The Blond Ambition Tour: The 2016-17 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Exactly! CR would never make it in Paulista, he'd cry his bitchass back home after first tackle. [emoji23] Neymar has twice as many goals, even in international level so pwnd Crynaldo.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed. G. Jesus 5 goals in 12 games in the Paulista league last year, in the EPL 3 goals in barely over 2 games :p

condor11, unclesox and Gilmango repped this.
  3. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #178 Bada Bing, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Nor individual goals, to tapins and penaldos for that matter.

4. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    MavadoDribblez, jfcule and Gilmango repped this.
  5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So Suarez gets two game ban. Hahaha Amazing how LFP and refereeing committee is in Madrids pockets. Is it true that they changed the official report to straight red?

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Think he gave a straight red. He pulled the yellow out, but then pulled the red and showed the red.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Did they really review this "elbow" and think that's a 2 game suspension ?

8. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a double yellow equals red, the 2nd game suspension came from refusing to exit the pitch and go directly to the dressing room (he watched the rest of the match from the pitch end of the tunnel and was back on pitch after the whistle. Luis brought it on himself, really, though the first yellow was harsh. The good news is that it doesn't matter about the 2nd match ban as the ban only applies to Copa so Luis sits out the first the final (boo) then the first Copa match next year (round of 32, when Paco should get PT anyways). I posted articles about this on the CdR final pre-game thread.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You're right, the camera switches right when he shows the yellow, then shows him again showing the red. I missed the initial yellow.

10. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lionel Messi (29) wants to be relieved of some on-field responsibility of carrying the team before agreeing to sign a new contract. [MARCA]

This what I have been talking about for a while and people here think everything is fine. I really don't blame Messi, he is balling us all along.

11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Messi can help reduce his responsibility by letting Neymar take free kicks. ;)

12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So Lucho picks the backup RB of Barca B instead of the first team RB! Go figure! I wonder if he picks the team according to other criteria than skills. [emoji19]

puyol repped this.
  13. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My thoughts on aleix. Couldn't have said it better myself (sorry if it's in Spanish)

14. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How else would you explain him favouring Gomes over all the other midfielders we have ? :rolleyes:

MavadoDribblez repped this.
  15. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot that we have the right to sign an emergency replacement from La Liga. Yes, Lucho likes Nili as Nile played 9 Liga games for Las Palmas last season, and Nili has practiced more with the first team and seems comfortable there. Palencia may have a higher ceiling but this is not the time in the season or a potential future crack's career to make a Liga debut, that is not a risk with Nili. Why all the Lucho hate. SMH. http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...n-his-aleix-vidal-replacement-already-5802561

and oh gee look Nili is even valued more at present:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nili_(footballer) http://www.transfermarkt.com/nili/profil/spieler/282671
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergi_Palencia http://www.transfermarkt.com/sergi-palencia/profil/spieler/268176

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#191 Forzabarca, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2017
    More experience in high flight good [emoji106] 1 game vs 22 games this year [emoji107]

But honestly I wouldn't give a rats arse about value. Denis Suarez was bought for scraps but Shitmes cost 3-4 times more and he's not performing according to his value/cost so that doesn't mean much really, for me at least.

If Palencia is the regular RB in Barca B and not Nili, then I wonder if Barca B coach is an idiot or Lucho, cause one of them must be [emoji23]

17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I think that, as ever, one needs to take a more nuanced view. Palencia, you may or may not know, is a Barca B captain, scrapping him for a player who is maybe just a hair better would disrupt team harmony (at Barca B). But perhaps neither will ever really make the first team? So you play Palencia in all the Barca B games, he's a good La Masia soldier. And, as you probably know, if you don't train with Barca B during the week you generally don't play with them on the weekend, so maybe, just maybe Lucho and Barca B's coach (Gerard Lopez) agreed that Nili was there at Barca B (just signed on the cheap this past summer) in case (1) Palencia got injured, or (2) in case Barca's first team needed a RB sub with Liga experience (such as injury to Roberto or Vidal, or Vidal staying in Lucho's doghouse). I am not saying I'm clairvoyant (I'm not) but stop hating on Nili, on Lucho and/or on Lopez. Nili is with Barca B as emergency for just what happened and has trained a ton with the first team (just look up the Nile nutmeg video). Give Nili a chance.

As far as the emergency signing option I have no idea if we could exercise that in this season since it is too late to sell someone, I don't know all the FFP (financial fair play) boundaries. Obviously, if we were going to sign Cancelo this summer it'd be great to sign him now (and unlike Widmer and others he is in Liga which is required for the emergency signing Liga exception) but I'm guessing FFP rules it out (for more than 1 million or 2) and that we "play the hand we were dealt" and don't sign anyone. Again, just my guess.

So again, cut both coaches some slack, neither one has to be an idiot, act like you know all this.

18. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No need to sign any RB. Sergio Roberto can improve and can rotate with Masch.

News that Lucho is leaving so let the new coach decide who to buy in the summer.

Forzabarca repped this.
  19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not sure Masch can play every game anymore though. Getting a bit up there in years.

He is also the only reasonable back-up option to Busquets so if they don't sign a RB it will leave them extremely thin in at least two positions.

20. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lucho should rotate the CB position in this order: Pique, Umtiti, Mathieu, Masch. (not fan of Mathieu of course but he can play against smaller teams at Camp). Then for RB position: SR, Masch. For DM: Busquets, Raki/Gomes

Not ideal but under Pep we had so many emergency makeshifts and it worked.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  22. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    MavadoDribblez, unclesox and Gilmango repped this.
  23. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    On Friday RAC1 reported that Barcelona will tour the U.S. during the 2017 summer pre-season, playing three matches in that International Champions Cup (whatever that is) including a match in Miami against... Real Madrid (!)
    I cannot recall the last time these two played a Clasico Amistoso.
    Should we care?
    (I don't at the moment, in fact I haven't paid much attention to pre-season friendlies for quite a few years now. The Gamper is when I usually start watching.)

24. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Menotti: for those who doesn't know him, he is a WC winner manager and coached Barcelona in the early 80s when Maradona was playing for Barcelona. He influenced coaches like Marcelo Bielsa. This is what he has to say about Barca's current season.

-"Barça rely too much on luck. They keep winning w/o playing well & didn't play better than Atletico, yet they won."
    -"Barcelona used to be effective because they controlled the risks of a match even when being ambitious and taking the initiative."
    -"Now Barça rely too much on individual actions. Every action depends much more on individual rather than on collective execution."

Forzabarca repped this.
  25. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Sounds alot like someone in this forum.. [emoji12]

illusion repped this.