The Dresden Files Discussion Thread {There Be Spoilers Here}

Discussion in 'Books' started by Felixx219, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's available on Amazon for pre-order now. It comes out on May 27. Now I'm going to watch that video.

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My order is placed. Thanks to Mr. Butcher and his publisher for releasing this in late May rather than late June where the World Cup would prove a distraction. :)

BalanceUT repped this.
  3. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Started listening to the audio on my way to work yesterday. Seriously, even if you've read them, you should think about experiencing the audio books.

4. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finished Skin Games last night and man, is it ever good. It's structured more like the earlier books with a big ass case/problem to solve but the overarching story moves along nicely, too.

Show Spoiler
    Butters is the new Knight of the Sword! I did not see that coming, but I really like it. Polka will never die. And he got to meet Maggie! I went through a whole lot of tissue during those scenes.

Ismitje repped this.
  5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the new offering in the series came out this month. I had pre-ordered it, and it arrived on the first day of release, and there on the counter it has sat. It's quite short compared to the other "recent" entries in the series (six years since the last one means nothing is really recent), and in the few months since I placed my order they've announced another book in late September which can only be part two to this thin volume.

If Jim Butcher doesn't care, maybe I shouldn't either. I will pick this up sooner or later, but I am not excited about it.

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States