Sir Bobby & the rest - thread for ex-Utd players or products

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I really hope he try his management skills and see how deep this coaching ocean goes .. Henry has been terrible , Neville was disaster despite his flattery post match analysis. Roy keane did decent.

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As previously mentioned, there are things that GNev I strongly disagree with. But his passion and deep care for the club can never be questioned.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  4. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I mean, I don’t recall exactly, but all this jazz about “the man has lost his job” and Pogba “dancing on his grave” seems very hypocritical. Gaz and other old heads were calling for LvG to get sacked. Does that not qualify as a man losing his job. Isn’t it worse to wish for a man to lost his job than whatever the hell Pogba posted? GTFOH.

I prefer my United oldhead to be a Rio Ferdinand. Great player and still a great fan. And not in the same entitled sense that some of the others vibe. Rio is that guy and was even when he played here and was rejected of the captaincy.

johno, benni... and jeff070 repped this.
  5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1076053532325937153 is not a valid tweet id

7. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Keane is such a miserable human being. For a guy who literally walked out on his world cup squad to criticize players for downing tools is the height of hypocrisy.

johno, Naboomagnoli, gatekeeper2 and 2 others repped this.
  8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  10. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Wishing speedy recovery. Guy could have fit in under Ole..

Deadtigers repped this.
  11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jaap Stam is back in coaching, having taken charge of PEC Zwolle in the Eredivisie. Good to see him back in coaching: he did well for a time with Reading in the Championship.

Deadtigers repped this.
  12. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done on Ronaldo, but his and Messi's goal tally over the years is just proof what a joke defensively La Liga really is.
    Ronaldo will not even come close to that amount of goals this season in Serie A in all likelihood.

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deadtigers repped this.
  15. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    No buying Laliga defensive jibe, Ronaldo at Juve is in complete different dimesnion and he is more of Winger in Juve setup than finisher at he was Madrid plus there is huge diff class of players at Madrid. Ronaldo Messi have both scored for fun in CL against top teams too so your defensive analysis on laliga is unwarranted.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  16. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    More due to him missing games than anything.

johno and Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's good because I'm not selling anything. I've never once denied that both Ron and Messi are exceptional scorers, who played in superb teams. But that does not change the fact that La Liga is notoriously a haven for offensive minded and technical players, where such players can post incredible numbers because the defending is more lax than in other top leagues, and also the fact the officiating clearly gives offensive players an advantage as well.
    Ronaldo often played off the flank at Real so his position really has nothing to do with this. Neither he, nor Messi would score as many goals in La Liga or in the Prem, as they have, year in year out in La Liga.
    At the end of the day, the records are what they are and Ronaldo, plus Messi both have enjoyed tremendous success when it comes to scoring goals. But it needs to be put in its proper context as far as I'm concerned, that's all.

18. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was being sarcastic. Not sure how many footballers can keep up with that level of consistency.

benni... repped this.
  19. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Ashur if you look at total numbers of goals scored in Laliga and EPL there isnt much diff.
    Laliga 16/17 1118 Goals at 2.9 Per Match
    EPL 16/17 1064 Goals at 2.8 Per Match

Laliga 17/18 1024 Goals at 2.69 Per Match
    EPL 17/18 1018 Goals at 2.68 Per Match

Although such analysis requires much broader data coverage (than 2 yrs) but Madrid Barcelona have been best team in Europe for >Last 10 yrs and their CL trophy haul proves it. My point is you look at team lile City or Pool who are scoring goals for fun because they have assembled an quality offensive squad or atleast starting 11 better than rest of 18 teams. Its easy for Barcelona and Madrid when they have best forwards, Midfielder and Defenders not only of league but of world. If you setup team like Pool Citeh have done no matyer which league you play in goals are bound to flow.

Coming back on Ronaldo i have watxhed at least 4 games where Ronaldo has been shunted out wide on leftside and its Mandzukic who is lurking in middle on middle right with Dybala who mostly operates at 10 (with maximum freedom) that makes run for final ball and ronaldo is operating in more of a genuine winger with limited freedom and doesnot enjoy same free role he had at Madrid plus there is a diff of quality between Madrid and Juve and Allegri is no attacking manager. Despite that Ronaldo still has scored 15 goals and more importantly 8 assists which furthur highlights his wing play. So its quite possible Ronaldo will not match messi or lead the scoring charts in europe top 5 league unless team is moulded to workaround him which ofcourse Messi will continue to enjoy.

20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Deadtigers repped this.
  22. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mourinho waiting for that Real offer, lol... Which could be getting closer after they lost at home to Sociedad.

In the meantime, Rooney....

www.bbc.com/sport/football/46777318