The Colombian Prodigal Son Returns - The James Rodríguez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Not balon d’or but under Carlo right before Zidane arrived James was one of the best attacking midfielders in the world putting numbers that Isco and Asensio have never been able to produce.

Anthony Lim and Stiliyan repped this.
  2. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that was a long time ago bro

I love James, I hope he plays well once he’s finally healthy. But man some of the garbage I read on here is crazy.

Anon. repped this.
  3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

James has always played well whenever he's played wherever he's played. He played well along time ago and he played well to start the season... we all want him to play well, most of us expect him to play well but he never plays.

His immense world class talent and quality are not in dispute by anyone other than the densest most numpty of posters with some sort of axe to grind. Almost nobody would argue that team will be worse off if he is included in the lineup (a sentiment that is not echoed when some other players play ahead of him, ex.: Lucas Vasquez).

The thing that would settle this once and for all is an answer to one question - what's Zidane's problem with the guy?

Did he bang his wife or bully one of his kids on the training ground? Because Zidane is way inconsistent when it comes to his statements and actions regarding this individual and the same when it comes to other players on the team (see Eden "happy meal" Hazard).

Anthony Lim repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    And where did I say that is how good he is right now?
    I actually wrote a few posts ago how I think his pro career is probably over if he insists to stay here because all he does is train and sit on the bench.

5. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You sound crazy. Stop crying.

6. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    This is a James thread... chances are you may read alot of pro james sentiment... If you find it garbage then don't go here and read.. But yes this is a message board so everyone can read along and argue along. Everyone has his own opinion let us hear every one here....but what disconnect me are the non sense moderators, who does not know how to show respect.. We should remove all the moderator here, i will escalate and report all of them.. They should all be relegated to normal poster.

7. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

8. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Apparently James was subbed because of an injury.

9. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    James is truly a glass man.

10. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He seemed to be carrying a knock late in the first half so I'm not surprised. Didn't have a good outing regardless.

11. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's really injury prone, feel for the guy.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dude is so unreliable man. Mr. Knocks

13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Good ridance.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah, he was subbed out because Zidane hates him and doesn't rate him

15. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Had serious hopes James would have been an x-factor this season. So far incredibly disappointing...

Another one that probably needs to be let go this upcoming summer to free up those midfield/offensive spots... and especially wages.

Sucks..

16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is he injured or not and what'sthe diagnosis?

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Zidane used the force to take away his ability to play, is there anything that bald headed devil wouldn’t do to deter poor little Saint James?

rrrrrafik, RMrules, MaxY and 2 others repped this.
  18. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Waste of time.
    Time to move on.
    Too many injuries.
    No trust from the coach (I wouldn't try to fit James now that midfield is clicking much better).
    Sell and cut the losses.

19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Said here last time that he’s probably done playing professionally at a top level and it seems I was right

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No, you were actually wrong. You kept spouting nonsense about Zidane not liking or rating James and crying about how it isn't fair James doesn't play.

The reality is James hasn't plaued because James is always injured or returning from injury.

J-Mezzy, AriGold and Hsain85 repped this.
  21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the injury?

Seems like we are always left guessing. Last time the club never reported his injury, he just mysteriously stopped playing. Then he got called up for Columbia, actually sustained an injury and people were like - "see we were right."

22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Is not nonesense. Everyone here and outside pretty much knows that Zidane does not like James, the player, not the person. He has favorites (Lucas, Isco) and that is fine, almost every coach has (Solari did not like Isco for example) but that is because they have a certain vision of football that does need to be shared by everyone - maybe he thinks James is too slow like some people here says and thinks his passes are not worth losing speed and workrate from a CM.

James has been healthy in important games and he would not play him unless two midfielders are injured .. He also does not play James, who is 10 naturally, in his best role giving him better chances to make an impact.. something that he does with Isco all of the time.. He has stuck James in the CM role which is not the best suited for his abilities, also considering that he is always recovering from injuries he wants him to play both ends of the pitch immediately upon recovering.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Again you make this stuff up in your head.

At the beginning of the season James was used consistently. It wasn't until he was injured that he wasn't. He has been mostly injured since the beginning.

You did the same campaigning accusing Zidane, then we found out James was hurt and he reinjured himself practicing with Colombia. You did the same weeks ago and Zidane was actually trying to slowly bring him back (see Hazard, whom Zidane must also hate).

You won't learn.

In a month you will again say James is hated and cite his lack of minutes ignoring all the facts.

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He was used because there was no one else LOL
    And he was actually quite good when he played those few games early on in the season..

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Again that is bullshit.

There were other options, Zidane just chose James. He was quite good and Zidane acknowledged this and continued using him.

You really seem to be projecting your own victim mentality on James. He isn't a victim here and no one hates him.

If not for injury James woulf be another useful addition getting minutes.