The Fox Soccer Era

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by tsun23, Jul 27, 2014.

1. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't believe Fox bumped Mex/Germany to FS2. Are major WC matchups and games going to get bumped to FS2 next summer? Will the USNT get bumped to FS2?

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The World Cup is much different than a Confederations Cup match.

3. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least Fox streamed it on Fox Sports Go for people who don't have FS2. At least for me, I don't have access to FS2 on my cable and was able to watch it there.

4. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #679 LaxBandit, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  5. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Redbullsnation2012 and sitruc repped this.
  8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. And FIFA was right in doing so! Rupert Murdoch would've probably gone nuts on them, had they not offered a bargain basement price, after the Qatar scheduling f-up.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I heard somewhere that they didn't even give ESPN a chance to match or offer more than FOX; if that's true I don't think ESPN would've thought of suing and FOX wouldn't have had to give a "discount". In fact, this would have led to the creation of more ESPN channels and thus, one step closer to the prophecy being fulfilled: "The Ocho (Espn 8)" :thumbsup: I just can't get enough of it.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  10. jeromelewis70

jeromelewis70 New Member

DC United
    United States
    Jun 17, 2017
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know what ever happened to the College Games of the Week that Fox Soccer use to do?

11. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA-Nicaragua is tomorrow 7pm on... FXX. Really. FXX!

At first I thought this was lame. Couldn't it be on FS1?... nope an MLB game then. What about FS2?... Formala E racing... huh, what's "E"?

Anyway then I remembered that FS2 is NOT HD from my cable provider, but FXX is! So I guess I'm more a fan of this decision now.

But still, it's a little odd that a critical game for USSoccer is not on one of the mainstream sports channels.

Maybe they assumed that USA would've easily clinched their spot in the Gold Cup knockout rounds before this final match against little Nicaragua? You know what they say about when you assume...

12. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    For the games you want to watch that are on FS2, you can bring it up on your laptop via FoxSportsGo and then connect your laptop to your TV so you can watch the game in HD on your TV.

Since the game will be televised on FXX, does anyone know if we will still have access to it on FoxSportsGo?

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Fully electric vehicles.

It's a lot quieter.

14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #689 NorthBank, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Thanks. But hooking up my laptop to TV with a long HDMI cable I do very rarely... it's a bit of a pain, compared to switching TV channels on your remote. ;)

But since you mentioned Fox Sports Go, I decided to check that. I thought you had to pay to use it (maybe that's years ago?)

When I opened it, I was forced to update it, then I got a black screen. So I tapped menu, logged in with my cable provider account, then I got 2 conflicting messages: "Error: Could not create registered session" and "You are authorized to watch this content". And when I went back to their home screen it was still black.

Again, switching channels on your remote is usually a ton easier and more reliable than trying a disparate variety of streaming mechanisms. Some day maybe that won't be the case, but in 2017 it sadly still is.

MetroChile repped this.
  15. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not when you do it wirelessly (see below) unless you don't mind so much the Standard Definition vs HD... or did you mean switching to Univision Deportes HD channel?

Sorry to hear you are having problems. For example, right now, I'm able to watch FS1 on a HDTV right now by sharing my laptop screen (FoxSportsGo.com) with the TV without any wires (both laptop and TV have screen mirror/share cast capabilities) and it's streaming flawlessly.

NOTE: I'm at a place that doesn't have FS1.

16. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you tune into FOX’s national network Saturday looking for the United States Gold Cup match, you’ll instead find boxing.
    Flip over to Fox’s primary sports platform, FS1, and you’ll get a Rangers-Royals baseball game. The secondary sports channel, FS2? An obscure auto-racing circuit (on tape). FX, an entertainment outlet, will carry “Star Trek Into Darkness.” (86 percent on Rotten Tomatoes!)

To find the Americans’ match against Nicaragua in the Group B finale, starting at 7;00 pm ET from Cleveland’s First Energy Stadium, you’ll have to locate FXX, which is part of the family of FOX channels in cable or satellite packages. (FXX does have a soccer history; until September 2013, it was FOX Soccer.)

What appears to be a broadcast snub - FOX is kicking the United States match into channel oblivion? - is actually a better setup than appearing on FS2 and almost as good as FS1. FXX is available in about 80 million homes, FS1 around 85 million and FS2 approximately 50 million. The challenge for FOX is making viewers aware of a soccer match on a non-traditional soccer/sports channel. And the challenge for United States supporters is finding FXX.

This will help: DirecTV 259 - DISH 125 - Verizon 191, 691 - Comcast 727 - AT&T 128, 1128. These, of course, are the English language platforms. Spanish coverage is available on standard outlets: Univision and Univision Deportes.
    LIVE Streams: Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer Match Pass (formerly foxsoccer2go.com), Univision Now, Univision Deportes en Vivo, fuboTV and univisiondeportes.com.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-on-different-channel/?utm_term=.7e7ef0ed23fa

18. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To find FXX in your area - http://www.fxnetworks.com/settings/channel-lookup
    Type in your Zip Code and then select your TV Provider via the drop down menu.

For some reason Spectrum is still Time Warner Cable there.
    Spectrum is my TV provider - I looked it up and FXX is on Channel 109.
    Although theres a chance I'll be watching the match at my Aunts - she has DISH - so its Channel 125 there.

19. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Any chance that FOX or ESPN3 will show the third-round of Champions League qualifying next week? Some good contests: Ajax v Nice, Celtic v Rosenborg, etc.

MetroChile repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  22. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    As of right now according to their TV/Stream programming, I'm afraid not. I checked Univision and Bein (though Fox and ESPN has the U.S. broadcasting rights till 2018) and no luck either. I recommend you check out rojadirecta.me. Good luck.

BocaFan repped this.
  23. DeargGerilo

DeargGerilo Member

Mar 16, 2017
    The DFL-Supercup will be on the main FOX network and FOX Deportes.

8/5
    2:30PM
    ET Borussia Dortmund v Bayern München

EvanJ, HomietheClown and LaxBandit repped this.
  24. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am having trouble to watch Fox Deportes on https://www.foxsportsgo.com channel is not there anyone having this problem also? of course I am subscribed on dish for this channel but cant find it on the site

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think there is an option/settings issue. You may have to select Fox Deportes to be viewed in the menu since they hide it by default.