Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    You have the order of details wrong. When negotiations stopped he was not "fighting for minutes."

FC Tallavana repped this.
  2. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    I don't even think it's just the players; the dysfunction at that club starts with recruitment.

3. CNYFC

CNYFC Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Reus and Paco out vs. Spurs

------------------Gotze-------------
    Guerreiro-----Pulisic------Sancho

???

4. Zinkoff

Zinkoff Member

Jul 2, 2014
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully. But I could easily see Philipp starting up top with Gotze underneath instead.

Pulisic has stepped up big in the past for Dortmund in the CL, so maybe Favre gives him a chance tomorrow.

5. WillBrew4Beer

WillBrew4Beer New Member

???
    United States
    Aug 15, 2018
    Last league game they started with

-------------Gotze-----------
    Guerreiro --- Phillip --- Sancho

But Pulisic had done 120+ on the midweek cup game, so who knows...

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    You got this Christian. Show the world today.

7. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it today?

8. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    show the world tomorrow!

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Reus out for the Spuds game. RIP Dortmund.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  10. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Kane and Dele Alli are both out for Spurs too to be fair.

11. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Son has been on fire and I like Spurs attack & backline more, but I think it's closer in midfield... Witsel and Delaney vs Winks and Sissoko is very interesting. Should be a good matchup.

12. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Would be sad if Wolf starts over Pulisic.

At the very least I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get minutes as a sub.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I like Phillip up to. Gotze is just too slow, especially against the Spuds.

14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    my mistake.

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's different. If BvB were an old Xmas lights set, Reus is the pilot light. Without him, they're pedestrian in the ideas department. And, at the Champions level, it's all about thinking on your feet.

I predict a bad loss for Dortmund.

16. Or gets sour.

17. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Last year I predicted a huge beat down by the Spuds, with or without Reus.

But damn, I wish so much for Pulisic to start this game and show them English he's a legit footballer right in front of their very own eyes.

WheezingUSASupport and mace repped this.
  18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yeah Reus was out last season for the entire first half, so he didn't play at the group stage and was only back too late, when they were already in the Europa.

Of course then the Spuds had Kane in top form. Still, this is not looking promising for the bumblebees.

19. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. Reus is a bright bulb for sure, but the string doesn't go dark without him. Maybe the blinking gets a bit out of rythm, but they will still blink and will provide the holiday cheer. I predict a Dortmund victory with Puli lighting it up (for once).

Keep in mind, I'm that guy who always predicts the USA will win the world cup in the betting pools (except 2018!). Anyway, I try to stay positive.

zanderbz repped this.
  20. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I meant last year as of late December 2018.

21. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    those thinking that Dortmund will automatically start Reus for Pulisic havnt been following Dortmund enough.

It will likely be Larsen and Sancho out wide with Goetze at AM or Phillip. You wont see Pulisic. Im not sure the coach ever even liked Pulisic or values him at all.

22. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    I agree that he may not start but your post is very confusing.

Midas Mulligan repped this.
  23. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And sour cream is still exquisite when used correctly

#metaphorwin

Baysider repped this.
  24. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Puli deserves the start at AM but I don't see it cause Favre would rather start a worse player who he has next season.

I do appreciate the choke job by Dortmund over the weekend without Puli on the field

adi21 repped this.
  25. Frankball

Frankball Member+

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hot off from the press, published by The Sun. Big implications on Christian Pulisic should these stories become a reality.

CHELZZEA
    Chelsea want Zidane as next manager if they sack Sarri and hope he can take Blues back to the very top

Blues are ready to turn to the former Real Madrid manager with Maurizio Sarri's job at Stamford Bridge hanging by a thread v [February 13, 2019 @ 8:00AM GMT (3:00AM EST)]
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8415045/chelsea-zinedine-zidane-manager-maurizio-sarri/

ED OVER HEELS
    Zidane taking over Chelsea would be dream for fans… as it means Hazard stays

The Belgian winger - tied down at Stamford Bridge until 2020 - idolises the World Cup winner [February 13, 2019 @ 9:22AM GMT (4:22AM EST)]
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8416394/zinedine-zidane-chelsea-eden-hazard-contract/

ABRACADABRA
    Fuming Abramovich can make huge statement by appointing Zidane… and the two are a perfect match

Chelsea are understood to be in talks with the former Real Madrid boss over succeeding Maurizio Sarri [February 13, 2019 @ 11:41AM GMT (6:41AM EST)]
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8417465/roman-abramovich-chelsea-zinedine-zidane/

'MY JOB IS HERE'
    Frank Lampard says Chelsea results have been ‘shocking’ but distances himself from job after fans make him a favourite to replace under-fire Sarri

Blues veteran confirmed his commitment to Derby amid speculation he could make a return to Stamford Bridge [February 12, 2019 @ 1:40PM GMT (8:40AM EST)]
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8410978/frank-lampard-chelsea-job-replace-sarri/

US-STAY
    Christian Pulisic Chelsea career could be delayed due to his USA Gold Cup call-up

Forward will join the Blues this summer after landing him for a whopping £58million in January [February 12, 2019 @ 10:07AM GMT (5:07AM EST)].
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8408...d-be-delayed-due-to-his-usa-gold-cup-call-up/

WheezingUSASupport and smokarz repped this.