The Drug War Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by MasterShake29, Aug 11, 2009.

1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask the DEA about the status of marijuana, cocaine, and the rest in Colorado, and let us know what they say.

2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I won't care what the DEA does in Colorado until 2016, when you stop caring what the DEA does anywhere.

When you and yours can prove beyond any doubt that your bitter feistiness began before 2008 and was just as energetic, come talk to me. Until then... well, I have the next shift.

And I don't want to see cocaine legalized.

3. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #UniteBlue!

4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I bet you think that's a perjorative...

5. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QED

6. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with the DEA is you have a law enforcement organization that has to put itself out of business to be successful. They have no incentive to be successful. How long have they been trying to shut down trafficking in the Caribbean? They have failed. My guess is they don't have a vested interest in winning the drug war.

Only government can come up with something like that.

MasterShake29 repped this.
  7. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    That description applies to ANY law enforcement organization, not just the DEA. Plus, even if a 100% success rate was achieved at stopping "crime", that would not put any law enforcement organization out of business, unless you believe that is the equivalent of 100% of all potential "criminals" all of a sudden giving up and starting up a legitimate business.

8. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The DEA, unlike your local police, is fighting a "war". At least in the past, wars were things that had an eventual end.

9. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Until the next one

10. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Any XTC reference deserves rep.

11. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  12. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    is that Richard Branson playing a Major in that video?? Look at the 11 second mark. (Or, maybe its a Gibb)

JBigjake repped this.
  13. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    #1513 JBigjake, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  14. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  15. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the Carolina Panthers home tomorrow? If so, I have a nominee for their war hero of the game, if they do such a thing. He is a true patriot.

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/20...oints-kid-inspired-by-la-founded-dare-program

Both parents are about to have a criminal record. I'm sure that will help them in life. What happens if one or both lose their job? It's not going to be easy to get another one. Their life could easily be ruined.

But, ******** them, they deserve it. Anyone have a contact for the Panthers?

16. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I blame the parents for failing to beat the values of "no snitchin" into their kids. They brought it on themselves for outsourcing responsibility for the moral upbringing of their children to schools.

Auriaprottu and HerthaBerwyn repped this.
  17. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they are forced at the point of a gun to give their money for these schools, and may not have enough left over to send their kids to a different school.

And it's tough to compete against that indoctrination. I can't blame the parents here. They're not the ones being evil.

18. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you serious? Sounds like what legal drug companies do too, get people hooked on their products that only ease symptoms rather than focus efforts on things like prevention. They have absolutely no interest in people being well, as it will only cut into their profits.

fatbastard repped this.
  19. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Wasn't it the Chinese practice to only pay your doctor when you were well?

20. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    How to deal with a designer drug problem?
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...-school-stepped-up-efforts/ar-BBi5dzM#image=3
    "drug-dealing was an open secret ... even as the university has gotten tougher on drug violations. ...
    The school referred 154 students for disciplinary action on drug violations in 2011 but that number jumped to 281 in 2012, ... 240 students disciplined in 2013 on the campus of 3,200."
    5% to 8% annually, is 20% to 30% over 4 years, a rather substantial percentage of the student body.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wesleyan-students-arrested-drug-charges-due-court/story?id=29214509

23. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just in case you thought the Drug War was on hold...

As Shona’s son listened to the misinformation given by authorities to his class during the drug education presentation, he courageously spoke up and informed them that the information they were relating was incorrect in regards to cannabis. He was pulled from class and sent to the office for questioning by authorities without his mother present.
    When he failed to return home from school, Banda contacted the school only to be told that her son had be detained by authorities. She went to the station, where she was informed that she was not being detained, but that they were obtaining a search warrant on her home and that she would not be permitted to enter the residence until the search was executed.

Every government official involved in this should never be allowed in polite society again.

24. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And such is life for us residents of Brownbackistan.

25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I was wondering in what 1957-era location this occurred. Kansas. Sigh.