The Fox Soccer Era

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by tsun23, Jul 27, 2014.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And even if we know if the matches will be on MatchPass we don't know if they will be simulcasts or with International audio which is what I was referring to in the post I was quoting.
    There's also a possibility that the games on MatchPass are just delayed OnDemand and not live.
    They are not clear as to what MatchPass will be used for.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why does FOX have so much problem with audio mixing level? I watched the UCL Highlights show last night and the announcers were mixed so low they were drowned out by the ambient crowd noise. Who's responsible? Is it FOX doing something wrong, or are they at the mercy of the International feed they get, and if so FOX has no technical way to fix this after the fact??? This problem has happened quite a lot IIRC.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There have been numerous times the CL Magazine Show has been unbearable.

This has probably been brought up before, but how come FS1 didn't use the international feed announcers the past few days?

5. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Prepping us for the sweet, sweet sounds of these announcers calling WC games.

6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt about it! And slightly depressing at that.

7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fox Deportes scheduled to show tonight's Mendoza Supercopa of Boca-River/River-Boca in roughly one hour. :cool:

8. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, pleasant surprise. Just a one-off or will they start showing the SuperLiga?

9. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    The rights to these Supercups are usually sold off separately so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

10. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Matchpass gave us the sweet, sweet sounds of Martin Tyler calling Barca-Chelsea today.

Cantona and Kryptonite repped this.
  11. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was the audio mix OK? Could you hear him over the ambient crowd noise?

It's a serious question, as I am still scratching my head about what's going on with many of the FOX broadcasts, e.g. the recent highlights shows.

12. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Sounded OK on my Roku.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Sounds great! I wish the ambient crowd noise would always drown-out the commentators, especially FOX ones.

Maybe the commentators were sitting too far away from their microphones because they needed space to wave their big Man United flags throughout the broadcast?

14. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If you watch Tactical Cam on FoxSportsGo, there's no commentary, right? Just crowd noise.

HomietheClown repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Very Good point.

That is a good option for those of you around here who do not want to hear the commentators during the World Cup or do not want to watch Telemundo.
    Fox Sports Go will have Tactical cams and other cams available without any commentary whatsoever.

daniloni and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Doesn't that mean the camera is from behind the goals? Or is it still a side view but from high above?

I like those high-up side views. Guess they're only possible in large stadiums, mind you. The behind-the-goal views are not so great. There's a reason why those are the cheapest seats.

17. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red Bull Leipzig vs. Bayern Munich will be on Fox Soccer Plus tomorrow, and it will not be replayed on FS1 or FS2.
    Fox Soccer Plus now shows AFLW, which is Australian Football League Women's.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, although its also live on Univision.

19. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Univision Deportes.

20. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Kind of funny, during the 2nd half of Eintracht-Mainz game, the commentator (world feed) stated how he doesn't want to give the update on scores in other games because 'people may watch it later'. Just after I finished celebrating bein back in '90s, ten minutes later he proceeded to provide the update on how the live table looks like.

vilafria and NorthBank repped this.
  21. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Fox and NBC go head to head this Saturday at 12:30.

Everton vs Manchester City on NBC and Bayern vs Dortmund on Fox Network.

22. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Predictions?

Everton-City: 1 million on NBC
    Bayern-Dortmund: 500k on FOX

(not counting Spanish language broadcasts)

23. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    NBC has the recognition factor because they air games during this slot. Not sure how many people will be aware that the Bundesliga game is on FOX. 500K could be too optimistic based on Bundesliga numbers. I'll be watching Bundesliga and just hope it's not too lopsided between the ratings at the end.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  24. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wow, the matches on FOX definitely bit into NBC's Premier League normal audience total (also I'm sure it doesn't help that the title race ended months ago). You look at these numbers and makes you think that there's really kind of a same pool that European league soccer pulls from on network TV. Seems to be about a million people willing to watch European soccer on broadcast TV on a weekend afternoon. And about 300-500k willing to watch on cable. Any competition in the same time slot is just going cannibalize available audience, instead of adding new viewers.

Another note: 565k is poor for any broadcast tv program, but not too bad for MLS on FOX, Zlatan and El Trafico brought in some more people than usual.

[​IMG]

Lovac1 repped this.
  25. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting but do those numbers NOT include digital/streaming? If that's our future, and the big push these days, it seems that they should be capturing those streaming eyeballs as well.