the Gaa

Discussion in 'Ireland: NSR' started by bennocelt, May 11, 2006.

1. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    "All-square in football final"
    "the All-Ireland Senior Club Football Final will take a replay to separate the finalists - for the first time since 1993. An extremely competitive game of football at Croke Park saw today's final end in a 1-09 to 1-09 stalemate between Crossmaglen, the Ulster champions, and Kerry and Munster kingpins Dr Crokes. ... "replay ... in O'Moore Park, Portlaoise, on 1 April"
    Armagh abu! Up Cross!
    http://www.crossrangers.com/morenews.asp?id=166

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    haven't seen much gaelic football or hurling, but I've liked what I've seen. don't have a team yet but my mom's family (my great grandparents on her side) were born in Limerick, Cork, and Louth. could just be a glory hunter and root for Cork :)

3. Bucky-O'Hare

Bucky-O'Hare Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Ireland
    Club:
    Derry City
    Re: the Ga

martin clarke is an excellent talent from County Down. It is yet another example of the Australians steeling our young talent! The Australian compromise rules team are a bunch of thugs and the AFL steel our young players so I personallyhope that the seres is put to bed once and for all.

4. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When does the GAA start up again ! ta

5. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    It is on! http://www.gaa.ie/
    The next NFL games on Setanta are Cork v Mayo and Donegal v Kerry on Mar 27 and the next Hurling is Galway v Tipperary on Mar 28. Go Tipp!
    Now F*ck off, R.A.G. B*ST*RD. :D

6. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    As lucius says, the league is on now. The Championship (the main competition) gets underway in May, with the provincial finals in July and the interprovincial fixtures following on from that.

7. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    I can't believe that Donegal beat Kerry and sit a top the NFL tables. :eek:

8. Brian T

Brian T New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Canada
    I think they're suprising everybody, especially people in Donegal.

Considering the youth on the team, they should be a force in the years to come. Hopefully bring Sam back to the Hills.

9. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    I'm just waiting for the cave-in...

10. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    what do you lads think of colin begley?

11. Bucky-O'Hare

Bucky-O'Hare Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Ireland
    Club:
    Derry City
    To be honest I didnt get to see much of Begley as he was off to Australia before he was able to make any sort of impression in Gaelic Football.

How's he doing down there?

12. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can someone tell me when and where County Mayo is playing in May !

TA :)

13. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    They're playing Galway in Galway (Pearse stadium) on the 20th May, in the first round of the provincial Championship - hoping to recover form after a beating at the hands of Donegal in the league final :cool:

14. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How hard would tickets for that be ? :cool:

15. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't think he's played a game yet, but apparently he is a good prospect.

Tadgh Kennely has taken a step up this season, playing much better than he has in the past.

But i'm most interested in Martin Clarke (because he plays for my club lol), they say he can be the best player in the competition in a few years. He just needs to adapt to the game some more, he probably wont get a game until next preseason though. Can't wait to see how he turns out! :D

16. Bucky-O'Hare

Bucky-O'Hare Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Ireland
    Club:
    Derry City
    When I was home at christmas I read a newspaper interview that he did as he was also home. He said that he was carrying an aussie rules ball with him every where that he went, he was even taking it to bed with him just to get used to the feel of the ball so he's deffinitly determined. My father was a coach for the Derry Minors (U-18) while Clarke was playing for the Down minors and he never shut up about him and his team mate James Colgin. Even though it really annoys me that the AFL are able to take away our young talent I really hope he succeeds.

17. lashjack

lashjack New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Championship

Cannot wait till the Championship starts, Gaelic football is my first love before soccer :eek: to be honest. With the 100 % record in Division 2 still intact, I'm hoping Monaghan make a push for the Ulster title this time around! Hopefully can make it to Clones before we are knocked out!

18. bennocelt

bennocelt Member

Jun 1, 2005
    wales
    Re: Championship

THATS A SIN, you should go to confession and repent at once, bogball over football.............................................NEVER:cool:

19. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    Wouldn't be too hard to get your hands on, I'm sure, presuming you're around the area! I can't see it being sold out.

20. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    We....we actually won a game we shouldn't have. That's not how things work, usually we're better but we collapse. And against Armagh, of all teams - what's going on? :confused: My brother ended up with a extra ticket for the match on Sunday morning but didn't tell me because I was in bed. Raging.

21. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I just watched Cork vs Mayo (Hurling) and Donegal vs Armagh (Football), Cork dominated their match (Munster final), but the Ulster final was a very good match. Being down 2 in the last minute, Donegal scored a late goal (and it was not good from the keeper, he should've jumped for it) and won the game by one.
    I usually don't watch the full matches (usually just goals) because, much like LoI, I don't have anyone to support, but I did watch these two.

22. lashjack

lashjack New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Monaghan beat Down today, absolutely sensational result they are our bogie team. I'd say the boys will fancy their chances against Derry in two weeks time, Antrim gave them a game today and we all know they are rubbish. Roll on two weeks Muineachain abu

23. Bucky-O'Hare

Bucky-O'Hare Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Ireland
    Club:
    Derry City
    The world must be really changing if a Monoghan man is calling Down a bogie team :D I'd say you's will beat us though.

P.S. Eamon Coleman R.I.P (legend)

24. lashjack

lashjack New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    That was the first time we had beaten Down in 19 or 21 years, I heard that stat the other day. I've been following Monaghan my whole life and we've never beaten them in the Championship til then. Unfortunately I cannot recall us ever beating Derry in the Championship either....I remember us drawing in 1993 or 4 but I'm confident its our year to reach the final

25. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Watched the Cork-Waterford hurling Munster semi, great game. Always nice to see someone beating Cork.