The Colombian Prodigal Son Returns - The James Rodríguez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe, but you don't send Cerezo a victory lap after that result.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James would have a lot more interest in the transfer market if his personal options wouldn't be joining Carlo or staying comfortably close to his place in Madrid and not moving to a new place. Bayern would have loved to have him but he straight up told them he doesn't want to be there.

The idea that they would flip him for a profit was disproved by us, because you can only sell a player to a high bidder if he is open to a lot of options.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Link?

4. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James will get minutes, and not just in the Copa

Hsain85 repped this.
  6. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Oh look there. Its James choosing his destination and limiting his options.

It was the same impression I got over the summer. I dont know how anyone can come to any other conclusion. His case is pretty much copy paste Bale.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    .halamadrid2. repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He isn't dumb. He started injured, then when healthy wss comfortably in the rotation.

He got injured again has hasn't truly recovered till a week ago.

These of course are facts (like how James chose Madrid); which you guys disregard because it doesn't support your victim narrative.

2Magia2 and HZinho repped this.
  9. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont blame him. Imagine going to a club that gets beaten over and over in decisive moments. Career suicide for him.

He doesnt fit Simeone's way of playing either. No speed to work on counters like Correa. Simeone is stuck on his 442 formation too. Looked like a president signing rather than a coach. If it was a coach's choice Valverde would be the type of player they'd ask for not James

It would be better for him to stay and let people think he's a victim than going and being found out as not good enough to be a starter

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not called upnfor tomorrow's match.

Maybe on his way out??

11. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably. Only 4 middlefielders called up and he's not.

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Sevilla is a tough opponent ..

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    When given full and healthy squad, his role in this story will be marginal. The only question being if his status is justified?

To answer that. In case of midfield positions, i think it is. Clearly Casemiro, Kroos and Valverde are the best option at this point by a large margin. I never liked James playing as CM.

But in case of front position i dislike certain decisions from Zidane. For example, trying James behind Benzema and Hazard is probably one of the first things i would try. Or given that Hazard is injured, i would pull out something in the line of Benzema and Jović / Rodrygo with James behind.

lineup(1).png

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  14. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just don’t see Zidane positioning James in a starting XI the same way a lot of folk here are manoeuvring him to be.
    But perhaps I’ve missed something, let’s see after the summer what his status is.

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe not but if Isco can get on the pitch, whatever position he can play so can James and just as well IMO but with a bigger goalscoring threat

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not too sure about that.

russian hattie, PigBenis, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Isco is a more versatile player, James is better at what he does but it's a more limited range of abilities. I think Isco is going to remain a controversial player with strong opinions for and against but I don't think he's going anywhere.

Anon. and Drouchk repped this.
  18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Well said, people think it’s simply enough to stick James in Isco’s position and he’d provide the same thing plus goals and assists, this is not FIFA , there are things Isco offers that James lack, especially tactically.

Anon. and temesgen repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Where is the match thread?

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    James has not been given the freedom on the pitch or the opportunity that’s been given to Isco, playing with 3 other mids, for us to really pass judgment on whether he would be good/better/worse on that position. James behind two forwards has not happened yet this season.

Stiliyan and Digital repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fair enough, like what exactly, what does Isco offer tactically that James does not, not being sarcastic

Again, fair enough in your view he is more versatile, but unfortunately I cannot say I share that view, I just don’t see it, Isco moves between the lines well, “sometimes” , so does James if given a chance to roam as he likes like Isco has been given , IMO they both work better closer to goal and are both ordinary playing as CMs, both are relatively slow, Isco is a bit more technically adept with the ball at his feet but not by much and oft times to a fault , slowing plays down far too much, and they both have the vision for a pass, and assists,

i don’t see all the differences that others see , except James is more of a direct threat to goal( again my opinion whether scoring or assisting, but I’m sure someone will probably bring some stats to prove me wrong, who knows) and I think that ZZ believes more in Isco for whatever reason , also I don’t think Isco is going anywhere either, not as long as ZZ is our coach, but I also don’t think he has lived up to his potential and for the record neither has James, but Isco has had more chances to do so with us, inconsistent player at best

robnycus repped this.
  22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you goddamn fingers broke [emoji1787]

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Isco moves between the line and connects the play to keep us fluid better, he is much more comfortable in possession than James is. He also mitigate the threat going down that right side better.
    Don’t get me wrong I think James would do well in a free role but I just don’t think he’d be an upgrade over Isco, he’d do well in a different way, we gain something with him while losing some of the quality that Isco brings and vice versa.

Anon. repped this.
  24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    James has to be the biggest mystery in modern day football, Done very well at Porto, Monaco, Real Madrid and even Bayern Munich. Bayern then don't want to buy him, can't get a game at Madrid and we don't have a queue of teams lining up to take him of our hands for a handsome fee. Yet, he's still one of the best offensive midfielders in the world.

25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would make a terrible thread lol