The Football League Championship was on BeIN

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by QPR Kevin H, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    5 days til The Championship season kicks off and no sign from beIN that they'll be showing matches from the first Saturday.

http://www.beinsport.tv/tv-guide

Here's what beIN (English) lists:
    09:00 AM - Liverpool Fan Plus Bayern Fan
    09:25 AM - (Live) Soccer games at club and international level.
    11:25 AM - (Live) Soccer games at club and international level.
    01:30 PM - (Premiere) Soccer games at club and international level.

Here's what beIN (Espanol) lists:
    08:55 AM - Beckham: Su RetiradaDavid Beckham listo para su retirada tras dos décadas.
    09:25 AM - Toda la acción de los mejores encuentros de fútbol.
    11:25 AM - Toda la acción de los mejores encuentros de fútbol.
    01:30 PM - Fútbol Español Liga Adelante Encuentros de la segunda división del fútbol español.

Not many clues there, other than the Spanish Second Division reference (a league that does not start til Aug 18th). They could be showing some useless club friendlies in those slots though - Liverpool v Olympiakos (Gerrard testimonial) and Arsenal-Napoli (kick offs at 9am and 11:20am).

beIN could show Burnley v Bolton at 7:15am ET then one from the following at 10am:

http://espnfc.com/fixtures/_/league/eng.2/english-championship?cc=5901

No sign of Derby-Blackburn coverage on Sunday either :thumbsdown:

2. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    You're jumping the gun.....beIN won't be publishing their schedule for next week (Sat through Fri) for a couple of days from now. Also, in the case of the Championship, it is a good iddea to check what is being shown in England (Sky Sports) since, unlike the Premier League, not all matches are televised for international viewers. This weekend, Sky has Burnley - Bolton at 7:15am (ET) on Saturday and Derby-Blackburn at 11 am (ET) on Sunday.

And speaking of beIN England coverage, Sky will be broadcasting League Cup matches on Monday (Preston North End v. Blackpool) and Tuesday (Morecambe v. Wolverhampton) , both at 2:45 pm (ET). Let's see if BeIN picks up these matches.

And although beIN is not involved, the Scottish Premier League begins this weekend and Fox Soccer Plus has live matches on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They are:

Friday- 2:40 pm Partick Thistle v. Dundee Utd.
    Saturday- 12:10 pm Celticv. Ross County
    Sunday- 8:10 am Hibernian v. Motherwell

3. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I did check - see post. These matches were announced by The Football League and Sky weeks ago. And in my experience, all UK televised Championship matches are available for intl distribution + at least one 3pm UK kickoff (FS2Go used to show them, think beIN even picked some up last season). I can understand if beIN had blank spaces for "soccer" at 7am and 10am for The Championship, but the fact that they have some Liverpool programing at 9 and two spots for soccer after that makes me think they'll show friendlies. Who knows, we'll see.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nah, I really don't think it means anything. Last week, for example, as late as Wednesday afternoon they had nothing on their schedule indicating that they would show Russian league games, but after the update on Wednesday night/Thursday morning it was revealed that they were indeed going to show 2 RPL matches.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  5. Alothi

Alothi Member

Sep 16, 2003
    I also want to see Championship football. If anyone finds out what BeIn will show please post here. Agree, all I see on my cable guide is what you list here and on their web. Lets see. Would like to know before though....

6. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The BeiN play website reflects that Burnley-Bolton will be shown on the BeiN streaming service (currently available only to to TW and Brighthouse subscribers), and QPR-Sheffield Wed. will be on BeiN Sport. Derby-Blackburn on Sunday will also be on the streaming service.

http://www.beinsportplay.tv/schedule

QPR Kevin H and bigtw64 repped this.
  7. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real top notch, on the ball operation your friends in Miami are "running."

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    In the end it doesn't matter. Not like we need to know 3 weeks in advance what 2nd division English games they will show. I mean is there major planning involved in watching futbol that I'm not aware of?

