The Cerezo Osaka Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by nipponbasse83, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Wow, surprised about the news. Didn't expect it. You know any details on the reason behind Kakitani's depression? Personal or because of football? I tried out more but couldn't find any.

2. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
    that looks terrible, poor kakitani. but at this rate cerezo continue to reward mediocrity and moriyasu might even bring him to the asian cup

3. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The strange thing about Kakitani is how he has regressed performance-wise. Four years ago, he was a star of Japanese football. Already three years later, he wasn't even close to be called again.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Looks like Cerezo's major overhaul of their roster has started.

5. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I'm glad to see Hotaru gone. Hopefully Sugimoto leaves too (not a done deal yet afaik).

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenyu was announced too. Question is, who would you actually keep?

7. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I'd keep Kiyotake and Kakitani among the "stars". Both have immensive potential and I think a different coach can get a lot more out of them.

The defence is also ok. Maruhashi, Jonjic and Kimoto in particular are all solid players by J1 level, and Matsuda is not that bad either.

I'd like to see Fukumitsu get more playing time, and as a "volante" Souza have actually been quite good so they can keep him too unless something significantly better comes along.

They definitely need a new goalkeeper. Kim Jin Hyeon is probably among the worst 5 starting GKs in J1, and have cost Cerezo a lot of points these past couple of seasons. He had a big potential in his early years, but haven't developed at all imho.

Samurai Warrior repped this.