Sir Bobby & the rest - thread for ex-Utd players or products

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Mar 31, 2008.

1. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's absolutely mad. 5 years for a 29 year old who biggest spike is heavily focused on physical attributes. At 250k/week??

No thank you.

Chaz Striker and MizzouMUFC repped this.
  2. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed. That deal makes us look good. We absolutely couldn't pay him that unless we wanted to further screw our wage structure.

3. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The ONLY way that contract makes sense would be if you're a team already really close to likely winning a championship/CL and you're just missing 1 or 2 key ingredients.

4. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even then, is Herrera that guy to push you over the edge? I don't think so.

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have no real idea what Herrera was offered by United, much less what he would have accepted to stay. The rumor is that he was offered a pretty ridiculously low sum. Given what he's done, particularly since Ole came over and compared to others, he had every right to expect a solid increase in his salary.
    I would have absolutely no issue if he was paid around 200k/wk by us: he became an undisputed starter after Mourinho left and one of our best performers. It would have been one thing if we would have seriously strengthened the midfield after he left, by bringing in some top shelf talent. But we didn't even do that and as it stands, our midfield will be weaker for it going into this season.
    I'm pretty confident that if United had made a fair offer, even if it was less than the 250 that PSG offered him, he would have stayed. As it is, if PSG want to give him crazy money, that's their problem. But what was he supposed to say: no? And conversely, if Herrera tried to hold United over a barrel and ask for insane, over the odds money, which I have a tough time believing in, then it is what it is and it's United's prerogative to not pay him silly money. But again, they still didn't replace him adequately, so what's the point of letting him go ultimately?

thenamestsam and Anonymous_United repped this.
  6. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    This!! All of this!!

Anonymous_United repped this.
  7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anonymous_United repped this.
  8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    The absolute state of people dismissing Herrera.

He got hurt. We went tits up.

Our midfield will miss him tremendously. He will be harder to replace than Pogba as a CM by a mile.

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruce in line for the Newcastle job.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...wcastle-latest-steve-bruce-takeover-transfers

Not sure what Bruce is thinking taking this job. Even Big Sam turned them down. Not to mention, additions for the upcoming season will probably be very limited, despite having lost 2 of their best attacking players (did not buy Rondon following his loan stint and Perez left for Leicester).
    Rafa did well to keep them up: as things stand, they have to be among the favorites to go down.

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Deadtigers repped this.
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4288 Ashur, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019

Probably the biggest opportunity he's had recently to really get his career back on track at the highest level. Fingers crossed he embraces it fully.

14. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Yeah we keep saying that but i dot think he will ever get things back on track.

Deadtigers repped this.
  15. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why fingers crossed? ******** that guy. He beat his girlfriend and her mother and threatened them against testifying against him. Hes also being pretty openly homophobic. Aside from being a terrible person, hes wasted all his talent by being a lazy, entitled piece of shit.

I hope he blows it. Most people dont get second chances and hes on his 5th or 6th chance despite never doing anything to deserve them. He can get fecked.

Deadtigers and Anonymous_United repped this.
  16. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He allegedly beat his girlfriend.
    What he was actually found guilty of was throwing her phone out of the window.

And witness intimidation.

Also the lazy tag is actually lazy on your part. No one has ever complained about him being lazy. NO ONE!

These days, you're considered homophobic if you dont celebrate LGBTQD, so whatever.

17. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He did throw his girlfriends phone out a window....and was found guilty of intimidating a witness in a robbery. And then in a separate incident years later charged with assault against his gf and her mother (although charges were dropped in that I think).

His manager at Lazio openly criticized him by saying he was unprofessional in training and refused to learn Italian (which is laziness). Then Allardyce I think called him the biggest waste of talent hes ever seen.

As far as your LGBTQD comment, he called a bunch of people "f@ggots" on Twitter. Its not like he refused to march in a gay pride parade.

All this aside, are you just trying to argue details with me or are we trying to say hes actually a good guy that deserves another chance?

18. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Like i said he isnt guilty of assault.

Allardyce is a crook. Anything he says about Ravel should be ignored. Allardyce tried to strong arm Ravel into choosing Big Sams friend as an agent. When Ravel refused, he froze him out and started to talk shit.

Dont forget, Ravel was actually very good with West Ham until Big Sam ********ed him over.

Im trying to say he deserves a chance at this level. You can cry about all his past transgressions (when he was a ********ing teenager), but Im rooting for him.

19. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree to disagree. I think hes a piece of shit that's had enough chances.

20. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I think you just have a lot of hate in your heart.

21. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha, yes that must be it. My cold, black heart cant find a way to love a guy thats homophobic, violet, and probably abuses women. May God have mercy on my soul.

22. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You know the homophobic part doesnt matter.

You know violet is a cool color

You know youre wrong about the probably beats women part but because he's black you will carry on with it. You can take the hick out of Missouri, but you cant take the Mizzou out of the Hick

Chaz Striker repped this.
  23. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here we go with the Missouri shit. Get a different shtick instead of jumping on board Chaz's tired routine.

Don't be mad because I'm rich, white, smart, educated, and good looking. I can't help that I was dealt a good hand and God blessed me with all this talent. :D

You're just peanut butter and jealous.

24. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I started it.

25. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh so Chaz stole it from you. Sleeping in the parking garage and taking credit for others work. Typical Chaz.