The Frederic Thiriez Thread

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Aug 2, 2008.

1. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    My post wasn't directed at you , or anyone . :)

2. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh, I know. :)

I agree that the 3rd, and in some cases 4th best teams in one of the big 3 leagues would be better than l'OL, though, and nothing against the Germans as I think their national team is actually improving, though I think in terms of league quality, we're right there with them. The Bundesliga may be more exciting, but I believe that when it comes to Europe, we're on par, at the very minimum, with them.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    French teams in the Champion League have now played a combined 6 matches and have zero wins between them.:( How will Thiriez spin it if France loses a Champions League spot ?

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  5. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Lyon can still beat anyone on their day...look at the past success they've had against Real Madrid and nearly beating Manchester United last year.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  9. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What the hell?! First of all Platini's "For once I agree with the English" was probably not called for , and isn't going to further his relations with the leaders of their FA. Second how can he say that UEFA's intentions weren't to look into the books of clubs and have them be finiancial sound? What has he been going on about for the last 6 months!?

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think he realizies that going against the mighty EPL is a battle he cant win. If you cant beat 'em join 'em.

11. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm thinking about asking him if there is a possiblity of eliminating the DCNG if we were to fall behind Russia in the uefa coeffiecents.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think you know the answer to that already. I dont think eliminating it is an option.

13. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh I do, I just would like to see how he words it.

14. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He cant afford to be doing rediculous hobbies when there's so much work to be done.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Thiriez criticizes the Ronaldo transfer.

http://news.maxifoot.com/info-098127_90611/football.php

Teams like Real Madrid probably laugh at the "French model". Good luck getting that European DNCG going. The French are doing it the right way but most of Europe isnt listening.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Thiriez lashes out against Real Madrid

http://news.maxifoot.com/info-100723_90806/football.php

At two days of the resumption of the Championship of France, the president of the Professional football league, Frederic Thiriez carries out his media re-entry. At the time of drawing up a first assessment of the estival mercato, the leader n' did not chew its words with l' opposition to Real Madrid, purchaser of the Lyonese Karim Benzema against the total sum of 41 d' million; euros. " On a certain level of financial underhand dealings, France cannot fight. The French clubs spend l' money qu' they have. Their debt is d' approximately 100 d' million; euros, that of the Spanish clubs is of 3,5 billion d' euros, that of First League English is of 4 billion d' euros. This n' is not the French model and we protest against that, declared Thiriez with l' AFP. We ask l' UEFA, and Michel Platini is doing it, a minimum of rules of financial fair play because the departure of Benzema, c' is financial doping. And there, one cannot fight. Is needed a European DNCG, if not they will be always the same ones which will gain and the League of the Champions will be dévalorisée."

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    According to information from RTL, the presidents of Lyon, Marseille, Paris SG and shareholder of Bordeaux, the four most influential clubs in Ligue 1, will be meeting Wednesday evening over a dinner prepared in a room of the Hotel Bristol in Paris, to prepare a common strategy that would counter the LFP president Frederic Thiriez. On the menu: "a return to 18 clubs in the league, protection teams in the Champions League, better distribution of television rights and minority representation of major clubs to various boards and general assemblies of French football," states RTL.

http://news.maxifoot.com/info-113258_100325/football.php

20. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow this sounds like a 'G-14' type of revolution that happen years ago. Wonder what's going to come out of this. The end of the 'partial' parity in ligue1?

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well Aulas and Thiriez are pretty much at war right now over the scheduling issue. Aside from that, I do think 18 teams is a good idea. I support L1, L2, and National all going to 18 teams. Its less games for the players and there are too many low budget, less popular clubs in L1 already so why not just lop off 2 of them ? Distribution of television rights I know nothing about since I dont follow that sort of thing. I do think the "bigger clubs" deserve more money than the others because those are the teams people pay to and want to see.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the most telling is that in this scheduling brouhaha that nominally pits brodeaux against lyon, JLT and JMA are making statements that are obviously coordinated; they've got freddie moustache's melon in a vise and they're going to squeeze until pop goes the weasel.

23. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

LMAO THAT"S FUNNY AS HELL:D sad but true