The Future of France

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by CoDave, Jun 17, 2010.

1. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes Cabella did have a good match, and Montpellier acquitted themselves well in the match for large stretches . If they can keep playing like that, they will get out of the group.

RevPOWA repped this.
  2. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What happend to the Les Bleuets thread? Can't find it anywhere so I guess I'll post in here .

U21's currently getting their asses raped by NORWAY in the playoffs for Euro 2013 , a tournament France hasn't qualified for since 2006 .. Score is 5-1 (5-2 agg)

'The Future of France' is in good hands :laugh::laugh:

RevPOWA, StarrMatthieu and NicolasN. repped this.
  3. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I just turned on the TV and I'm seeing Alain Roche as announcer. :D Too late, the game is over. What happened ? He just said that there has been a lot of defensive mistakes.

RevPOWA and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  4. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah that's it. The defence (and the GK) were horrific . It was so bad I could only just laugh . In the end France lost 5-3 (5-4 agg) and Lacazette got himself sent off after scoring .

After Spain humiliates us tonight french football is going to be in need of some soul searching if it hadn't already . But hey , atleast the womans team(s) are proving to be good . Things look much more promising there :cool:

RevPOWA, guignol and NicolasN. repped this.
  5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    1) i was expecting a good match from the bluets to buoy my spirits before the comedown, but apparently fell into a mirror universe arond 6pm yesterday.

mavimba i have NEVER seen look good for the éspoirs but never as feckless as last night. the first two goals are down to his lackadaisicality, but the whole team was in the same "i wish i wasn't here" mode with the cold, the rain, the synthetic... a bunch of wimpy whining brats. and that's really the whole of it. after they were down 3-0 they realized they needed to get involved and played well enough after that, but it was too late. the norwegians' 4th and 4th come more from the scoreline than the relative quality of the two teams. the talk mombaerts gave them at HT he needed to do before the opening whistle. "it's cold, it's wet, it's norway in october, but you're pros, and you're MEN so go out there and do a job!" or he could have pulled mavimba after the first goal (at least on the penalty he was trying!) to send a message.

for les bleues, sorry to blow up your world, but take a gander at the bini's babes thread in women's soccer and you'll see it's not the care bears in candyland there either.

RevPOWA and N. Platini repped this.
  6. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Link

The funny thing is that I hadn't even heard of the incident in question until this article. So Max just brought more attention to it.

RevPOWA repped this.
  7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hadn't heard of it? which moon do you live on ;) ? not our moon i reckon... i think even phobos and deimos had this on the front page! max didn't even make the first 100 in the list of people who have spoken out on this!

lefutur and RevPOWA repped this.
  8. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    No papers here have headlines about football, let alone French football. :cool: But I have just been really out of touch with the seemingly endless international break.

RevPOWA repped this.
  9. ligue1fan

ligue1fan New Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I know it's been a few weeks now, but I'm still confident about our future, even after the humiliation against Norway. I'll admit though, I was definitely disappointed voir surprised even - because we've had good teams these past few years and yet they've failed to qualify. It comes down to the mentality, they were overly confident perhaps. As for the nightclub thing, I was a little surprised to see Griezmann's name in that party group, especially after his form lately, you'd think he would've been more responsible but it's the youth. They'll learn.

In other news: Benzema possibly out for Italy? More time for Giroud/Gomis? I'm looking forward to the list Thursday!

KellanF: And when they do mention it, it's United and Barcelona most of the time!

10. ligue1fan

ligue1fan New Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What do you guys think of the decision? M'Vila to miss the World Cup - the others to miss selections until December 2013. I think it's little harsh for the others - I'm thinking of Griezmann in particular. M'Vila on the other hand..ouch. We'll manage without him though.

11. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Griezmann was in the wrong place at the wrong time !

12. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Seems like a big mistake to sit M'Vila for the WC. I feel bad for Greizmann too. Though would the others realistically even have an opportunity for a call-up from now til then, anyway?

13. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Young players do stupid and unprofessional things. This is more of message to the members of Les Bleus. Looks like the FFF will start to handout major suspensions from now on.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm not all that hot on m'vila to be honest but he didn't deserve this. griezemann won't be missed on the espoirs based on what i saw of him and though he does well in spain i don't see him as really necessary in A either. mavinga getting terminated can only be a good thing, he's consistently horrible. as for the others, hoo dey? but the old men at the fed should stop sniffing glue, it's not good for you at any age.

15. ligue1fan

ligue1fan New Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Anelka, M'Vila, it's starting to become a real trend!

@ guignol: Agreed! But for Griezmann, he has a future for me, maybe not now but in a few years time he'll make it!

Oort Cloud repped this.
  16. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lets hope M'Vila learns for this, and doesn't become the next Anelka.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    griezmann obviously has lots of talent, but in an espoirs group with a pretty disturbing epidemic of melonititis he's always seemed the most serious case to me.
    i'm not worried. first of all, he came back and put in a fairly good match against norway in horrible conditions*. what he did personally was nowhere near the crap anelka pulled, and his mentality is nothing like nico's. the FFF is just being stupid and spiteful.

*the nightclub outing didn't help, but i think it has bon dos : it's being used as a convenient excuse for mombaert's failure. the only player involved who stunk in norway was mavinga and he always stunk from what i'd seen. i never understood him being on the squad.

ligue1fan and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  18. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    CoDave repped this.
  20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

i love his ball control might be our best leftback tied with evra at this point !

21. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He's doing real well for himself in my FM game in 2019 :D

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Antoine Griezmann
    Paul Pogba
    Lucas Digne
    M'Baye Niang
    Aymeric Laporte
    Raphaël Varane
    Yaya Sanogo
    Sébastien Corchia

theses guys you can bank on them for the Future

PSG should keep tabs

23. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Zouma
    Umtiti
    Aurier (if he doesn't want to play for Ivory Coast)
    Niang

are who I am excited to see.

24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  25. lefutur

lefutur Member+