The FC Tokyo Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by dokool, Mar 3, 2010.

1. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You're just being a concern troll now and it's getting old.

The soccer mags are passing judgment on off-season acquisitions. FCT has apparently made the grade in Soccer Digest, rising from 78 to 83 points and getting the only 'A' ranking. Though granted, the next highest score is Verdy with 68.

SakaDai's proposed 11:

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Roberto (Pedro Jr), Hirayama (Takamatsu), Pedro Jr (Yazawa), Kajiyama (Uesato), Yonemoto (Hoberto), Ishikawa (Otake), Nakamura (Uesato), Konno (Nagira), Morishige (Hiramatsu), Tokunaga (Mukuhara), Gonda (Shiota)[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

Based on this it does seem like Hanyu and Suzuki could be on the way out... maybe as a summer transfer?

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nah man, you'll be in JFL in two years ;)

3. tokyobairn

tokyobairn New Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Please Lord!

4. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thinking about it some more after picking up Soccer Magazine this morning, which I guess I won't be buying much of this season because they only gave J2 teams 1/4th of a black and white page in their coverage. Their depth chart is more or less identical to Digest's.

In terms of being on the bubble, I'd say the players with the biggest potential of being sold midseason are Kajiyama, Suzuki, Hanyu, and Hirayama, in that order.

Kajiyama: On record as wanting to go to Europe over the summer. England/Spain/Italy/Germany are probably out of the question but a league one of those countries with a funny language might show enough interest.

Suzuki: Aging striker who's adequate for a fill-in or super-sub role. He's not a horrible player, and he can probably perform for a J2 squad, he's just not going to accomplish much more for Tokyo.

Hanyu: Aged and showing it. Can't play a full 90 minutes anymore, and injuries are always a risk. He's not quite at the Kazu or Gon stage of irrelevancy and would be a great leader on the pitch and in the locker room for a J2 squad... or even JFL, if it came to that, but I'd put decent money on this past season having been his last in J1.

Hirayama: The least likely to leave, but two attacking Brazillians and Takamatsu added to the squad means that he's on the bubble. We need that big-man presence, but if a two-Brazillian top scores 3 goals a game I wouldn't put it past the front office to rent or sell him. At this point he and Ishikawa are the faces of the franchise (for better or for worse) but I think there'd be less negative fan reaction were Sota to leave than if they showed Nao the door.

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    FYI, Hanyu too has hopes to emigrate. I know that for sure (seen CV around...)

Kajiyama would fit greatly in the Albanian league, imo.

Sorry for trolling, Dok, truth is I can't leave without you, and you never post in the Sanga thread... ;)

6. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, earlier someone posted a YT compilation from his agent, but let's be serious. No top-division European team is gonna pick him up. Maybe the MLS if he's lucky but I just don't think he has the stamina anymore.

7. tokyobairn

tokyobairn New Member

Feb 9, 2008
    He wasn't bad in the Emperor's cup semi when he came on to be fair. But apart from that horrible is exactly what he is. Not being able to run straight with the ball or pass more than 10 yards I would say is a major disadvantage for a professional footballer. 0 goals in 14 apps this season. Total for FCT is 5 in 55 games.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Man, I'm watching the Ligue 1 every week, and Hanyu could play in a lot of teams. There is never enough skilled players.

9. tokyobairn

tokyobairn New Member

Feb 9, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  10. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    A picture is worth a thousand words...
    [​IMG]

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  12. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    another blow for Tokyo

Yonemoto injured his knee today, might miss out for a long AGAIN :(

13. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Never mind, they're going to win EVERY game... :p

14. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Second-worst injury reaction I've seen w/ FCT, with the worst being when Nao did his ankle in back in '09. Yonemoto was on the sideline just slamming his right arm into the ground over and over again... painful to see.

The team even took the time to make a news post essentially saying "he's at home and he's not getting an examination until tomorrow," which I don't remember them doing unless it's a really bad injury.

You ask me I don't think he takes the field again this season. I sure hope that's not the case but if so it's utterly tragic.

15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Gosh, oh not again... That's awful luck :(
    I REALLY hope he can make it to London... Ganbare!!

16. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You were right, Yonemoto is out for the rest of the season, needs about 8 months to recover they said. Poor him, out like 2 seasons in a row and he is just 20y old. :(

17. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYNuutqP7Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYNuutqP7Y[/ame]
    BTW this forum needs a heart emoticon.

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  20. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005
    Yeah sank you Sakata last minute stuff lol but sank you Nagasato on loan [​IMG]

21. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Lucas is ecstatic on the after game show at the moment, teasing the interviewer, grinning his ass off. It seems his grasp of Japanese is very good, although he answers (mostly) in Portugese. Congrats to him and FCT on their return to the J1.

22. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Congratulations for F.C. Tokyo. They made everything easier this year.

23. ShevaDani

ShevaDani Member

Jul 14, 2009
    MIGHTY EUROPE:D
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Welcome back into the big boys league!:D

24. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  25. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkW1p5POm_M"]2011????????FC??VS??????1 - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome back to the big show, FC Tokyo.