The Fight

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by in da soup, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, the worst is, I come to my laptop here, and lo and behold, I find the flag burning pics, and that just topped off a rotten evening for me. Surely you understand my disgust.

I think it's just human to ostracize the minority, man. Yes, I agree, it IS unfortunate.

2. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Fact is, we'll never know exacly what went on after extra time. I just watched the shootout again and when they show the rest of the German team lining up to watch the spotkicks, they are constantly looking at what seems the Argentine bench, as if they were yelling at them. The next thing the camera captures is Borowski's hand gesture and subsequently Argentina's violent reaction after the shootout. We can make of this what we will, Argentines saying we started it, and us saying the reverse. In the end all we can go by is what we see.

3. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's funny what the eye sees when there is no objectivity! All we Argies saw was Germans starting shit, and all you Germans saw was Cufre kicking Mertesacker!

It IS regrettable, in the end. I was saddened after the match and my experience was less than desirable afterwards. The flag incident capped it all off and sent me and I suspect several others, over the top. It was all uncalled for.

4. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well alright, I think this discussion has reached its peak, let's not say anything more that would kickstart another argument.

Anyway, I wish your team the best, you really have some of the most talented players in the world and you can only go up from here.

5. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, my two cents? Germany had best step up on the gas in the next match (by all means I imagine they will) because Italy is a different kind of opponent, and the friendly you had makes me think you guys don't have their number yet.

Good luck to you too.

6. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I respect Cufre because he has been going through a lot with the death of his father and all. Argentine are hotheaded ? How can you define an entire population with one word ? I do not know what to say about the Germans then :rolleyes:

But who cares ? The World Cup is all over now and the best team is not even in the semi-final. The fight is over. Some will get a ban or whatever the hell Fifa decides while the German players get away with it. Lets leave it at that.

Just ignore the idiots on this forum. The internet is full of tortured souls, you should not give them attention because they will feed on it.

I am more interested in the summer transfers than in discussing this game. It is over. I am hoping for a Tevez and Mascherano move.

7. soccerocean

soccerocean New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    USA
    I have had some heated debates with fellow Argentine fans regarding this topic. Argentina DID NOT LOSE due to any outside forces other than the play on the field. We were 10 minutes away from victory, and I will not accept any cop out excuses for why Argentina did not win. The game was played fairly, tough, but fair. After game antics are another issue, and I do think our boys could have shown more restraint. Still, a great team, and it hurts to lose in penalties while having players like Aimar, Messi and Saviola watching from the bench. Now, with all due respect to our German hosts, I do hope for an Italian victory!!

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually I didn't intend to make any posting here as I know that it makes no sense to discuss with such narrow-minded guys like you (thanks God not all Argentinians are like you)! But I thought I should advise you to watch the extra time for a 2nd time before making such unfair comments!

Germany dominated the 1st half of the extra time and Argentina the 2nd half. And don't forget we played with quasi 10 men cause Ballack was injured. Your fault that you didn't take profit of this...

This was definitely my last posting. How I told you before, I've no problems with Argentina (I talked to so many of your fans)...but some of your players lost my sympathies. To be a great football player, also means to show dignity in defeat (look at Ronaldinho or Zidane).

Ciao

@ Da soup

How often shall I tell you that Borowski only reacted on the insultings from Maxi? If you don't believe me, you can watch it on a clip.

9. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Guys i was watching Argentina against Germany on big screen. we were sitting just next to German fans and we were acting gently throughout the game. but as soon as we lost on penalties we were all qutie, we were sitting on our seats and was really tense and everyone were looking eachother if anyone can help. and suddenly 2 German fans approached us, and they began to show their teeths smiling and showing disrespect to the Argentinian fans they started shaking hands( that hand saking was not as friendly as it should have been, they were there just to show they defeated us). and i shaked their hands even though i knew their intentions, my friend did it too, and as he walked towards other fans, they got kicked by some Argentinian fans. and those 2 ran towards their seat again.

this is very true thing that happened on that day and i feel this is the same thing happened on the field. if you try to provoke a mass, there are some who will just ignore it but there are also some who will not tolerate it. our some players choosed not to tolerate it, that's why they choosed to fight with the Germans. If those 2 German fans won't have approached us and tried to provocate us then we would have just sit there for hours without causing any harms but those 2 fans got some kick because they asked for it. they have also some responsibilty for that fight to occur.

