The Colombian Prodigal Son Returns - The James Rodríguez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I’m skeptical man, I doubt rumors about his lifestyle are unfounded, and they didn’t only come from the Spanish media, every coach ( except Ancelotti ) he’s worked under has had a problem with his lack of discipline.

This is an article talking about how his relationship with zidane first went sour, though it doesn’t mention the hung over bit it does follow along the same theme as other reports.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/...peeding-and-defying-zidane-where-its-all-gone

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Let's just wait and see what happens.

Drouchk repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Personally I think that he will not only play but he will play a ton, every report so far say that everyone at the club has been very impressed with his attitude, from his teammates to the coaching staff.

Digital and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #29 robnycus, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    And again you are making stuff up.. you just said every manager he’s had problems with except Carlo which isn’t true.
    He also didn’t have a problem with the two time CL winner Heynckes.
    The problems with his last manager were not related to a lack of discipline but to his big mouth and him thinking he should start every game- he was also injured a lot

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Pretty much.

When Zidane came out praising him and saying he looks to be a part of the team. People laughed and mocked him.

Then when the season started Zidane said he would use his players including James. People mocked him and said James wouldn't play, talk much start.

People thought Zidane pulled James off because he didn't like him after his first start. Turns out Zidane was impressed and only subbed because James was injured.

I'll be patient and wait. These people are usually wrong, never admit to being wrong and look for the next negative to latch in to.

For me we have looked the best this season playing the 4141 with James and Isco. I would love to see it with Benzema, James, Hazard, Bale, Modric and Casemiro.

Stiliyan, AriGold, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Ok I forgot about Heynckes, so he’s hadn’t problems with 3 out of 5 managers, my initial point stands, if you’re having a problem with 3 out of 5 managers then the issue is with you, fact.

Having a big mouth is part of his lack of discipline.......

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I wont disagree with that so say that .. that story is more believable and supported than his arriving hungover to training story.
    He should learn to stay quiet when he does not play, i hope he has but i am not going to crucify him for something that many other players have also done in the past.

8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yep but that wasn’t his only issue is my point, he partied a lot according to multiple reports from different countries, you can claim all you want that it’s fake news or that the Spanish media are out to get him but it isn’t the case, the Hung over business I’ve seen that from one source so there is a possibility that was Bs but the party stuff, no.

The notion that Zidane just picked on him for reason and that James was going about his day being a professional is ridiculous.

9. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine being on the brink of signing van Beek for €60m and then James stays instead. We’ve already won with this one even if James doesn’t replicate his best, which he might very well do.

Excited to see more of him. Amazing talent.

HZinho, Digital, Kroosinator and 8 others repped this.
  10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There is so much quality in those six players. They are some of the worlds best, they just haven’t shown it much recently. If they are motivated we should challenge for silverware.

BjornH, YOUNGSTARS87 and Anon. repped this.
  11. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    4-1-4-1 (Since we have only Casemiro and Fede covering the holding role)

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    People don't realize how much we won here.

We were going to severly overpay for a lesser player then sell one of the best at huge discount.

We dodged a big one.

Preach.

That quality in that structure? It gives us a chance against anybody.

HZinho, Galatico, Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    welcome back james! all the best! :)

[​IMG]

HomietheClown and Galatico repped this.
  14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    With Modric out for two weeks it looks like even more playing time for James.

Galatico repped this.
  15. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    This is his opportunity. Zizou give him play time! I'm very happy he's around....what an option to have. If James catches fire this season...we'll get to a whole other level offensively.

Drouchk repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There seems to be a lot of positive news and propaganda for james.

Either we are trying to build his value to sell in winter window or we have really turned the corner with him

HZinho repped this.
  17. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Colombian is trying to rediscover the form that earned him plenty of admirers both at the 2014 World Cup and in his first season with Los Blancos where he scored 17 goals and assisted 18 under Carlo Ancelotti.

Man, those numbers were truly insane. Having him back on the team is as good as a fantastic midfield signing. Hope Zidane will use him well.

madridista_hr, J-Mezzy and Anthony Lim repped this.
  18. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really think we will give him at least this season. He's (of course) good enough to be a starter at the club and, more importantly, simply needed. Maybe he's now getting the positive news after he decided to fully 'live' for it (assuming he was not doing that for the full 100%). I for one hope he stays for years!

The Modric injury could be a blessing in disguise for him.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    They are in the shopping window according to this article.
    In the next junta with the socios this Sunday Florentino will be talking about bringing in 80M from these transfers

https://www.elconfidencial.com/depo...no-perez-ventas-asamblea-presupuesto_2222015/

I dont know about you guys, but ask yourselves this question.
    How would you feel having to go to work everyday for a company that was trying to get rid of you just a few weeks ago and knowing you don’t make part of their future plans?

20. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would cry about it.

21. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    still wait and see.. few weeks past is already a lot of time in football.. odds can turn different ways in that short period of time.. like in today's game Zzz has very little option in the midfield against levante.... james might really be use in this game... if he can produce for the team to win.. then he might have big chance to be part of team's future somehow, otherwise there is always the transfer window that will come

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #47 4x4s, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    I would try to find a different job, just like James did in the summer but it turned out he was in nobodies future plans.

James is on a lucrative contract with one of the biggest institutions in football. During a summer where even Napoli thought Lozano was worth spending money on before him.

23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Atletico.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Worked wonders for Llorente's summer Euro aspirations. Biggest reason for wanting to sign both him and James was that they are Real Madrid players. Jurado V2.

Atleti had a full squad when they went for James. They just wanted to twist the knife into the wound.

25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can we please replace Kroos with James?

Seriously. Offers much more offensively

Runs a lot more defensively

We need this change