The Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  3. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Really why the ******** would he do that. He knows how much the pjanic move Hurt the fans.

Following football is like watching game of thrones. You start to like a character then "WHAM" they die or betray you

Juventus sends their regards

romanista8910 repped this.
  4. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spalletti going to Juventus would be a Cappello-level betrayal. I refuse to believe it.

wm72 repped this.
  5. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On another level why would Juve want to let Allegri go? He's done a really great job with Juve.

6. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I though there was a fight witb Bonucci. Allegri wants him to apologize and the club is taking his side over Allegri.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bonucci supposedly already apologized and took the entire team out for dinner. I think that part is over with but its sounding more like Allegri has other offers.

8. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Rumors that Allegri wants out of the organised crime business.

JCNapoli17, La Magica, ErPupone and 7 others repped this.
  9. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spalletti's interviews have become so strange ever since the Juve rumors started.
    http://www.football-italia.net/99585/spalletti-im-doing-roma-favour

shiboboo, Marco9 and Java65 repped this.
  10. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I never thought he would stay, from the first day I never bought the nonsense he talked about contracts.

The way I see it, he was unemployed for a while and no one decent was interested in him, and he was waiting for any competitive team to reach out. That team turned out to be Roma, and it must have been hard for him to come back, but I think his plan was always to get back to the spotlight then go from there.

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I read an article talking about broken promises during January after he stated they needed players to deal with 3 games a week coming up. He was promised Rincon and Defrel and got a European cup tied Grenier. There's tension and it doesn't help that Jimmy is running his mouth.

12. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    A rumour suggests Luis Enrique might coach us next year !

13. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Again?

15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually like that he's starting to take charge. For too long he let others make the decisions and he trusted them without commenting now he see's mistakes and he's pointing them out. My biggest problem with JP has been that he's not involved, he let others make all of the decisions. Now he's involved and holding people accountable.

I hope like hell Spalletti comes back but he's human and he isn't perfect, he's made mistakes by running out the same players game after game. Let's not forget it was Spalletti that demanded we keep Iturbe which was a huge mistake. Pallotta also said Roma made mistakes in the transfer market.

16. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought what Pallotta said was correct and not all that harsh. It was casual but the media sucks balls and has to sell papers.

Java65, shiboboo, ErPupone and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All those coaches comes and go, win nthg with us but win elsewhere.
    Garcia managed Ligue 1 title with Lille, but nothing with us.
    Spalletti managed to win Russian league, nthg with us.
    Ranieri managed to win EPL, nthg with us.
    Enrique won the CL, LA Liga but nthg with us. I actually thought he was total dumbass when he was with us.

Any of the other 19 coaches available in Serie A, none would manage to win Serie a with us over Juventus. but all the 20 would manage to win Serie a with Juventus.Its simple , the problem is outside coaching. Spalletti is achieving the results expected from this team, which is being in competition with Napoli for 2nd spot.Thats where the squad is.

Swap Allegri - Spalletti, Juve remain 1st we still be fighting Napoli for 2nd spot.

Oban14, wm72 and whill4 repped this.
  18. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garcia won before PSG was bought by Qatar and they dumped all that money into the team. Currently he sits in 5th 22pts out of first. The league was much more balanced until PSG started dominating because of money.

Spalletti managed to win the Russian league with one of the biggest, richest clubs in Russia. Zenit didn't do squat in the CL under Spalletti when he didn't have the money advantage.

Ranierei, marvelous job no doubt.

Enrique won because he's managing one of the richest clubs in the world and everybody wins to one extent or another there.

The common theme is that if you play with a club that has a large payroll compared to your competition you stand a great chance of winning. If you are Roma, Napoli, etc you need everything to break your way to win. It's all about the money.

romanista8910, Marco9 and Vulpinous repped this.
  19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's why it's absolutely essential to keep them all here and add in one ore two top players. We need to give two years of consistency a chance, the other way is impossible. Jimmy need to take the plunge on the transfer market, it's now or never to take a risk. Defrel for sure would be the first player I would add then another all round hard worker in midfield and keep Grenier. I want to see a Roma with two years no change just one time, let us have something nice :whistling:

Haakon24, Midfield General and Java65 repped this.
  20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree but I think Manolas is going. I also think that WS is gone too. Both players seem to want to move on to bigger clubs and honestly, I don't think there is anything Roma can do here.

Overall I agree with this. If JP thinks the stadium is going to go through then now is the time to throw money into this team. Love Defrel. Grenier is a steal if he can stay healthy.

La Magica repped this.
  22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    WS perhaps but that's ok with a fine backup. Manolas I would refuse and tell him we're going to win here. Stuck it up. The thought of an unhappy player upsetting the team is overplayed...Perhaps a drama queen attacking player but someone of manolas character will get his head down and get on with it in a few weeks.

wm72, Vulpinous and Java65 repped this.
  23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way Alisson has developed I'm not as worried as I was about WS leaving. It was very smart to give Alisson a year to learn the language (which I think is underestimated at the GK position) and not just throw him to the wolves. Alisson & Skorupski are good 1/2.

wm72, Haakon24, Midfield General and 2 others repped this.
  24. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Great advice. I am sure Pallotta and co didn't think of that. Budget? FFP? Salaries? Pssss who cares... if it can be done in Football manager and Fifa career mode it can work in real life.

25. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #400 La Magica, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Salty as ever, I don't play FIFA or football manager btw ;). If we secure champions league, have a stadium on the way perhaps it can be afforded. I'm not talking about hundreds of millions by adding 2 good players. I'm sure you want what I want, to win. Keeping the team together and starting the new season with a side that knows each other is without doubt the best chance of competing. We have a team worth keeping.

Vulpinous, Java65 and Midfield General repped this.