The Dutch Women NT Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Only reacting to your previous quote. I doubt that even the German women would consider the Euros a little fluke of a tournament.

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're probably just not enough into women's football to know that it was in fact a fluke. You know, Denmark 1992 style.

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stupid comment, but then you are stupid so its no huge surprise.

Dutch women NT wasnt really competitive until about 10 years ago, so to win a major tournament within a decade is a real achievement

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you need to look at the broader picture of all European women's football -not just your NT- to asses that. Please also leave the insults out, you are better than this.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I guess we will see which team does better in the upcoming WC.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What broader picture would that be?? Women's football has only gotten better and more popular in last decade, that makes their Euro win an even better achievement

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh, Im right with you there. You will be doing comparably well. But I found it presumptuous to win one fluke of a tournament and then go into another expecting to steamroll over everyone else.

Ok let me sum this up:

1. home field advantage
    2. big favorites(England/France) take one another out on route to final
    3. biggest favorites(Germany) fields once-in-a-generation bad team and coach
    4. weather chaos
    5. abysmal refereeing
    6. then 12th FIFA world ranked ranked team wins tournament, something that had never happened before

I´d call that a perfect storm

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^I think you are minimizing the quality of the Dutch players. Martens is as good a wing player as anyone around as is van de Sanden who was good for Lyon this season, and Miedema is an outstanding striker. There are some good MFs also. Dutch do not have great depth and the back line is not the quickest. Still there is quality with this team and Sarina Wiegman is a good trainer, certainly better than Jill Ellis of the US NT.

9. We just won Eurovision Song Contest:)

10. We will have that in France too. Just a few hours drive across the border. All our matches are sold out.
    Plus we have Makkelie as VAR referee.:devilish:

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He won't get any of the Dutch games. He's also one of the best VAR referees around and might get the CL final.

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #412 White/Blue_since1860, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Im sorry, but for me there is only Jackie Groenen :inlove:

[​IMG]

13. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jackie Groenen was my favourite player on the team until she signed for United.

This Dutch team is no fluke, and they didn't win that tournament on fluke either. They firmly outplayed their opposition, including one of the 'pre tournament favourites' in England en route to a 3-0 win.

I don't think that the Oranje ladies will steamroll but they should be among the favourites in the tournament.

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'd call that perfect bullshit.

1. homefield advantage I'll grant you
    2. we beat England
    3. stop making excuses for your German team, they werent very good
    4. weather is one of the oldest excuses in the book
    5. another lame excuse
    6. they are currently ranked 8th, but those rankings are outdated and not accurate. They realistically are about 5th or 6th best in the world right now (probably closer to 5th). To get a better idea of who the real favourites are just check the online betting sites: http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-ca/betting/e/13969283/Women's+World+Cup+2019+-+Outright.html

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont think one can take this post as an argument, sorry. Again, Im sure you can do better(without bullshit, lame excuse et al)

16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    England had to slug it out with France. Playing and beating France almost always leads to getting knocked out in the next round cause you have to run twice as much closing the gaps. One could see they were very weary. Examples, Germany 2015, Canada 2016 and England 2017.

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Another one of your stupid responses. You're the one who needs to do better

18. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #418 Frysk Bloed, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Sounds like an excuse to me. If they can't get up for a semifinal how were they ever going to win a final if they were tired after one game? Austria even finished ahead of France in the group and England walked their group with no issue...if anything they were completely fresh going into the game against France.

It was 3-0 and the Dutch were clearly a class above. They'd both played plenty of games to that point. They didn't lose because they were tired they lost because the Netherlands were better. They also followed it up with a great performance in the Algarve Cup 2018, destroying Japan and beating Denmark en route to being named champions.

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It happens all the time that tournament favorites get kicked out. So, do you think it is a coincidence that soccer competitions are run in a league mode were one or several game flukes are evened out in the end? I got another example btw. Denmark in 2013. It's a pattern you cant deny.

Also, winning Algarve is not a thing to be proud of when like 4 of the 5 best teams arent competing there any longer. It's the new Cyprus cup.

You may react like this cause you think I want to take something away from your Euro win. To be frank, thats not the case. I just wanted to put the statement "we're gonna win the WC" a little into perspective.

20. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I jumped in mid conversation so I don't know about the 'we're going to win the WC' stuff, but I think that it's fair to consider the Netherlands among the favourites. They are among the best in the world at this point, I would say along with Germany, France and the US.

21. For you I've got a treat:
    https://www.ed.nl/sport/prachtige-jeugdfoto-oranje-sensatie-jackie-groenen-opgedoken~a2d0f20a/
    [​IMG]
    Een 12-jarige Jackie Groenen omsingeld door jeugdspelers van VV DESK. © VV Riel
    Prachtige jeugdfoto Oranje-sensatie Jackie Groenen opgedoken

RIEL - Jackie Groenen is hot. Als sterspeelster van de Oranje Leeuwinnen is ze bezig aan een fantastisch toernooi en bereikte ze de EK-finale. Oorspronkelijk komt de international echter 'gewoon' uit het Brabantse Poppel. Nu is er een schitterende foto opgedoken waarop de Leeuwin op de voor haar typerende wijze in actie te zien is. Als 12-jarige jeugdspeelster van amateurclub VV Riel.

Redactie 04-08-17, 20:12 Bron: ED

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oranje is my 2nd team actually. But no, I disagree that they are amongst the world's top 5. Germany as of now also not. Not that it would matter in a tournament format.

23. New
    https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/wo...teams-to-target-from-advanced-computer-model/
    If I get it right they donot give the Orange lionesses much of a chance to win the WWC2019.
    USA 2-1
    France 7-2
    Germany 11-2
    England 7-1
    Japan 14-1
    Netherlands 14-1
    Sweden 20-1
    Australia 20-1
    Brazil 20-1
    Canada 20-1
    Spain 25-1
    Norway 30-1
    Italy 50-1
    China 50-1
    South Korea 60-1
    New Zealand 60-1
    Scotland 100-1
    Argentina 100-1
    Chile 100-1
    Nigeria 250-1
    Cameroon 500-1
    South Africa 500-1
    Jamaica 1,000-1
    Thailand 1,000-1

@Brilliant Dutch Good odds to make a bang if the Orange Lionesses win it?

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They are joint 5th favourites with Japan to win the Cup. I'd say thats about the same odds as Oranje men's team gets (or used to get....LOL).

Good odds?? I personally wouldnt make that bet.
    Quite risky in my opinion. Picking France is safer

25. Mmmm, think the French ladies are going to buckle under the home expectations stress.
    Do I get 14 €€ for 1 if the Orange Lionesses win?