The Final Hexagonal Part III [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by EvanJ, Nov 20, 2008.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA World Cup 2010: CONCACAF Stage 4 (Hexagonal) [R]

Yesterday's games determined that Mexico, Honduras, and Trinidad and Tobago will join the United States, Costa Rica, and El Salvador in the six team Hexagonal where every team plays ten games. The Hexagonal starts in February and ends in October. The schedule will be made in two days. The top three teams qualify and the fourth place team plays the fifth place CONMEBOL team.

2. Bread Bin

Bread Bin New Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Re: FIFA World Cup 2010: CONCACAF Stage 4 (Hexagonal) [R]

ooo exciting stuff:)

3. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
  4. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: FIFA World Cup 2010: CONCACAF Stage 4 (Hexagonal) [R]

Yeah, I'd read it would be shown live on Fifa.com, but I can't find it on their site. I'm just searching everything I can find for the results now.

5. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
  6. eyemeagalot

eyemeagalot New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Club:
    Palm Beach Pumas
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ok seeing as the previous two were locked, lets please try to keep this one clean of insults, and 4 year old little girl fights. please.

7. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Re: The Final Hexagonal Part III

off topic posts like the one above will be removed
    offensive posts will be awarded with cards
    thank you

8. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As a Yank I feel we have a very good chance of winning all of our road games. The last time we played in costa rica we were already qualified for the cup and for reasons didn't send our strongest team which ended up with the US getting smacked. Azteca is the only game that will be a game that we are most likely not to pick up 3 points, but how many teams will? I wonder wut are the chances of your country winning their toughest road games in the hex?

9. ibanez06

ibanez06 Red Card

Jan 1, 2009
    Vice City
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

real low morado......

btw what games going to be the best?? on feb 11?

i think honduras in costa rica will be the best first game.

i think mexico can draw in ohio and el salvador wupe TNT in salvador

10. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

I don't know about that the concacaf has gotten better has whole. you guys might even lose 1 at home. El salvador yea. Mexico, Honduras I don't think so.

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

lol

12. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

It looks like you have that the wrong way.El savador is not going to wupe anybody in this group.

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

i will be surprised if ES makes more than 10 points in this hex, they dont have any easy game at home or at the road

14. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR

Typical from the US, then when results don't come as planned, blame the ref!

15. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A very good chance! :eek:

If we have a 60% chance of winning in Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Trinidad, and a 90% chance of winning in El Salvador, that's an 11% chance for winning all 5! Only Costa Rica could win their 3 semifinal road games, and that was against 3 cupcakes! The US only won 2 of 3 semifinal road games. The US will advance, but, at times, it ain't going to be easy.

I think they'll all be great games. Make that battles! None will be pretty, but they look like the beginning of the struggle for 1st, 3rd (most important), and 5th in the Hex.

The game in Costa Rica does have the most on the line!

16. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

U must have us confused wit mexico lol

17. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That was a different player pool with less talented players. It will obviously be hard but there is a chance, the only obstical is Azteca.

18. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Salvador will be lucky to win a game let alone whoop someone, even if its TnT

19. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

no no, you guys do it more.:D

20. benitoelwerito

Nov 10, 2004
    Toluca
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

eh, let us have our moment. i just think it's amazing that we're still in contention. i thought Panama was going to take us down, yet we were gonna go down with guns a blazin', but we're still here. at the moment, we're all at zero, so that gives us a chance to think: well maybe ES will have some luck at finishing (alluding to how many times the post saved CR in San Salvador : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYnFumOjRe8&feature=related"]YouTube - EL SALVADOR 1 VS COSTA RICA 3 ESTADIO CUSCATLAN[/ame] ), then maybe we can think of possible big wins at home.
    Also, with Miranda in the ranks, I'm pretty sure our defense is only going to improve from here on out.

In regards to TNT, the last time they beat us was when two of our defenders were red-carded (before that happened we were owning them) that's when they came in and scored 2 goals in like 10 mins (it was 1-1 before that). I'm rather confident that we'll beat them at home.

The US: from what I saw in their away games in the 3rd round of qualifying, I'm not too worried about them beating us in San Sal. Guatemala handled them pretty well, but never finished when they should have. If we take care of our finishing, we may be able to pull off a win, but a tie is more than likely in this situation.

In Costa Rica: I'm sure we'll get dominated in this game and rely on a counter-attack. We've picked up some damn fast forwards in Ayala and Zelaya (maybe even some help in Alvarez if he's allowed to join us), so I'm confident we'll be able to set a good counter-attacking pace. Nevertheless, I'm confident we can come out with a tie there as well.

Mexico: this one's hard to predict, only because Mexico has been up and down. Still; even if they are down, they're still very capable of taking a win from us. I don't see us beating Mexico at home for some reason. Maybe it's the hegemony they've exerted on us for so many years. Maybe a tie, cus Mexico cannot afford to lose to us at all (their media would roast them on a spit), so I'm sure they're gonna bring everything they've got at us.

Honduras: This fight is gonna be fun. I have a feeling Suazo is going to give our boys a really hard time. I say we edge out Honduras only because their inconsistency solidifies in this last round.

Laugh if you want, but all I ask is that you show some sort of respect.

Happy hunting

21. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago

Thanks for showing us how bad El Salvador is on corners and crosses. I will forward this tape to the TTFF.:)

BTW El Sal had one player sent off so did we. Sid Gray (theT&T Capt) and most caped defender also got sent off. So sounds to me that we owned you on that day.:p

22. SocaWarrior23

SocaWarrior23 Member

Jun 7, 2007
    College Park MD

In regards to El Salvador, the last time we beat them we did so with our B-Squad most of those players wont be starting next game so well see how much you own this team.

23. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

Another hater, you should be more respectful to teams that actually advance over yours. dont worry we have till feb 11 to find out.

24. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

You are correct. But honestly Tnt doesnt have the midfield that even Costa Rica has. Tnt will not that many corner kick opportunities because they will not have that much possesion. I see EL Salvador at least having 58-42 % advantage. Don't forget EL Salvador's defence has been good enough that it's safe to say Tnt is not going to have more 4 or 5 shot oppurtunities through the whole game on feb 11. It's all about who takes advantage of theire shots. Tnt can win with fortune on their side because El Salvador is a good but not a super-dominating team, even at home. May the best team win .

25. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

You know he's a US supporter right?