Sir Bobby & the rest - thread for ex-Utd players or products

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Mar 31, 2008.

1. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Deadtigers and Anonymous_United repped this.
  2. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Dont wana create unnecessary storm here but we should have never sold him ...

Deadtigers repped this.
  3. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Definately Suarez. The most complete of the above players. Freekicks, headers, both feet, consistent finishing, etc. Playing for Liverpool and Uruguay didn't help his cause. And at Barca even if you outshine/score Messi, you're not going to get the same recognition. Lastly his discipline, prior barca, has cost him recognition by some so called pundits who don't want to give him anything. Personally would have taken him at my club with all his baggage .

4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hate PaddyPower and terrible interviewer, but always great to listen to The King :)

Anonymous_United repped this.
  6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    He is part of the Moyes-LVG-Jose Cock-up era of player mismanagement.

8. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Throw Giggs in a mix aswell he was nr 2 and touted to take over from LVG so gotta had a say in it.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3984 Ashur, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    My next job will be at a club with the right structure and I don't want conflict - Mourinho

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...interview-next-job-will-club-right-structure/

Lol, will believe it when it actually happens. Not the first time after all that he said what people wanted to hear from him (his first presser as United's manager is .
    proof).
    As stated before, there is still a good coach in him, if only he shows himself willing to adapt to the times and change his ways to a certain extent. Coming back to United, what Ole has done in a short period of time, with the exact same players, is very telling and Mourinho really should reflect on where it all went wrong (if he had the humility to entertain he did anything wrong, that is...).
    It's even more ironic when he was the one who reportedly baulked at the idea of Woodward bringing in a DoF.

10. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My God Eric looks ancient.

11. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    you know, i don't look at players, actors or other celebrities that are of that generation because it highlights to me that i am also getting old(er). that can be quite depressing sometimes :(

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3987 Ashur, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    And then you look at someone like Samuel L Jackson. When I saw him yesterday at the Oscars, I thought he looked fantastic for an older guy (just because I'm aware he's been around for what seems forever, career wise). Looked up his age, thinking he was at most in his early 60s (again by virtue of how long he's been around, not his looks) and the guy is 70 right now. Yet he looks 15yrs younger easily.
    I try and take care of myself but I can only pray I will look as good as he does when I reach 60, let alone 70. But I guess it's correct what they say about us and how we don't crack... :cool:

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1100398159082057728 is not a valid tweet id

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rossi looks to be the latest player linked to a move to MLS. He's now training with LAFC, with talks of a possible move there. The Galaxy are said to be possibly interested as well.

15. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    jnielsen repped this.
  16. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was thinking a couple days ago but it's ironic we sold him. We could use him in the squad now with all the injuries!

17. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There will always be times when we need bodies due to injury or other factors. Only then we usually think about him. Same for Darmian also. When situation goes back to normal, they both are still the guys that are seen as not matching our criteria for starters. So better to sell. for us and them.

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still think Darmian could play a bigger role under Ole. It looked to be headed that way but an injury stopped that dead in it's tracks. With Valencia leaving as well, unless we actually bring in another FB to supplement Dalot, I feel there could Darmian could be of some use to us for another season.

Deadtigers repped this.
  19. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    why? we're OK in midfield

20. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When lingard mata and herrera came off injured. And I think he could be an option as a SS in some situations

21. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Deadtigers repped this.
  22. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Very honest interview from Michael Owen on the mental issues of dealing with his injuries - having had a serious injury that I had a lot of difficulty dealing with mentally I really feel for the guy.

A lot is made of dealing with the physical nature of injuries, but the mental impact is often far worse.

He mentions the surgical changes in dealing with some of these injuries, but looking at our recent spate of hamstring injuries and thinking back to the way for example Liverpool would give their fast players extra rest-days / different training to protect feels like there is still some ways to go on preventing these types of injuries to these types of players.

23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He makes some very valid points, as it is something that can be very hard to deal with emotionally (the feeling of powerlessness can be a lot to deal with in those instances). But at the same time, this is precisely why I said back then that his comment about how Klopp should have instructed Pool players to kick Rashford's ankle knowing it was already hurt, were extremely egregious and straight up hypocritical.
    He explained himself following the backlash but it was for the birds as far as I'm concerned. It's just baffling to me that someone like him, whose career, in a very real way, has been seriously affected by injuries, could come out and say something like that.

24. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wasn't a fan of how he said what he said. It was the 'if I was Jurgen Klopp I would ...' that gave the impression he endorsed it (which I don't think he intended but was very badly stated).

No manager would actually say 'kick him', they say stuf like 'get tight' 'get in their faces' 'let them know you are there' etc.

However, it does happen and we all know what they mean - it did happen in that game. As Ole said post-match they definitely targetted Rashford the whole game (as we have done in the past - eg when we targetted Reyes vs the Invincibles).

25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to RvP for getting to over 200 league goals in his career. Got a hattrick today for Feyenoord for 14 total this season at 35yr old. Class is permanent.

Deadtigers and jnielsen repped this.