The England 'Other Sports' thread

Discussion in 'England' started by Marcho Gamgee, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah but not to be funny, even though Ireland have been off form for a while, I still didn’t see that result coming. We really need to see these second tier Nations kick on and keep improving if we’re going to expand the game in terms of quality globally.

2. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Gutted they came up short in the Rugby World Cup, particularly as England were tipped as favourites going into the game but RSA were better on the day. If you had said before the tournament they would make the final I'd have taken it - best tournament (including 2007) since they lifted the trophy and I don't recall a better performance (I'm old enough to remember the Five Nations) than the elimination of the All Blacks.

Now I'm hoping the weekend isn't all bad for English sport and Lewis Hamilton becomes a Six-time World Champion.:cool:

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Fury by points! Unless Wilder can knock him out but just have a feeling Fury will do it.

4. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I thought the outcome would either be Fury on points or more likely Wilder knocking him out but certainly didn't expect to see Tyson dismantling him like that. Wilder can request a re-match so there might be a trilogy of these fights.

I'd rather see Fury v Joshua at Wembley.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I guess it looks like the re-match will happen but I honestly don’t think the outcome will change. I think Wilder should enter the ring in his Speedo’s this time though we don’t want anything weighing him down before the fight starts. ;)

6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Just seen this. Disqualification?

I thought you get docked a point or something if this happens.

thebigman repped this.
  7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    dbs235 repped this.
  8. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    He played to a pretty high level when he was younger. I think he was in one of the counties youth systems.

9. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Didn’t know that but rewatching I guess you can sort of tell. Nice left arm technique.

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Quite interesting but I’m pretty sure Phil Neville was a shit hot at cricket also and was in the Lancashire youth ranks and from what I heard he would have made it to professional level no problem, before he committed to football.

11. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
  12. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    I know this isn't football. But Emma Raducanu winning the US OPEN as a qualifier
    is one of the biggest achievements in British/English sporting history.

Wendigo7, thebigman, dbs235 and 2 others repped this.
  13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    First proper Autumn International tomorrow, England v Australia! I actually do love rugby Union so am up for this game but it’s against a weaker than usual Aussie team and we’ve been hit with some Covid withdrawal’s. Looking forward to seeing the exciting Marcus Smith at fly half but Manu on the wing is baffling but maybe Eddie knows what he’s doing idk.

14. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    She's got my vote for Sports personality of the year.

After an abysmal Six Nations to win all three Autumn fixtures was a pleasant surprise. What was really good is seeing him freshen up the side with some of the younger lads taking their chance like Bevan Rodd, Blamire, Quirke, Marcus Smith, Marchant, Malins and most of all Freddie Steward.

Also a mention for the Women's team who've won 18 on the spin including 100 points in two games against NZ. All of their games this autumn have been broadcast live on BBC and more than a million viewers tuned in against Canada.

15. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Anyone been watching this years F1? Yesterdays race was f***ing mental.

16. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Not that anyone cares on here but the FIA are a disgrace..

17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It was daylight robbery to be honest, not sure what the hell went on whilst the safety car was out!

Gaz811 repped this.
  18. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Basically they charged the safety car rules on the last lap of the last race of the year. Like charging the offside rule in the last minute of a world cup final because its 0:0.

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Whenever we complain about whatever squad and team Southgate picks, he’s got nothing on Eddie Jones ( Rugby Union head coach ) who just picks very strange teams and squads! He really has to go because god help us if he’s still leading us to a World Cup with the players he has at his disposal.

20. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I doubt he will be sacked until after the next World Cup. International Rugby managers rarely leave or get sacked between world cups anyway.

21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Will be better for us if he’s sacked after the France game this weekend because he’s just holding us back. He really needs to go……

22. Wendigo7

Wendigo7 Member+

Bournemouth
    England
    Mar 31, 2015
    Poole
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Henry Arundell - that is unbelievable. Try of the decade, maybe of the century.

CAP HIM NOW EDDIE.

If you don't it's gross negligence

Gaz811 repped this.
  23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, get him capped before those pesky Welsh or Scottish try and grab him via the granny rule!

24. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #124 Slater582, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    Well Arundell did get picked for a training camp. Although Eddie Jones has had the likes of Nick Tompkins, Johnny Williams & Cameron Redpath involved before so I'm not counting any chickens.:rolleyes:

Nice to see Cokanasiga has returned. Aside from Arundell some other interesting uncapped players like Barbeary, Van Poortvliet, Dingwall & Will Joseph.

After another grand slam it's now 23 wins in a row. World Cup is in October.:sneaky:

25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well, I’m sure Eddie will do something weird and play him at flanker or something :confused: