The coming of the Mertens - FC Utrecht Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Erwin6174, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Erwin6174

Erwin6174 Member

Jun 13, 2008
    The Netherlands
    No one would have believed in this last decade that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man’s and yet as mortal as his own. Celtic, crushed and crumbled before their eyes. Liverpool, with infinite complacency, sent home in bitter shame. Intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, with envious eyes, slowly but surely drawing their plan...

FC Utrecht

[​IMG]

So vain is man and so blinded by his vanity, that no one expressed any idea that Utrecht might storm the Eredivisie this year. But beware...that fifth spot is ours!

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Will be a tough match this weekend. I remember losing to Utrecht away last season but then handling them at home. Ricky v Dubs and Mertens seem to be in top form.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Erwin with all due respect, you've lost what, all away games in the eredivisie so far?

I was at Twente v Utrecht. There's no shame to teams bunkering at the Grolsch Veste but if Utrecht were a special team they wouldn't have.

4. Erwin6174

Erwin6174 Member

Jun 13, 2008
    The Netherlands
    You don't have to be a special team to compete for the fifth spot in the Eredivisie, that's reserved for places 1-3. True, we lost all away games so far, but that's only four away games out of 17. At home Utrecht is very strong.

5. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    unlucky today, van wolfswinkel's goal should stood while the equaliser came out of the blue.

had this game as a draw on my toto beforehand, but you definately deserved to win.

1 person likes this.
  6. Erwin6174

Erwin6174 Member

Jun 13, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Yeah, this one might come back to haunt Utrecht. The next two games will definitely have to be won now, because you can't count on getting any points against Liverpool away.

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Adam Sarota, Ismo Vorstermans, Frank Demouge and Tommy Oars brother were attacked by FC Twente hooligans after the match.

Ismo Vorstermans got punched and kicked in the head and hasn't turned up on training today. :(

8. stibu

stibu New Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Yesterday Young Boys Bern announced the engagement of current Utrecht skipper Michael Silberbauer. Can somebody tell me some facts about this player? What are his strengts and weaknesses? Why did Utrecht not offer him a new contract?

Thanks for your answers :)

9. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    5th place not looking so good anymore :p

10. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Thought it had something to do with an high wage. Decent player for Utrecht, haven't seen him enough to judge his qualities. Quite sure someone here will have a more complete opinion about him. Don't expect a technically gifted midfielder, but he's a decent hard working midfielder.

11. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Utrecht face wait on Nesu horror injury

I experienced a few moments like these playing hockey growing up where a teammate was badly injured in training. Best of wishes for a full recovery for Nesu.

12. ABSRD

ABSRD New Member

May 23, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still do not understand why Ajax did not bought Mertens immediately!

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's too expensive.

14. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011