The Brainstorming Thread - Ways to make BigSoccer better...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jun 22, 2008.

1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is already there...simply become a Premium Member.

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well I should have been more specific and meant like for non-premium but ah well.

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    This is a truly excellent idea. Make it happen.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe give select people in each forum something like "junior moderator" powers. They'd be able to sticky/unsticky posts that only they create, and maybe a few other light powers as well.

It kind of ties in with Beech's idea. If someone has TV info, road trip info, starts a pregame thread, etc.. they should be able to sticky that post without waiting for a moderator to come around.

They wouldn't be able to delete or edit posts, but at the same time, they wouldn't need to wait for a mod to sticky or edit a relevant thread which they created.

Maybe sticky/unsticky would be the only "power" that they would get, but I do think it's a good idea to give certain forum members more control over threads they start.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While this sounds cool, we would end up with something like 10 stickies in many forums, and that is waaay OTT.

6. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    why not start a bigsoccer podcast?

7. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bad idea chiquis....

A Podcast dedicated to the USMNT?

8. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    oh yeah, it may be like the front page blog, does it exist?

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about having a notice sent when a response is posted in a social group that you belong too?
    Same fashion as it is for any threads you post in.

10. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Seconded.

11. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bigsoccer.com/podcasts or podcasts.bigsoccer.com, whichever one would work better.

Anyway, you set it up so that bigsoccer could host podcasts on their servers (maybe some sort of premium function??) that whoever had a podcast could upload and share with the BS community.

I'm sure that many forums already have discussions focusing on podcasts, both by forum regulars and other people, so why not give the actual podcasts space on the site?

12. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, here's another thought.

When I click the scales on my post, I can see the rep comments and the various tiles. Why can't I see the name of the repper as well?

13. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There should be a "thinning out" or a cull, if you like, of Mexican posters, there are too many of them and their posting "style" is boring, they should be banned from the most boring up, starting with the one's that just post "jajajajajajajajajajajajaj", nobody knows what that means anyway, next you should ban the one's that just post pictures, the one's that say "fail", "epic fail" "pwned" etc, Mexican posters should be reduced to at most 50% of their present number.

14. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's another idea, but not really big on my list.

It seems like a lot of threads in this forum are all either "so-and-so neg repped me" or "please put the rep squares back in the posts" or "please put the post count back." Maybe we need catch-all threads for these posts, where it would be something like "Please put all posts relating to _________ here." Posts relating to these matters elsewhere in this forum would be locked.

15. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :eek:

jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja
    jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

:rolleyes:

16. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How easy would it be to put the list of subscribed forums in the User CP? Right now, once you go into that section, it doesn't seem as easy to get out as it should be...

17. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Promotion & Relegation!
    Bring Back the Shootout!
    Free Segroves!

Sorry, I blacked out there for a second.

What do you mean? My subscribed forums are in my user control panel.

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I noticed he'd been red carded again.

19. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Alright, if it's not going to be restored, then what was the rationale for taking it out in the first place? Server load? Coding problems? Just didn't like the color?

20. El Chompiras

El Chompiras Member+

Feb 27, 2006
    San Fernando Valley
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    getting rid of rep points

have the option to still leave a comment if you liked the post but get rid of the point system

21. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting comments coming from someone with a gaggle of green squares.

There does seem to be a number of people who apparently can't handle the negative rep. If the elimination of negative rep can't be done, I do like the "private comments" idea.

But without neg rep, what would we do with the bot? :D

22. el chuntaro

el chuntaro New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Neverland Ranch
    [​IMG]

23. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Youtube button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I completely agree with the first point. I didn't think there was any serious interest in publicizing green nipples.

Second point is what I was going to say when I saw this thread title.

25. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    best idea in this thread.