The Dutch Women NT Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Oct 31, 2014.

1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dutch nr 10 Donk had a nice action there. Depay-esque

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Melis agitated. Good.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oef, I wanted to have that one at least on goal. Corner, goes beyond second post. Need to see it again yo know who it was.

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    NZ is really working their hight advantage. Every corner they attack like their life depend on it. Just knocked out the Dutch keeper.

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too much back passing. They should stop watching Daley Blind.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    BOEM.

What a beautiful goal. Distance shot in the right corner. Take that. NZ is certainly equal, if not stronger so far. Good to score with so much pressure. Now use this to get on top.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dutch keeper is small, but I still like her.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So funny. Before the game starts I hear that NZ is opportunistic and psychically strong. Well the last point is correct, but the most opportunistic is the Netherlands, who like to put in some counter balls on fast players up front.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There is no good connection between attack and midfield. Miedema is too isolated.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holland are starting to stamp their authority on this match now

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Possession:

Holland 60%
    NZ 40%

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Still think first half is for NZ

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, well. Second half was certainly for NZ. Pressure, corners and what not. 3 points, but I wished we had done that with better football.

15. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Always nice to win the first match.
    Great goal bij Lieke Martens, our first women WC goal.
    2nd half was not good but glad they managed a clean sheet.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They defended just well enough but this will not be good enough to progress very far in the tournament. Things will have to be ratcheted up several notches. Still, it was a very enjoyable match. I don't envy those of you in Holland have to stay up all night long to watch these matches!

DRB300 repped this.
  17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Defense got off to a nervy start, but then settled down and played really well.

It was their first WC match ever, so I will cut them some slack and I think things will improve from here on out.

I know they can play better then this

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Still, I expect more athleticism from the women. Better quick feet. Better passing ability. Higher handling speed. They intended to build up from the back, but had no answer to the early pressure as a result of that many balls were blindly kicked forward and failed to connect. So much work is ahead.

It is hard to accept that many mediocre national sides with men football are much better than the Netherlands in women football. I mean NZ? NZ deserved a draw here, brought the game to the Netherlands and were simply stronger the second half. Made Netherlands play bad football. That is unacceptable. We should dwarf these kind of nations.

Again, so much work ahead us. This is our first WC. Netherlands came from far, were late to the game of women football. Women football had a bad association for long. Was not considered a women sport. Not feminine enough. In the informal banter circuit, women doing it were considered the wrong kind of lesbians with short hair and manlike behavior. I am happy that the era of stereo typing is over and that we have moved on to taking it serious. Growth of football in the Netherlands comes from women participation and is even the fastest growing sport under women IIRC. Good sign. We will need to make the talent pool bigger to become a force in football as well.

I think the world is waiting for a strong Dutch NT, like we are at men football. We add to the color of the sport, literally and non literally. We have the coaching, infrastructure and size of a country that can make the international competition better, which can lead to more popularity of the sport world wide. However for the Dutch women to honor the beautiful Orange shirt they must command respect with their brand of football and ability in the small spaces. Not being able to football out of the NZ pressure is a huge sign of how many steps this team has yet to make.

sXeWesley repped this.
  19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think that we should make a big plan to catapult Dutch women football, like the volleyball team did when the won the Olympic title in 1996. They need to come together much longer or even a whole year and play against top resistance. At least the girls playing at club level in the Netherlands. The reality is that a men team of lower caliber will already be too much for women football teams, but that is good for them. The U19 NT team of the men will already prove to be too much. I think we must make a plan from the KNVB and force top klasse teams to play 1 game in their season against the women NT. Only by playing against better teams the women can make a lot of improvement.

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can we at least not celebrate our Lionesses first WC win?? Yes it wasnt pretty, but they did have some good counter-attacks, and 3 points is 3 points.

Very effective defending as well, NZ created almost no chances once they got into the box

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes we can:

https://vid.me/J1M9

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Let's go.

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Great, now the Chinese also press as they probably saw us against NZ not being able to deal with that.

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Full stadium .... not

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bit better now