The Fox Soccer Era

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by tsun23, Jul 27, 2014.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox Deportes was listed for me before I logged in through my TV provider.

2. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Niot quite sure exactly when it was added since I do not subscribe, but Fox Soccer Plus HD has been added on Verizon FIOS on channel 1010.

3. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Yeah, I just noticed that. Kinda interesting, I thought with losing the SPL and now being solely " Bundesliga, NRL, Super League, and AFL" that they would be getting ready to wind up, not go forward.

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    hmm... Pretty sure FS+ HD was on FIOS for years, except it was on channel 1009. (I have FIOS but I don't subscribe to FS+).

6. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Channel 1009 has and still is FS+ on FIOS, but it never was an HD channel. There have been periods when it was available as a free preview and the picture was terrible. Channel 1010 is the HD version added recently, giving FS+ both an SD and an HD channel located next to each other.

BocaFan repped this.
  7. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Is the program you want to watch on the website showing on the channel in your Dish?

Was it still listed after you logged in?

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. I attached a screen shot of part of my screen. I tried to attach a screen shot of my whole screen, but the file was too big for BigSoccer.

Attached Files:

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    jpeg can compress more than png for normal web viewing in my experience

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Speaking of Fox Sports Go, I have to give them credit.
    They have the option to stream to chromecast available via the Windows 10 app.:thumbsup:

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think ESPN or NBC does that yet.

11. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I apologize for the confusion. I thought this was also @kalin21 post. If they can't see the programming online (even if they have the channel on Dish), it's probably because they don't air that particular programming in the FoxSportsGo site.

12. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    It's time to merge Fox Sports 2 and Fox Soccer Plus, I think.

Soccer in the morning, motorsport in the afternoon, mma in the evening.

13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My TV says Fox Sports 2 has Multimatch 90 on Saturday for the UEFA Champions League Group Stage, but it must be for the Bundesliga.

14. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox Sports made Bundesliga club profiles shows. They are mostly on Fox Soccer Plus, but here are the ones on Fox Sports 2:

Werdeer Bremen, Wolfsburg, Hertha Berlin, and TSG 1899 Hoffenheim today 6:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M.
    Borussia Monchengladbach, Koln, Mainz, and Stuttgart today 7:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
    Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich on Thursday 6:30 P.M.-7:00 P.M.

I didn't see shows for the other eight clubs. There's also a Bundesliga Season Ticket preview show on Fox Sports 2 today at 5:00 P.M. and replayed on Thursday at 7:30 P.M.

15. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #715 LaxBandit, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017

Los Angeles, California - United States Mens National Team members Christian Pulisic and John Brooks headline the return of European soccer this week across the FOX Sports family of networks. Coverage of the 2017-2018 UEFA Champions League and Bundesliga seasons kicks off Tuesday, August 15 and Friday, August 18, respectively.

Bayern Munich opens Bundesliga action when they face Bayern Leverkusen Friday, August 18, beginning at 2:00 PM ET on FS1 and FOX Deportes. The next day, Christian Pulisic and Borussia Dortmund battles John Brooks and Wolfsburg, beginning at 9:00 AM ET on FS1 and FOX Deportes.

Kate Abdo hosts Bundesliga studio coverage alongside former FC Saarbrücken striker Eric Wynalda and former Borussia Dortmund forward Jovan Kirovski, with Dr. Joe Machnik weighing in as rules analyst. Friday’s studio coverage includes a special feature on Video Assistance Referee. On FOX Deportes, Mariano Trujillo and John Laguna host Spanish-language studio coverage.

Bundesliga TV Schedule - Week #1 - Friday, August 18 and Saturday, August 19 -
    https://foxsports-wordpress-www-prs...oads/sites/2/2017/08/Bundesliga-2017-2018.pdf

FOX Sports’ coverage of the 2017-2018 UEFA Champions League seasons begins this week with playoff action Tuesday, August. 15 and Wednesday, August 16 at 2:00 PM ET on FS1 and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ lineup includes 10 matches, highlighted by Hoffenheim vs. Liverpool and Napoli vs. Nice.

Ian Joy hosts UEFA Champions League studio coverage throughout the month of August alongside Eric Wynalda, Brad Friedel and Warren Barton. Studio coverage is available in Spanish on FOX Deportes with hosts Mariano Trujillo and John Laguna.

UEFA Champions League TV Schedule - Tuesday, August 15 and Wednesday, August 16 -
    https://foxsports-wordpress-www-prs...2/2017/08/UEFA-Champions-League-2017-2018.pdf

16. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two comments:

1. On Saturday September 9 at 12:30 P.M., Bayern Munich will be on Fox Soccer Plus. Fox Sports 1 might have NCAA Football.

2. On Sunday September 17 there will be a tripleheader. Hoffenheim will play at 7:30 A.M. Unless they win at Liverpool, they will play in the Europa League Group Stage on Thursday September 14, so the Bundesliga isn't making them play Saturday with one day of rest.

BocaFan repped this.
  17. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Is this FoxSoccerMatchpass HD or is it still SD like the old streaming service?

18. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's now HD

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not anymore.
    John Brooks is out for a while.

20. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
  21. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #721 LaxBandit, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    LB - FOX has made the changes -
    https://foxsports-wordpress-www-prs...oads/sites/2/2017/08/Bundesliga-2017-2018.pdf -

Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich on Saturday, September 9 - 12:20 PM - will be on Fox Soccer Plus.

Leipzig vs Borussia M'gladbach - Saturday, September 16 - 12:20 PM - is now on FS2.

There will be a triple-header of Bundesliga on Sunday, September 17.
    7:20 AM - Hoffenheim vs Hertha Berlin - FS1.
    9:30 AM - Bayer Leverkusen vs Freiburg - FS1.
    11:50 AM - Borussia Dortmund vs Koln - FS2.

Theres no Bundesliga matches scheduled for September 1-September 3 so not sure why NaBUru38 posted that FS1 is showing the Maryland-Texas college football game at 12:00 PM on Saturday, September 2.

22. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I have no idea about the stability of leadership positions at Fox Deportes but the only thing I can say is that if program directors have changed over the years, idiocy must be the top requirement for the position. They run 3 Champions League games today, with third being a repeat of the first game. And yet they finish late, which is about 1 minute before the Sudamericana game kicks off. A network that loves to edit games can't figure out how to edit pre- and post- game junk to squeeze these games in that block of programming so they can get to Argentina in time to at least show line-ups for the Sudamericana game?

Also, if you have watched the Sudamericana and Libertadores games that use the Argentina feed, you will see ads flash on the screen, a move which is common for South American broadcasters (e.g., NTEL does this all the time). I'm totally cool with this move because it's a smart way to get some advertising income without cutting games. Yet, Fox Deportes edits every single delayed broadcast of Libertadores and Sudamericana games (anywhere from an annoying 2 minutes to a super annoying 12 minutes) so they can squeeze in commercials that most people just skip through. How about showing a full match and not editing but use these on-screen ads that can't be skipped?

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It will be interesting t see how things develop for FOX Deportes now that the Champions League is going to be on Univision.

They will have to focus on Libertadores and Sudamericana & hopefully do things much better.

gringolimon repped this.
  24. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sitruc repped this.
  25. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+