The Dutch Women NT Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Missed the extra time but France were the better team in the first 90.

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yup!!

France destroyed them in first 90!!

But in typical German fashion.
    They win it in 90th minute

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Of all the teams I've seen in the tournament, the les mademoiselles de bleu played pretty much the closest to the Dutch style of football. I hope the Oranje Lionesses watched and learned from this match. Elodie Thomis on the right wing was an absolute terror, running past every German defender at will. I wish Ajax had a winger with her speed! Anyway, too bad the best team didn't win but that's football for you.

USA ladies were much better last evening as they finally put a fast team out on the pitch. I'm reasonably certain that they will handle Germany in the semifinals next week.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No shame in losing to Japan. They are just to solid as a team. Hardly troubled at all by Australia

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    US finally getting tactics right and playing a 4-3-3 against Germany. Had the better of the play in the first half but couldn't score. I have a feeling this will go to extra time

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anytime Germany loses its a good day for Brilliant Dutch :D

USA deserved this win as well. They are better team. Congrats to you Americans who post on this forum :thumbsup:

Looks we'll get a repeat WC final between USA and Japan

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Two bad calls on the penalties by the official but US clearly the better team. I think Germany was also tired from their extra time game against France

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Japan getting nuked for the 3rd time

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    4-0 at 16 minutes and Carli Lloyd with a hat trick. Unbelievable

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  11. There are a number of (former) Orange players moving into the USA women competition, I learned from their sites. They already play abroad, so the move is from a European league into a USA league. I have no idea of quality levels of those Euro leagues compared to the USA. So also not an idea whether it is going to help the Orange Lionesses to improve their competitiveness.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The US women's league is not making it financially at this point. This is the third time that they have tried to establish a league; the other two collapsed. We have a local team that plays in a 5000 seat stadium and they sell all the tickets but that's not enough to keep things going.

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    By the way O14, I just remembered this post, and I wanted to ask you a question regarding molecular weights.

Let me know when you're ready

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Molecular weights other than those on the periodic table?

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, I used .HCL and keratinase enzymes to hydrolyze human hair keratin down to its larger protein constituents. What I'm aiming for is to have the hair hydrolyzed down to where its basically just liquid hair. When its in this state it should have a MW of between ~44 to ~66 kDa.

Now where (or how) do I go about measuring the exact molecular weight of the dark soup of liquid hair that I have in my possession right now to make sure it really is 44 to 66 kDa?? Is there a company that does it for a fee? Or is there a machine I can buy that can do it for me??

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    BD - I think you are likely going to end up with a very diverse size of proteins in this soup. When I was in research, we used SDS-Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis to determine molecular weights of proteins. This can be done with very small amounts of material. THIS is a pretty good summary of this technique. there are ways to separate the proteins based on molecular weight using chromatography. Unless you are going to set up a biochemistry lab, there's no point in buying equipment. I don't know that there are any companies that do this kind of research for a fee as the technology is pretty easy. I think some of this is done in high school laboratories here in the US. You might want to see if the local university biochemistry department can do this for you.

A long time a go when I was doing lipid biochemistry I visited the Utrecht University department to meet with them on common research issues and it was an enjoyable experience. This was back in 1975 and they had a pretty new building where they worked.

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You are right about having a very diverse size of proteins in this soup. But all these loose proteins ought to be between an MW of 44 to 66 kDa. Unless of course I've done everything wrong (which is quite possible).

Reason why I'm doing all this is because I've discovered that reason why minoxidil (or Rogaine) only grows very thin vellus hairs is because the scalp is not getting fed by the proper keratin proteins. Once you add the protein to the minoxidil you get a much greater effect (essentially rendering minoxidil obsolete).

Anywho, so there are no companies that can measure MW??
    I want to pay some company €100 to do it for me. Much easier that way

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hope you filed for a patent!!!! I just don't know what types of companies are in The Netherlands. Most all biotech companies have the capability of doing this type of work for you.

Here's something that might be of interest. A lot of years ago when I moved from research to doing regulatory affairs in the biopharma industry I was working with a company called Genex. they had developed an enzymatic drain cleaner that loosened hair clogs by dissolving the clog. I tried it and it was an OK product and didn't harm the drain. Here is the patent filing: http://google.com/patents/US4540506 I don't know if they ever did a profile on the dissolve hair other than gross observation.

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If you think I'm stoopid (misspelled on purpose) and havent thought about this, you are wrong.......LOL

You silly rabbit ;)

There's more to it than that. I would have to run clinical trials... etc......etc.
    Right now I'm still mucking around with Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) and Human Platelet Lysate (HPL), because the hydrolyzed keratin on its own isnt cutting it.

Anyways, I'm on my 8th jenever right now.
    Please forgive any spelling mistakes or other idiotic posts :ROFLMAO:

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, a lot of drain cleaners that dissolve hair also COMPLETELY DESTROY hair (or keratin), which would make the application that I'm working on kinda useless.

Its a bit like taking a sledgehammer to a nail. The nail would be obliviated.
    But I dont want it to be obliviated, I want to keep the nail mostly intact......LOL

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #296 Brilliant Dutch, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Oh dear....LOL: http://genex.crinet.com/

Haha....high-quality semen.
    I can't stop laughing...LOL :D

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Pretty funny! The Genex that I worked with is long gone. They were trying to produce industrial products through biotechnology but couldn't make a go of it.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Those will add to the cost. Do you have a preliminary cost analysis. How often does it need to be applied. IIRC, minoxidil had to be applied daily.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe you could do it cheaper with chia seeds!!!
    [​IMG]

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #300 Brilliant Dutch, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Once a day.

Apply it before you go to bed, leave it on overnight, and wash it out in the morning