The Brainstorming Thread - Ways to make BigSoccer better...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    youtube tags

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    seconded.

Also, can we make the signature line a little longer than 1 line?

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2) Why not just bookmark http://my.bigsoccer.com ??? There's always www.bigsoccer.com/my as an alternative.

From a purely personal standpoint, there should be ways to remove people from the member list that I don't want to see up there. I know there's only a handful of people that registered before me that are still active, and i'd like to know how many.

4. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny! I lived for about six months in a little Azorean town called Ribeira Grande on the island of Sao Miguel. Almost every day I would walk past this really old guy standing in his doorway, leaning on the half-door, wearing his pajamas, a tie, and a dress hat. He would call to me, I'd go over, and he would ask me the same two questions: did anyone die, and could he have a cigarrette. No and I don't smoke, same answers every day. After about four months I happened past a funeral at the church in the center of town, asked who died, and then went immediately to find the old mak in his half-doorway. I told him who died; he said "Who? Really?" And then he began to laugh his ass off incontrolably - I thought he would topple over that half-door and hurt himself. The commotion brought his great-granddaughter out, who explained to me that the old man was 102, and all he really lived for was to outlive other people. The other person who passed was 90+, which really made the old guy's day.

Kryptonite to Ismitje: Anyone stop posting?
    Ismitje: No, no one.

etc. Until one day . . .

Ismitje to Kryptonite: Kryptonite! Stogey 23 stopped posting!
    Kryptonite: Who? Really!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . . .

:)

(comment in no way meant to make Stogey 23 to feel like I want him gone! ;))

5. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    i agree, and can we have images in our signatures? there could be some sort of size limit so they aren't too oversized.

6. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Very small request (don't know in which thread to put it, either), but could we return this:
    Home > USA > Major League Soccer > (etc.)

to the bottom of the page? Makes navigation a lot more convenient instead of returning to the top of the page.

7. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll second that.

8. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Agreed. Please give breadcrumbs at the bottom of threads.

9. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I would also like to have our PMs function more like e-mails. In addition to displaying more than 10 PMs per page (Maybe like 25 or 50) it would be nice to also have the option of making a PM 'discussion' that spans multiple PMs into a thread of it's own, if you will.

Almost like the way Gmail does it now. So, instead of having 12 different PMs in the same discussion, I could have one 'thread' if you will.

It'd also be nice to be able to have a 'view all' on a page ... not just the subjects, but the actual messages as well. That way when I'm having to sort through PMs, I don't have to click each one, see what it's about, then go back and view the next, etc.

(I'm saying this as I decided to just axe 300+ messages from my inbox.)

10. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    It's called bssc platinum :)

http://my.bigsoccer.com

11. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    we have them: [ youtube ]

12. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  13. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Put rep and Post count on Posts...

14. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    that used to exist. i dont know about rep

but post count could be useful

15. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    The problem with posts counts on the posts themselves is that people post crap trying to raise the numbers

16. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Then Rep points will prove if he is a crap talker or a contributing poster...

17. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    As I posted earlier, I'm all for public rep points - that way, I know whether to take someone seriously or ignore them because they're just always an ass.

18. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I would spend even more of my life on here if I could do it quickly/effectively from my Blackberry.

19. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    100% agreement. The [R] rule is silly these days.

20. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  21. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :mad:Absolutely not again - that popularity contest widget nearly ruined bigsoccer for me last time. Forums became nothing more than holyier than thou's and rivalries type wit posts to gain nipple approval from their buds. Very rarely did it indicate the true value or weight of a respected poster. I'm cool with post count as only newbies really care about it but the counter should only increment in forums about soccer and not about who just smoked weed in the last 10 minutes in the free for all area. This site is about driving soccer related content and you should be accredited with that in a moderated forum the rest is just myspace/chat room type bs.

• Also I'd like to see a thread starter be able to always edit thier initial post regardless of time limit. As details like TV/radio changes, traveling supporters information etc... became available the header thread could be updated without moderator intervention. You would always know that the first post is relevant for all the current information rather than having to read pages of posts as it developed. This would be particularly useful in the equipment sale forums or adding content to a poll based thread as new suggestions came in. Think of news threads with just a single header post as articles became available throughout the day.

22. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    An every other sunday "For Paying Members only, Big Soccer BBQ with free Beer and pre paid Hookers luncheon" would make this place much more user friendly.

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What he said.

Before the recent rule changes, I could post 15 pictures of world famous supermodels and get a list of positive rep like you wouldn't believe.

Likewise, if I went trolling, and someone neg-repped me, I could have 10 members of my "BigSoccer posse" neg-rep him back.

The system sets itself up for too many abuses.

I do like that second idea.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgive me if this has already been suggested, or even exists, but I don't use just one computer to access BS.

On one of them, I need "BigSoccer Gray" skin. On the other one, I use the premium widescreen. It is my understanding that I need to flip back and forth between skins, as my preference isn't saved on each individual computer, but rather on BS.

Could things be changed so that skins are saved on each computer?

Next idea:
    My BigSoccer (arrow pointing down)
    TV, Satellite & Radio
    USA Men: Fans & Travel
    Columbus Crew

If I click the arrow, the forum list collapses and expands as expected. But, if I click My BS text, it preforms the same function as the arrow. The other categories, such as "World of Soccer" and so forth, all go to the forums. Shouldn't the My BS text also go to www.bigsoccer.com/my??

25. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I agree with this, at best three lines would do but I wouldn't mind two lines at all.