I know our players has the big responsibility for that fight. no matter how much they were provoked, they should have kept their cool and just ignored it. and it was even worst when Maxi punched that guy. but Fifa declearing every German players clear to play and acting as if they don't have anything to do in that fight is just ridiculous. Remember, we need 2 hands to clap, and we need to parties to fight. that fight won't have taken place if only Argentinians were looking for it. atleast 1 German is responsible for that fight.

10. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    i disagree here. Heinze is a tough guy and a fighter on field. but that doesn't mean he is hothead and is ready to fight. Just 1 situation taking place in Germany infront of their crowd and one small clip showing Heinze in bad mode doesn't prove Heinze is hothead. He has changed completly after his move to old trafford. i have seen in many Argentinian and MAnU's games, Heinze settling disputes between other players. After seeing Heinze acting the way he did against Germany, actually makes me Believe that German were not nice to the Argentinians, otherwise Heinze would have been stopping them not looking for a fight.

11. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    great post, ILF.

come on italy, don't just beat the lousy germans, humiliate them, then when they have lost, taunt them, we'll see how they react.

i have never wanted a team to lose so badly as i want the germans to lose, not after what they did.

you don't taunt a group of players who are on the verge of being knocked out of the wc, especially when you're in front of your own supporters and have just converted a penalty kick.

it's the biggest act of cowardice i have ever seen on a football pitch, it even beats the german keeper's brutal attack on the french guy who was going to score in the 1982 semi-final, which almost killed him, no lie, almost killed him, the only reason the germans ever made the final.

as i suspected, sir manchester, you provided no proof, only boring and tedious ramblings, as well as links to your imaginings.

i don't care about the myths you and your fellow germans perpetuate, i only believe what i see or hear with my own eyes and ears.

you on the other hand, are v selective in what you choose to believe, choosing only that which vindicates your flimsy argument.

you should be a far-right politician, or a religious cult leader, so naturally does it come to you to lie thru your teeth and try to convince the masses of your outright lies.

the german players heard taunts from the argentine bench?

do you seriously expect us to believe this?

have you any idea of pekerman's reputation?

no figure in world football is more synonymous with fair play than peker, he has won 3 fair play awards, he has said those are equally as important to him as the trophies he has won, our team was impeccably behaved throughout the tournament until borowski chose a v bad time to start acting the tough guy.

what were these taunts from the argentine bench anyway? answer this if you're so informed.

i doubt our players speak german and i doubt your players speak spanish.

even if your players could have heard anything from the touchline, which is unlikely as there were 70000 screaming germans in the place, how do they have any idea what our bench was saying and that they were talking to them?

am i being too logical for you?

like i said, nobody has seen any footage of any argentine taunting, yet you are too small a man to admit it, this tells us all we need to know about you.

you, borowski, and the german stadium announcer (sacked by fifa) are all the same: bad winners.

here's hoping italy teach you how to take a beating.

12. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Guys nothing we say here is going to change the result, they did beat us fair and square, thank god the ref didn't help them like the one that helped them against Ecuador, at least we lost fairly. The reaction in the end was bad and makes us look like sore loosers, I'm sure fifa will sanction our players, and those include cufre and maxi rodriguez for their stupid reaction but Frings is already sanctioned and is going to cost them.I think there needs to be a change in the way our team behaves in WCs. It's not a war only a stupid game, maybe the pressure on our players was such that made our guys nervous and this is why they facked up. This time Argentina made it further than last time because they had a lot less pressure but as they won, everybody in the press inflated them and they started playing as if they already won, and ended up loosing.I liked what Pekerman did with the team and hopefully he will continue.

13. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    they took us to penalties fair and square, cordobesen, just like you i will never blame the ref for our defeat.

however, borowski acted v unsportingly BEFORE cuchu took his kick.

nobody can call that fair.

however, we failed to beat them over 120 mins and we can have no excuses for that.

14. SlickRick

SlickRick New Member

May 21, 2006
    your sisters place
    I can imagine why the Argentine players were so angry!! Argentina has shown in the past that they are great ´´losers´´. When they beat england in 1998 after penalties they shown some respect to the english players who have missed a penalty. The WC is the biggest and most emotional event in the world. Getting knocked out by penalties is the worst thing on a WC. The Germans did not treath the Argentineans with respect, especially not after the penalty shoot-out. The Arg. were very emotional after the penalties, so it´s not strange that this happends.

15. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home
    So you find it OK to beat and kick someone because he provoked you, but you don't find it OK to make a 'gesture' because someone provoked you??? :confused:

16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    IDS, I want Germany to get to the final, cause I want to see them get hammered by France who can finally get revenge for one of their players being almost murdered on the field of play by the German goalkeeper back in 1982.

17. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    bad luck, leon:D ;)