Rumor: The Coming <soft> Rebrand

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Jasper_Black, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sitting here kind of speechless. I don't get it. What about this is supposed to resonate with me with respect to the city or the Fire? There's no way this can be it. This is a gag to get us all pulling our hair out. No one would pick this logo.

2. lurak

lurak Member+

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If this is the logo, that Cubs themed logo is miles better than this. I'm glad I held off on season tickets. I was too late to get in early for the good club seats so I will now sit back and relax.

The only hope is that this thing has been in the works for a long time that Hauptman and NRod were so deeply involved that when the backlash starts to hit, Mansueto will change his mind.

Pennsylvania Dave and aetraxx7 repped this.
  3. TyrusRose

TyrusRose Member+

chicago fire
    North Korea
    Jun 17, 2019
    I wouldn't let a logo make the decision for you. Let next week decide for you instead.

CMeszt repped this.
  4. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Pretend my paint skills don't suck and that the star is properly proportioned.

cf97modify.jpg

5. lurak

lurak Member+

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I will probably get season tickets anyway because they are so cheap and this will be a new chapter for the club. I have faith in Mansueto. However, there are several that are still around that applauded AEG selling the club to Hauptman because the Fire were always the second team compared to the Galaxy.

6. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much better. Get rid of the Columbus yellow and we have a passable logo. Not great, but ok.

In the apparently new logo, maybe the anvil in the middle is supposed to be like "hard as steel, forged in Fire" sort of thing? I dunno, I'm trying. I just don't get the central focus of the logo. What is it? An anvil falling on its side? A crown reflecting..on the water? Chicago's answer to the Whitecaps? 'cause that's an organization to emulate! It's a mystery to me.

7. TyrusRose

TyrusRose Member+

chicago fire
    North Korea
    Jun 17, 2019
    Some people know what I am referring too, but if what should happen does indeed happen, I don't think there is any doubt that Joe is the perfect guy to lead. He needs to close this though.

CMeszt repped this.
  8. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Eh, get on board anyway! I made the jump this year and figure it's worth it to go along for the ride. The team and organization really can only go up from here, and as a transplant who now considers this city home more than even the place I grew up, I'm finally excited to have a team to support in this city. I've been supporting this team for a while but it'll be great to finally be able to attend games regularly again.

As for AEG, they were always going to sell...Phil's always been a SoCal guy, the question was to whom, and real estate decisions made before the sale didn't exactly make the Fire an attractive property at the time.

9. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either say it or don’t, dude- jeez.

Zxcv, xtomx, IU Gooner and 1 other person repped this.
  10. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm not kidding. It's growing on me. Since I made it as my avi, I'm getting used to the shock of it, and I prefer the simplicity of it to a crest like Philly or Columbus that tries to do too many visual elements in too small a space.

/afraid to say this on reddit since I'll get downvoted like crazy.

//I also like Nashville's so take that as you will though.

///oh, and I also had a shot of Malort a half hour ago.

11. TyrusRose

TyrusRose Member+

chicago fire
    North Korea
    Jun 17, 2019
    Give me a week

12. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t dislike it, but, full disclosure- I liked Nashville’s new “we’re an MLS team now” crest enough that I was surprised to see that there was backlash against it. It just isn’t “Chicago Fire”, which is also fine, but- just dump the name. Then- none of this silly “we changed ‘soccer’ to ‘football’ it’s a new day!” BS funks up the old and new brand. Just say “we’re ‘Chicago FC/City/SC/Whatever’” and let the psuedo-flame and the star above the crest on the new jerseys remind people of what once was and be done with it. This seems like such a classic “let’s piss off the fewest number of people” “solution” that I’m surprised that a professional organization that was able to pull off a move to Soldier Field that involved an “unbreakable” lease was responsible for it.

moleman repped this.
  13. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As a joke, I made a logo using ms paint and it's better than the one they're going with, tbh.
    Megumin.jpg

Pennsylvania Dave and aetraxx7 repped this.
  14. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's bad. Reminds me of a crown. Maybe if the team was called Real something. Glad I purchased a bunch of stuff at the locker room sale. Most of my Fire stuff is 10 to 20 years old, so i will continue to stick with that. Still excited about the season ahead. Months ago, the logo was the least of my worries.

Like the Chicago Fire "FC" for selfish reasons. Twenty plus years ago I thought I was being clever and choose Fire FC as my license plate. Soon regretted it as no one new what the FC meant. Most thought that it meant Chicago Fire Force and that I was a Fireman. Rookie season mistake on my part that may actually work now.

LIZZIE and bunge repped this.
  15. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Joan of Arc comes to mind. Also think of Scandinavian countries with the cross.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  16. moleman

moleman Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Doubt it. It’s not “Euro” enough for the Europhiles. They’ll still scoff at the idea of being a fan of a team called “the Fire” even with the new suffix added.

Stupid half measure that pleases no one and disappoints everyone. There’s nothing wrong with the current logo for a team called “the Fire.”

Tom Collingsworth, bunge and harrylee773 repped this.
  17. wolvesfirehope

Chicago Fire, Detroit City FC, Swansea City, Chicago Red Stars, Edgewater Castle
    United States
    Apr 6, 2018
    infinity times better

18. wolvesfirehope

Chicago Fire, Detroit City FC, Swansea City, Chicago Red Stars, Edgewater Castle
    United States
    Apr 6, 2018
    realized this morning.. maybe the top is the fire flame and the bottom is an M for Mansueto.

not saying that is good, but if andy had thought he could sneak his initials into the logo, he totally would have.

19. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    For all you Star Wars fans:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  20. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Funny you say that, I was just thinking that other than the ketchup mustard theme it would probably be a decent logo for a streeterville real estate firm.

21. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wow...I don't get it. I actually went to college to get into printing when there was a printing industry before the internet was invented and have designed logos for people and I enjoy being creative that way and getting paid but that monstrosity!?!? I don't see a flame, nor a star, nor the water tower nor an anvil either. I don't like the plain circle nor the type style/font choice. It's totally awful.

22. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It also looks like something a weird high school kid would draw to be edgy and thinking no one would catch the "satanist/neo nazi" theme of it.

23. Befuddled

Befuddled Member

Swansea City
    United States
    Mar 27, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should have added the blue bars from the flag too on the top and bottom. Might as well get the whole Chicago flag in there.

24. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Though on the bright side: Not buying gear for a decade because the crest is "meh" beats not buying gear for a decade because your team's main sponsor is BIMBO.

The ideal situation is the team makes some tweaks to the logo Portland-style but I still get to buy some ugly logo crap as a collector's item.

bunge repped this.
  25. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    the crazy thing is that the Chicago flag is such a simple but recognizable and attractive item with its signature star and good looking colors that it should be a layup to design a logo around

Joe in CO, cchchaplain, GHjelm and 2 others repped this.