The Chelsea Manager Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So John Terry announces the departure before the club. Nice

Blueallthru repped this.
  2. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good luck Antonio. Not at all happy about it but that is how Chelsea works. Thanks for everything.

[​IMG]

lobomojo and limpidrock repped this.
  3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Classy as always John

upload_2018-7-12_13-20-20.png

Blueallthru repped this.
  4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Fabregas has also announced it (and he is a current member of the squad).

5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh man.. the circle jerking around a guy that clearly did not want to be here since the beginning of last summer. Hilarious really.

Love him for what he did but he was always the over-emotional guy doomed to a short stint with us (btw.. do some of you still have it in your brains that managers anywhere last more than 2 seasons? point me to a few clubs where they've lasted 3+ in the Prem.. nah.. just a "Chelsea" problem right? ).

Au revoir Conte. Love ya, hate ya, fun times. Hope things are a little less entertaining going forward tho!

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Over-emotional - you're saying it like it's a bad thing. I loved that about him. And I don't buy this whole he didn't want to be here argument. He tried to work with the shit we had last season under huge pressure from the top. I'd be annoyed as well. Drinkwater and old Fabergas in mid-field and no offensive signings to make 1 oz of difference on the pitch.

I get this is Chelsea and ain't nothing new, but the way we treat managers (who are also regular people) is ridiculous, if not plain stupid. Sure, we get a title here and there, so what's to complain about, but the image of the club is synonymous with circus.

7. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well said!

8. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It is a bad thing in terms of longevity man, that's all I'm saying. He clearly isn't new to bust ups with clubs. It was almost always going to end this way.

I 100% buy the didn't want to be here argument. We aren't some insane buying club anymore, that has been clear for some time now. And even despite obvious efforts by the club to secure certain players, asinine transfer fees steered us away from a few world class talents we almost had. While "almost" doesn't cut it, I certainly do not feel bad for Antonio if he can't put our lack of activity in the market into context. ESPECIALLY given we broke one of our very own cardinal rules in loaning off Michy so Conte could have HIS target striker signing a 1.5 year deal when he is over 30 (Giroud). That doesn't exactly scream "worthy of a pity party" to me.

Personally, I can be missed w the whole "we treat them like crap" schpeal. We gave Jose the keys and he fudged it completely. He had to go, Conte has had to go and of those two things I've got no doubt. Only manager I've actually felt for was Ancelotti.

9. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    How long will Sarri last?

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pathetic statement from the club. Whatever.

11. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
  12. sydneymuganzi

sydneymuganzi Member

Jul 19, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It has been mentioned that Conte will not be receiving any financial compensation as the club have legally claimed 'just cause' to fire him. This might explain the reason the club was quiet for the last 50 plus days after our last game. They were, allegedly, making legal consultation on whether the had a good case. Apparently, that contract adjustment (not extension) that Conte signed after his first season had several clauses that he, Conte, violated.

13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, y'all read that Telegraph article? Ouch. Conte is a bit of a dick. Never really wanted to be here and leveraged that title to try to get back to Italy right quick.

14. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hardly enjoy seeing this playout but I am completely unsurprised by the clubs actions here. We don't owe the guy getting paid millions to some massive compensation package given his attitude and actions. Not at all.

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    BREAKING: FIFA confirm that the 2022 World Cup will be played between November 21st to December 18th.

LOL - right in the middle of EPL season.

16. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Made a few millionaires at the FIFA office though

17. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Money is evil man..

(also, not really the right thread ;) )

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Oops....oh well.

19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It was already known it would be in November and December tough? Is this announcement just the specifics? I don't get it.

20. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I thought they were going to build an air conditioner for the entire country?

It's 80-90 degrees in November there.

And slaves.

21. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If only we had a mod doing his job... :eek:

:giggle:

Yahtzee and yasik19 repped this.
  22. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So Sarri is official, keep hold of Hazard, Courtois and Willian and next season might not be quite as bollox as it seems destined to be. My short term hope is that Sarri and the board and the players play nicely together this time and we might get some stability! Also we still need a bigger stadium so that I find it easier to get a bloody ticket!

Blueallthru repped this.
  23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sarri official as of 4:15 eastern. Good video too.

24. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    well if it says so in the Telegraph....

The only thing I got out of the article is too many players don't want to suffer or work too hard to be champions, especially when they just got one. Some also complained Jose worked them too hard...

Wrath repped this.