The Emre Racism Accusation(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by tigerdave, Jan 18, 2007.

1. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Or Diouf wasn't even abused at all and finally figured out making up a story isn't worth it. I'd be interested to see what the Watford player has to say, but I doubt they will release it.

2. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look he's to busy beating his wife alright. A man can only to do so much with his time.

3. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    maybe he said something, maybe he didnt... but he dosent speak english very well so that has to be taken into acount.

the watford player should have said something before now, before everton for me to belive him.

if he said something he should be punished, but it dosent mean he is rasist. being rasist is when you hate someone based on thier color or creed before you get to know the type of person they are. if u drop a rasist slur it dosent mean u are completely rasist.

as a victim of both slurs and actual violance because of my race i can tell you that there is no cut and dry answer to the question is emre a rasist. just beacuse u call someone a rasist name dosent make u rasist.

4. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Were you abused for being white or orange?

5. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    being white, in a huge mexican/black city

no one says anything to me about being orange, 95% of the population of america dosent even know what that means, i mean i attended catholic school for 5 years:rolleyes:

6. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Yea, when I was in Fresno over Christmas some guys heckled my when I was walking into a Best Buy. 4 Mexicans all dressed up in their garb. Real tough guys trying to call out a guy walking with his 9 year old brother. :rolleyes:

7. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either way if dropping racial slurs is part of his game then I don't want him wearing the shirt.

8. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    This is what I don't get. He has teammates that are Black and Latino yet he's painted as some racist monster. I doubt his teammates would tolerate this crap and Oba especially as he seems very opinionated a lot of the time.

9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When i played high school football I would get called ************ at least twice a season by players with black teammates. You should know you can't hear everything on the field.

Also name one player that has come out and publicly defended Emre.

10. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    He probably got away with this in Italy for years.

And his teammates probably treat him like that uncle we all have. You know the one who grew up in the 50's or 60's and still drops the N-bomb at Thanksgiving and Xmas gatherings. Everyone just tut's their head in shame but no one wants to really confront him about it.

Else, he could just be saying something in Turkish that sounds like a slur. It worked for Piotr Nowak last season in DC :)

Thx,

Jay!

11. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my ass kicked out of the DC board that day.:D

12. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Yea, I agree you can't hear everything but 3 accusations? Surely, somebody heard something or don't you think one of the people accused would have mentioned it to a teammate of his during the course of the game of after? And I mean are you suggesting he acts cool around his teammates and then turns all Strom Thurman when he gets out on the field? Doubtful.

If he did it get him off the team, but I'm a big believer in innocent until proven guilty.

13. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why I'm not surprised no one from the team has spoken up in his defense because the players know what happened. Yobo is Nigerian and I bet you he's talked to Oba more than a few times since that incident.

I mean really all it would take would be Oba and/or Dyer stepping up and saying they love Emre and don't believe he's racist to really help take some of the steam out of this in the media.

14. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Agree, but maybe Glen and the club told them just to stay out of it. Not likely but just a thought.

15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anything I would wager the clubs PR department is practically begging the black players or any players to come out in the media with some supporting statements about Emre. If you think about it for a second it's England for ******** sake they will report anything a player says as news and we've heard silence from his teammates.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2024797,00.html

It looks like the Watford player has no witnesses so no chance of that charge but Yobo has two Lescott and Howard.

16. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    ------->

I gues, you missed this message,at back of this thread.

17. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    However, his former AC Milan teammate Clarence Seedorf did immediately speak up in Emre's defense when the Everton allegations first came up - and unlike Martins or Dyer (or those associated with the Turkish national team who also defended Emre) Seedorf really has nothing to gain from doing so.

18. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's are his current teammates in this matter? Where's Oba who played with him at Inter and with the Toon? Read between the lines the silence is deafening. Sorry but somebody explain to me why no current teammates have come out in the media to help him?

19. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe Dyer and Martins know what Emre said and don't like it? Seedorf was in another country when this happened not on the pitch on Merseyside.

20. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    You weren't on the pitch in Merseyside either, but you've already made up your mind that Emre is guilty no matter what anyone says. If Dyer and Martins did hear what Emre said and didn't like it, I would think they'd be more likely to speak up than they would be if they didn't hear Emre's alleged remarks. I would think they'd want a racist off their team as quickly as possible.

Guilty or not, I don't recall any teammates sticking up for Duncan Ferguson, Peter Schmeichel or Steve Harkness when they faced the FA for racism charges. Racism is a very sensitive situation, and I doubt anyone wants to be seen publicly sticking up for someone who has been accused of being racist - even if everything they know about that person has revealed no racist tendencies at all - because if that person should be found guilty it would make them look racist (or just plain foolish) as well.

The silence of Dyer and Martins doesn't either confirm or dispel Emre's alleged racism - it just means they haven't said anything yet. There could be any number of reasons why they haven't said anything yet - maybe they just don't know for sure what happened either way. Maybe they'll come forward with their thoughts after the decision is made.

But if Emre is the racist monster that you think he is, why would have roomed with Martins all this season?

21. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Show me were I said Emre was a racist monster.:rolleyes: My problems with this situation is one certain posters want to right off what he said as cultural differences which imo is complete BS. Two if he did say something to Yobo than I don't think he should be wearing the club shirt. Three if he didn't say something then I still don't want he on the club simply because I doubt his commitment to the club and I think he has an eye on a transfer to Germany or back to Turkey.

Whether you want to admit it or not 5 players have made statements either in the press, through their respective clubs or as in the case of the Watford and Everton players directly to the FA and that shows a pattern. It's up to the FA to sort it out from this point. Now my opinion is he should go back Turkey were his game would suit that style of play much better and we can pursue a better player and person to represent NUFC.

Everyone has an opinion and that's mine. Don't like it tough, I don't really give a shit either way what you or anyone else thinks about my opinion, because until you've been in Yobo's situation you don't know how it feels.

22. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You further illustrate my argument. Well done.:rolleyes:

23. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
  24. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you for admitting that your motivation has something to do with the fact that he's not playing to your standards.