The Club, The Board, The Ground

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Kevin H, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #126 Atouk, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    22-year-old Australian midfielder Massimo Luongo. Purchased from Swindon Town where he was a starter for the beaten League One play-off finalists. Before playing at Swindon, he played for Spurs' youth teams, so Les and Ramsey know him from there. He was on Australia's 2014 World Cup squad, though he did not play in the tournament. He was named Most Valuable Player of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup with two goals and four assists as Australia won that tournament.

http://www.afcasiancup.com/news/en/luongo-takes-out-mvp-award/mnrqt7vi3zg31ua9gslgjkfnx

He's interviewed for a bit in the video posted further up the thread.

2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Adding insult to injury, it's clearly not a League rule to have a solid back of shirt. As exemplified by Reading's new shirts. Just club/Nike stupidity:

[​IMG]

3. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #128 Atouk, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Nedum Onuoha has been named captain. Great choice. He's one of our longest-serving players (3 1/2 years), seems to be a good leader, and will likely be an every-game player at one position or another.

“I’ve been so impressed with Nedum in my short time here and I firmly believe he is the right man to lead us next season. He’s a leader on and off the pitch and a great ambassador for this club in terms of the way he goes about his business. His professionalism is second to none and combined with what he brings to us on the pitch, he is real captain’s material. Clint (Hill) will continue as club captain and in him and Nedum, we’ve two men who have the full respect of their team-mates and supporters, and are a huge part of the QPR family.” -- Chris Ramsey

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/nedum-onuoha-qpr-captain-201516-2543296.aspx

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  4. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    QPR earn record fee from Raheem Sterling’s move through sell-on clause
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/13/qpr-record-fee-raheem-sterling-move-liverpool

5. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is the new manager.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/04/qpr-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-new-manager

While I would have been supportive had they decided to keep Warnock on, it's hard not to be impressed with JFH's managerial record at Burton. Not only did he win promotion from League Two as champions, but left them at the top of the table in League One.

From what I read about his 2015/16 squad at Burton, he does have a few loan players, but all of his permanent additions were with no fee, so it does not appear they were spending their way to the top.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  6. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tony Fernandes on the training ground and new stadium.

doolittledog2 and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  7. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    Thanks for that update. Still optimistic for the long term future of the club!

Atouk repped this.
  8. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other two portions of that interview are worth checking out, too.

9. DylanPresman

DylanPresman Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Rockville, Maryland
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like all the talk, but am looking forward to seeing some results. To me, that would mean some concrete movement on the training ground and keeping the same manager and a reasonably stable side for a couple of seasons.

Do that and we might even win some games, innit?

10. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our short-term kit deal with Nike is over. We've signed an 10-year "8 figure" deal with a Canadian company called Dryworld. The press release says they've recently entered deals with Brazilian teams Atlético Mineiro, Fluminense and Goias and that "[t]he partnership with QPR signifies DRYWORLD’s first step in a UK and Europe expansion over the next few seasons."

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-dryworld-nike-kit-3071173.aspx

QPR's commercial director said:

“The financial aspects of any commercial partnership are obviously important, but the priority for the club with this particular agreement was to have complete autonomy over our kits, so that we could ensure bespoke designs, which meet the core principles that we know are of paramount importance to our supporters.”

“The kits for next season are fantastic and we’re very confident the fans will be happy with them. We’re fully aware of what the fans want, with the Hoops going all the way round, and we’re excited about unveiling them at the end of June.”

http://thedryworld.com/

http://blog.thedryworld.com/post/143158710049/dryworld-industries-enters-the-uk-market-by

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  11. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Well these are pretty darn sharp

http://www.guiadoboleiro.com.br/not...inense-dry-world-ideias-design-2016-4660.html

[​IMG]

Let's see what they come up with this summer. Nike did a very poor job with us - was hoping for much better.

12. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    Sometimes it can be a better option to be with the smaller company that is happy to have you as a client and puts their full effort into your product. The big guys can sometimes think of you as an afterthought and you end up with copies of their efforts for other clients. As long as QPR signs a competitive deal and the check actually clears :D I say welcome aboard to Dryworld!

13. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New crest revealed. Love it!

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  14. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    I've been following QPR since 1983, this new crest is closer to their crest from 82-08 that I was most familiar with. I like this one. I just hope we aren't getting a new crest every few years. Find something and stick to it!

17. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I quite like it. but if i'm honest, similar as they are, I prefer the '82-08 one. still good, though.

and I agree that regular changes rather dilutes the very purpose of a crest - which should be something that unites, not just during a time, but throughout time.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  18. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this works very well. Similar to the '82-'08 one in style and look, but the way the letters are ordered (P being highest) borrows from the '72-'82 one. Well done, I think. Hopefully it'll be given a 20+ year run like the one before last.

19. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    And don't forget, if this new stadium does indeed happen, they wouldn't want "Loftus Road" in the crest!

20. OwlSaver

OwlSaver Member+

Jan 26, 2005
    Berwyn, PA (127, J)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is much better than the 08-16 one. I like it.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  21. DylanPresman

DylanPresman Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Rockville, Maryland
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep. Tony has given the fans exactly what they wanted. People have been moaning about the crest's association with Tango and Cash for a while. So we basically just went back to the old crest except without the Loftus Road part (which would be a liability if we ever were to move into a new ground).

Job done. Well done Tone.

22. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixture list came out today. See them on the club's front page: http://www.qpr.co.uk/

New kit teaser:

23. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Whoa, that's looking cool so far. And if that's the new League number font... interesting.

Atouk repped this.
  24. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #149 Atouk, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Looking sharp!

[​IMG]

QPR Kevin H and doolittledog2 repped this.
  25. DylanPresman

DylanPresman Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Rockville, Maryland
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Again, Tone has given the fans exactly what they have been asking for; a simple hooped kit. It is amazing how simple it is -- makes you wonder why we have been given such crap for the last few years. Well done Tony and everyone involved. The home kit is destined to be well-loved.

Atouk repped this.