The Emre Racism Accusation(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by tigerdave, Jan 18, 2007.

1. okoyel

okoyel New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    I personally believe that Emre has been racist. He is known to have a short temper at times.

2. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now everyone with a temper is a racist? Seriously, what kind of logic is that?

3. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

No but short tempers usually reveal the true feelings people have, then they fly off the handle like kramer did and show their true colors wich is he is a bigot and racist as they ********ing get
    This isnt the first nor last time that anger will be used as a x ray tool to reveal feelings of racism or anyother discrepancy in feelings towards others

4. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    If having a temper makes you a racist...guilty.

5. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now Dr Blanko, what are your professional thoughts on El Hadj Diouf, serial spitter and wife beater? Is he racist because he has short temper and beat his wife when he was angry? Howabout Craig Bellamy, who got pissed that he was called out by a teammate and beat him with a golf club? Racist? Lets try Pasacal Chimbonda who likes to bitch slap opponents, or Roy Keane, Eric Cantona and the "Great Vinnie Jones," short tempers all; are they racist as well?

6. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Lets be honest nothing is "certain" in profiles of people, If you actually look at the facts and profiles of most of those people you described,
    "dear pupil", you will find most of them hold some kind of hate towards a certain "type" of people
    Look im not making these things up buddy:D

7. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You are making the mistake of equating tempers with racism, rather than tempers bringing out what someone is really like.

8. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thats sad you "really" did have to point that out
    smh:(

9. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Your point being that Emre COULD have a Temper and not be racist, correct?

Or am I making the mistake in assuming that the meaning of "having a short temper" as Dr Blanko put it, and "having a temper" as you put, are not equal things?

10. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make sure you keep it on topic, please.

11. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If he is racist, the time for him to show his true colors or for racist remarks to come out would be when he is heated, most people with anger problems have some kind of prejudice even though they dont say it
    even if he claimed that he wasnt and said some things racist when he was angry
    Do you think people dont think Kramer is gay now:confused:
    People think honestly
    "thats the way this asshole felt the whole time, we only seen a glimpse of it when he got angry"
    "true colors"

12. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Whatever....:rolleyes:

13. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to an online source that I can't be bothered to remember at the minute, Emre's personal hearing is Mar. 19.

14. okoyel

okoyel New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    come on, don't twist my words. Im just saying he is a fool at times and he is always involved in fights. Like in Turkey v Swiss he had to act a fool and get himself banned for 4 national games.

Im just saying i don't like the guys personality. But i hope those allegations of him being racist are not true.

15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto.

16. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    He wasn't the only person involved in that fight btw.

17. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow, i didnt know a fight was possible by yourself,
    I mean if im in a fist fight it is usually with someone else,
    So someone else is always involved in my fights, the thing about them is
    ,"who started it":confused:

18. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    He certainly doesn't have a perfect track record.

I'm relatively convinced he made these remarks.

19. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that he kicked a puppy and knocked the ice cream out of a babies hand in the process.

20. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll whatever happens in the FA meeting I can say almost without question his people have handle this situation in the media very poorly. His agent all but admitted some sort of comment was made and there hasn't been any positive press coming out of his camp with the exception of Clarence Seedorf and the Turkish coach which didn't get much exposure in the press. If I was Emre I would fire my agent and hire a PR firm to help wage the battle in the media. At least try and solicit some positive comments from Oba (his supposed former/current roommate) and other teammates. Maybe issue some sort of public apology regarding cultural differences/language barrier without acknowledging actual guilt and take part in some voluntary anger management classes.

I think all parties involved will try and get this sorted without Emre be branded a racist. That is if Emre comes clean to the FA and shows his willingness to change his behavior.

21. okoyel

okoyel New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    yeah i know that he was one of the 6 players involved in the fight. I know Emre is one of our best players and i don't want his career to be ruined like Alpay.

22. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Yeah you are spot on. It has been handled beyond poorly, and I can only question why half the things you mentioned haven't already been done. It could be that he wants to leave England, and sees this as his way out, but I would bet against that theory. Hopefully this all gets sorted out, and I hope that he isn't a racist.

In addition, people make stupid comments from time to time. While the comments are disgusting and unacceptable it doesn't neccesarily make him a racist if he said them. Still, I'd like to see him gone if it is the case.

23. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally agree and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Everton players drop the case if Emre was willing to make some concessions in private during his meeting with the FA. I don't think Emre is receiving good counsel at the moment and may come to that meeting with the intention of grandstanding thus forcing the FA to make an example out of him. I honestly believe that the FA would rather have this case sorted out in private and I hope for all parties concerned that it is resolved quickly regardless of the outcome so that both club and player can move on.

24. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well his hearing is tomorrow.

25. mdfc

mdfc Member

Jul 12, 2004
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Soccernet:
    Meanwhile, Roeder, chairman Freddy Shepherd, chief operating officer Russell Cushing and senior midfielder Nicky Butt were all attending Emre's personal hearing as the 26-year-old midfielder fought an FA charge of using racially aggravated words and/or behaviour during his side's 3-0 Premiership defeat at Everton on December 30.

NickY Butt? Is he there to say what he saw/heard? A character witness? Bizarre.