PS hope you are enjoying reruns of Europa League and Gold cup games on FOX this week. ;)

9. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it does matter, because it is symptomatic of the absolute amateurism that permeates that operation. But for some reason, you continue to defend the undefendable. It really discredits anything you have to say around here.

And why do you think I am a huge Fox supporter? Have you missed all of my critical GuJo posts in this very forum? FSC has never been perfect, but they could at least compile a schedule more than 12 hours in advance. My God, NBC had released its EPL schedule thru Thanksgiving. BeIN can't tell us what it is showing on Saturday.

daniloni repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Neither can GolTV.

11. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Then it's settled; they both suck.

QuarkspaceDotCom and daniloni repped this.
  12. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I hate fox soccer. I think its low rate and filled with talentless hacks. However I will say that they did update their schedule way in advance. I know that Bein is showing the Trophee des Champions match this saturday so why wouldnt they put that up there?

13. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In GolTV's defense, the Argentine league sometimes changes the game times a day or two before. This week Gimnasia-River was originally schedule for 5:30 pm pacific and was changed to 2:10. (My ESPN app still shows the game on at 5:30.) So they pass along the league's lack of professionalism on to us. And it also affects the rest of their schedule. No excuse for BeiN on the League Championship, since the games that would be televised in England have long been set.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They haven't posted any of their Saturday schedule as I'm typing this though. Can't blame the Argie league on that ...

15. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what does GOLTV's ineptitude have to do with BeIN's ineptitude? Really poor job of deflection there, BeINFan.

cescfabregas repped this.
  16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Schedule has been posted. Three Championship games to be shown this weekend, including the QPR match against Sheffield Wed.

The question is, is 60 hours enough time to prepare for turning on the TV and finding a place to sit in front of it?

Redbullsnation2012 and Minduchio repped this.
  17. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Credit where its due. Good to see Bein employing the delayed full match airings and not skipping them or making them 30 min highlights! Same goes for the 2 Russian matches on Sunday. Hope they do the same when the season is back in full swing!

BocaFan repped this.
  18. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Shit, now I actually have to watch us play :eek:

QuarkspaceDotCom repped this.
  19. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The website livesoccertv.com is showing that Bein Sport will be showing Morecambe v. Wolves on Tuesday and Carlisle United v. Blackburn on Wednesday, both for the League Cup. I'm not seeing either game listed on either BeiN website (beinsport.tv or beinsportplay.tv) and the DirecTV guide shows the Tuesday game but not the Wednesday game.

20. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    beIN's English channel has a live Championship match listed for Sat, Aug 10 at 10am ET. Here are the matches the Football League could send their way...

Blackburn Rovers v Nottingham Forest
    Blackpool v Barnsley
    Bolton Wanderers v Reading
    Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County
    Charlton Athletic v Middlesbrough
    Huddersfield Town v Queens Park Rangers
    Ipswich Town v Millwall
    Sheffield Wednesday v Burnley
    Watford v AFC Bournemouth
    Yeovil Town v Birmingham City

Might go with Bolton-Reading, we'll see.

21. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette

Newly-promoted Yeovil v B'ham would be my pick...

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  22. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Im pretty sure thats just a placeholder that they can and usually do change when the real schedule comes out. Im sure theyll show some Championship this week but I wouldnt put too much faith in whats listed on their guide until they announce the actual match theyre going to show.

23. tideman

tideman Member

Aug 11, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

For what it is worth, Sky in the UK isn't scheduled to show a Championship League match on Saturday, rather a League 2 match between Accrington Stanley-Portsmouth at 7:15 am EST. However on Sunday they are scheduled to broadcast Leicester City-Leeds United at 11:30 am EST.

24. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    FWIW Al Jazeera +3 is showing Yeovil-Birmingham on Saturday, so that must be available for international distribution.

25. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    beINSport-1 will show the Leicester City v Leeds United match live on Sunday at 11:30am ET. This should be the only match from the Championship this weekend (unless they add some delayed).

They have picked up the Manchester City v Arsenal (10am) and Liverpool v Celtic (12pm) friendlies for live broadcasts on Saturday on beINSport-1.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com