrase loan army.

The Hudson Odoi and Hazard issues are nothing to do with CP, and I think most CFC fans know that.

Maybe I am wrong but I give Chelski fans enough credit to know that CP has very little to do with personnel decisions other than signing a contract.

10. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Fivvr with three dmids again today.

At some point, he's going to have to reach deep, deep down and find a pair instead.

adam tash repped this.
  11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

He's an average coach with a mediocre mindset. He came to play for a draw. If you don't have a 'play to win' mentality, you'll never win.

This is the title loosing game. They will come back to this end in a few weeks and wished could had went all out.

12. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Dortmund are laying a big fat turd today, it's good that Pulisic is missing this one.

largegarlic repped this.
  13. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So glad CP is moving to Chelsea. Dortmund defense look)s like it always has (written before goal #4). Nothing more to say.

adam tash repped this.
  14. NatsTeamFan

NatsTeamFan Member

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    It's always seemed like Dortmund being at the top of the table was more a product of the Bundesliga being down that it was of this team being particularly good. They've been weak down the spine for 3 seasons now

15. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    #23540 Sam Hamwich, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Against Ponch I learned everything I need to know about Fivvr: He can't coach teams with talent.

He's a scared little john sausage.

Notice he brings in Weigl (DCM) and removes dahoud, then bring in a another quasi ACM/False 9.

These are obvious counters from obvious pre-known mistakes.

Same thing bothers me with the US coach. Just painfully obvious a-prior mistakes that then need 'brilliant' in-game adjustments...how about, just don't make the same mistake over and over again?

adam tash repped this.
  16. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Damn wish Pulisic was healthy so he coulda got some minutes in that game

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Bayern us going to win the league again after taking a vacation in the first third of the season. Doesn't speak highly of the Bundesliga when a single club dominates it like that, and worse when all the other clubs look unimpressive in European competition.

lmorin and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Maybe it's best he avoided that annihilation.

19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Serie A said to hold its beer.

onefineesq and WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  20. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Yea...still too early to call it like that.

Bayern still have to go to Leipzig against Adams.

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    While I expect Leipzig to mount a stauncher defense at home, Bayern has gone their last 5 BuLi matches 23:2. That's brutal.

22. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern still have only a 1 point lead. Even with the embarrassing defeat Dortmund still have a chance.

And out of all the top leagues Bundesliga to me has been the most interesting recently. Like in the PL theoretically 6 teams can win the league(not really true) but, because of that same 6 teams will play in Europe every season with 1 other getting a chance to play some Europa League qualifiers in pre-season. In Bundesliga Frankfurt were playing in a relegation playoff a few years ago but, now they will probably play in the Champions League next season plus they are in the Europa League QFs. Wolfsburg went from CL QFs, to relegation playoffs and are now back to competing for European places. Koln went from Europa League to relegated in the same season. Hoffenheim looked like they would be relegated a few seasons ago and then made the CL back to back seasons. Hamburg have played CL football this decade and were relegated. Heck Schalke were in the CL this season and were fighting for their lives this season. The fact that the sides that are not Bayern and Dortmund fluctuate so much makes it pretty interesting.

23. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    What's the media reaction in Dortmund?

Was Favre blamed?

24. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I know is that Chelsea's never going to lose to Bayern (or anyone else) 5-0...

Glad CP is getting out of Dortmund...amazing club to break in at....but he's outgrown that club, imo (as long as he can stop being injured all the time, that is)...

All the fans and "pundits" that turned on him and think that the players favre favored over him are simply better than CP are morons........Favre is decent but not a championship-caliber coach, imo.

25. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    You mean when CP joins? Lowlights in 2019 for Chelsea include losing 4-0 to Bournemouth and 6-0 to Man City.

onefineesq, WrmBrnr, Cris 09 and 6 others repped this.