The Cerezo Osaka Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by nipponbasse83, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Thats an ugly match Cerezo vs Spulse I also dont wanna know what happens a pure shocker.

2. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Wtf, Cerezo will change to Puma as shirt supplier next season. Horrible, horrible decision.

Cerezo = Mizuno.

Lupin III repped this.
  3. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Imagine Forlan, Hasegawa etc playing in J2 if they do get relegated which is not unlikely at all ATM..

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    that's where their level lies since they brought the club where it will be.

5. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well, both are not game changers but to say Forlan and Aria fit in J2 based on their individual qualities is not really true.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You can make a case for every player, except it happened and you have to own up sometimes. Konno went down twice, stayed with the clubs and got them back up. That's how you should act.

7. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Samurai Warrior and nipponbasse83 repped this.
  8. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Cerezo saved the day. Losing to Tokushima Vortis would be really embarrassing.

9. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    It was a horrible performance by Cerezo, but it might seem like JFA wants Cerezo to stay in J1 :p cause the referee Fukushima was absolutely horrible, and gifted Cerezo a goal, disallowed Tokushima of one, and in general was very pro-Cerezo this game I think.

I guess that's bad news for Kofu:inlove: :p

KiarashM repped this.
  10. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well, Cerezo now needs a miracle to stay in J1. The full 9 points out of 3 games would save them only if Omiya and Shimizu drop points too.

11. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    for ********s sake. Only good thing in this is that the academy players have a better environment to get their chance in J2

but still shit ********

12. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Which players could leave this season?

13. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Hopefully Hasegawa.

14. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Why man? Do you think he was the weakest player of Cerezo? No way

15. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    In comparasion to his most likely higher than average salary, his contributions have been really poor. No reason to keep a below average player at an above average salary, is it?

Also, to me it seems like he is having a bad influence on the team, and never really looked like a player that is willing by bleed for his team.

16. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    But obviously our main problem lies in attack. When Kakitani left, and Forlan (eventually) turned out to be a flop (he actually, together with Cerezo, started the season pretty well), all we was left with was the most ineffective striker since Kisho Yano (Sugimoto), a J2-reject (Hirano) and Nagai, who even struggled to shine at lowly (at the time) Perth Glory, scoring just 4 goals in 26 appearances.

Cacau have actually been a step up compared to all of these, but maybe that tells more about the others than Cacau.

That Yamaguchi, our most important player, have been injured the last 3 months havent helped either, and the same goes for Fujimoto, whose skills with the ball might not be the best, but he's without a doubt the strongest leader in the group and his presence have obviously been missed as well ( and without Fujimoto by his side, the shortcomings of Yamashita that Saku have mentioned several times became quite clear).

So, whether or not we go down, I actually hope Hasegawa and Sugimoto leaves.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I'll take Sugimoto at Kashima (hopefully he agrees to go this time).

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  18. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Really? in what role? Given that Kashima will play 4-2-3-1 next season as well, u want him in the no.9 role? Instead of Davi? Not that Davi is the most effective player ( but he always come to a lot of scoring opportunities), but I doubt Sugimoto would be able to finish off half the amount of chances Davi does..

He's useless on the flanks, but I guess its time for Ogasawara to retire soon, so might be an openinig in the no.10 role or as the shadow-striker. Is that where u think he could make a difference?

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Davi will be out for a while and Akasaki doesn't do the job so far so whoever comes in next season will get a trial period. I can't help but like Sugimoto, is totally not efficient but he's a big guy with skill and technique, it's so rare ! He could be like a classier Tatsuhiko Kubo ... I think Cerezo should have let him on loan at Verdy for longer, he finally had a good streak of games going.

20. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Hmm yeah, Davi will be out for a while, so they got a problem there. But I dont know, He was good at Verdy, but that was at a whole different level. The skills he got, I can't really see them being of much use at Cerezo atleast, but might be that he is being used wrong.

There's something else about him as well, he doesnt seem to have the focus in the right place, and his body language isnt the best either always. Like he seems more concerned about his hairstyle, dating AKB-girls and often has a "negative" posture. But I dont know, maybe Im wrong.

21. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You are reading my thoughts!

I was thinking that if Cerezo go down then Sugimoto should go to Kashima, as it'll be perfect for both parties (Kashima and Sugimoto).

To be honest clubs like Kashima, Hiroshima, Kashiwa and Tokyo are perfect places for young players who are either poor-managed or looking to improve themselves.

One of the players I really wish to see in Kashima is Takuya Aoki, as he was misused by Urawa this season, and will provide a good balance in Kashima's CM as he'll most probably offset Shibasaki's lack of defensive qualities.

22. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I do not really agree. I have been watching all his games so far and to me it looks like he is not under performing. Nothing special, just average. But I am convinced he performed way better for his previous team FC Tokyo. But lets not forget he made some nice assists this season and scored few goals. He would be a star in J2 and he could contribute lot helping Cerezo bouncing back to J1 if they do relegate.

23. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Seems Davi will be out for 8 months...it's a long period. Antlers needs a striker clearly. I hope will be another Brazilian.

24. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I wonder if Yamaguchi, Ogihara and Minamino will get offers from other clubs if Cerezo gets relegated. I think Yamaguchi will move next January.

25. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    KiarashM and Keren repped this.