The Future of France

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by CoDave, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No one talked about the 3-0 win against Italy.

No one talks about Cognat, Georgen, Reine Adélaïde. Only about Edouard... some of them. AND DON'T FORGET TO MENTION THAT HE COMES FROM PARIS SAINT GERMAIN ! PSG ! Ibrahimovic ! Thiago Silva !

I've watched the matchs. Not only the penalty kicks.

Zidane didn't impress me.

I don't see him above the others in his generation. I may be wrong but I even wonder if he'll become a professionnal.

2. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sorry, I would talk about it had I been here the past year or so.

By the way, the U-19s who have done very well thus far in their respective Euro, go against favorites Spain today in about an hour. Winner will take on Russia in the final.

Here's a summary of lineup/team we have:

Escales (OM)
    Fulgini (Valenciennes) Diallo (AS Monaco/Zulte Waregem) Diakhaby (OL) Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid)
    Blin (Toulouse) Kemen (Newcasatle)
    Cornet (OL) Kilic (Auxerre) Coman (Juventus)
    Guirassy (Lille)

The names you might recognize:

Kingsley Coman was the Titi d'Or (awarded to the best in PSG youth system in a given year, he had been the winner in 2012) and transferred to Juventus à la Pogba last summer. Has showed flashes of brilliance while being at Juve, got off the bench during the Champions League final against Barca, extremely high ceiling. He's a pacey winger though also very effective cutting inside, like his elder Juve teammate Pogba, he blasts the stereotype of the player of African origin not being able to be a technical player, since Kingsley's technique is brilliant. However he has been injured and playing with an injury in this tournament, but without a doubt he's the most recognizable name in the squad.

Lucas Hernandez is an Atletico Madrid youth product whose dad was a footballer there as well. A natural center back, but employed frequently as a left back as well, as he has been in this tournament, Lucas is a naturally good defender with very few weaknesses. Good in the tackle and very good pace for a natural central defender. Made a name of himself when marking Gareth Bale in a match against Real earlier this year, Lucas continues the long line of late we have of extremely talented central defenders (Zouma, Varane, Laporte). Unfortunately like Coman he has also been dealing with an injury but looks as if he's set today to defend against players he might know very well.

Alexis Blin is a Toulouse player who has already made his first team debut, Blin is a hardworking defensive midfielder with good technique.

Gnaly Maxwel Cornet is an exciting player. A bright star in the Metz youth system, he was (wisely) picked up by OL and has the speed to open a game.

Marcus Thuram is a son of Lilian Thuram. He's bigger than his dad and has been surclassé to join this squad as he is a year younger. Definitely one to watch when he comes on.

Abdou Diallo got a good amount of first team experience this past year at Monaco, and impressed. Has been loaned out to the Belgian league.

Sehrou Guirassy is a natural No.9 in the team and thus has scored plenty of goals. Has both speed, power and obviously a nose for goal, Guirassy has been transferred to Lille from Laval.

Moussa Dembele, not to be confused with the Belgian Moussa Dembele is an ex-PSG youth product who transferred to Fulham. Like Guirassy, Dembele has both speed and power and would be capable of bringing a spark off the bench.

Neal Maupay is a name some may well recognize but his story has been a sad one in a sense. He set a record as the youngest goalscorer in Ligue 1 in late 2012 at 16 and 2 months. Injuries however have hurt his progress a lot and tonight he will be on the bench.

Should be a great game. Our opponent Spain would have also several young talents who are also very advanced, namely Marco Asensio and the captain Jesus Vallejo, and would be the favorites entering today's match. We have a lot of momentum, though, and were it not for the injuries Coman and Lucas are carrying (despite them, they will start), I'd feel confident we are a good enough match for them. :)

AfrcnHrbMan and guignol repped this.
  3. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The team lost 2-0 today in the semis and are eliminated sadly. An even match overall though, I thought (second Spanish goal was in the very last minute on a counter when everyone had pushed up), certainly there were disappointments on both sides. Congrats to Spain, though overall a good tournament on our end even if a bitter end.

4. zanyk

zanyk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone know if the U16s friendly between France and Wales will be streamed/televised anywhere?

5. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I doubt it. I've watched even U17 matches but never a U16. We'll know for sure in 3 days and maybe there will be highlights on the Federation website.

6. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh, er, I was younger too, don't judge me too harshly.

But I still got 7 of them, and Sakho, Benzema and Gameiro were close !

7. LOFNICK

LOFNICK New Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Viva la France

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk