The Emre Racism Accusation(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by tigerdave, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's rich now it's everyone fault except Emre's. Maybe it's Yobo's fault for being black?

2. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe not during a soccer game, unless ultras hide one for you in the stadia, but in a round of golf it would be easy...

3. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One goal in 28 games can surely be improved on.

4. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So your point is you should be able to racially abuse players on the pitch without punishment if you can hit someone with a golf club in a hotel room.

5. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, my point was to be sarcastic. Really the golf club incident is totally unrelated and has no point in this discussion.

If you look back in this thread, I never once defended Emre or racist comments, so you need to calm down.

6. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Um no.
    ...And I really take serious offense to the reverse victimization you manufacture from that post.

Please dont be one of those posters who does not read a post and jumps to a conclusion based on a personal bias. Please I know your posts and you're not like that.

It was in answer to this question by Tigerdave:
    In no way does that equal blaming it on someone else. It gives motive as to why people are coming out and persuing the matter as they are doing.

If Emre is a racist, throw the book at him.

These discussions go nowhere but bad quickly.

7. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys I'm sorry if I misunderstood your posts. I'm just firing back stuff to further the conversation. I don't think anyone one this boards condones what was alleged to be said by Emre.

8. Wiggen

Wiggen New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Olympia, Washington,
    It depends who is referreing. There are a handful in the Premiership who wouldn't see it.

9. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I'd just like to say I don't approve of racially abusing anyone, but has anyone thought maybe people are being a bit harsh on Emre because he's Turkish? And everyone automatically thinks they are racists? Just a thought.

10. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't particularly know what's going to come of the he-said, he-said, they-said crap that's going on and on, but there's far more going on than what's being reported, of that I have little doubt. I guess we just wait and see, but at any rate, Emre's as good as gone in June so I just hope it doesn't become a major distraction from the run-in.

11. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    You make a good point.

12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be inclined to believe it might me be a mistake if it was only one incident involving one player, but three separate incidents involving four players. :D C'mon I just find it hard to believe all these black players have it in for some average Turk midfielder.

13. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    How far apart were the incidences?

14. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Maybe he did abuse all of them, maybe he didn't. As far as I see there are 3 average players accusing another average player. Might be possible he abused one of them and the others saw the opportunity to be involved and gain a little publicity from it. That might be a little random but seeing as how this story seems to be unfolding I wouldn't put it past any of them. I'm just not so quick to condemn him as nothing has been proven outright.

15. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I wouldn't call Emre an "average" player.

16. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I think of him as better too and was just going along with Jaypro's calling of him average. However, to be fair this year he has been just about average.

17. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One goal in 28 games for a box to box midfielder strikes me as average for the Premiership.

18. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Having an average year doesn't make you an average player though.

19. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imo he's been average since he's arrived on Tyneside with some flashes of brilliance here and there. He'll do much better in Turkey or Germany.

20. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Official Club Statement

At this point, all the chatter points to him getting done. Whatever the ban was going to be, they probably should have accepted it once he was injured so they could get some use out of him before the end of the season. Now he'll probably get something like 6 games and won't play. And he's probably gone at the end of the year as well.

No big loss, when it's all said and done.

Thx,

Jay!

21. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
  23. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think i am going to write the FA and claim he racially abused me. Something like "he looked into the TV screen and I could read his lips, calling me all sorts of anti-American slurs." Maybe I could get my 15 minutes of fame and a few thousand pounds...

24. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rack 'im.

EDIT: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JaredSS07 again.

25. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it means he doesn't want to pursue it. Diuof probely doesn't give a shit about what Emre said and doesn't want to be bothered with the formalities. Diouf's already did enough damage to Emre through the media anyway.

Emre's ********ed anyway you look at it with just the Everton incident alone. It's his word versus two other players and if the Watford player has one witness willing to support his statement Emre will be up for charge two.